Dam You Macross 7 Dam You #$%#$^#$&^$%&

deadghost

Was it Mayan? Who know's. General theory had been that Basara not taking formal musical instruction came up with his own method for writing it down. But we still have Mao un-accounted for in the post SW-I era, and anything is possible.

In order for her to be Basara's mother, she would have had to have had him in her late 20's, early 30's, which is entirely possible. But considering the only real history we have on Basara is that he was found singing to mountains on a frontier colony, there's no true evidence for or against any origin theory. And Kawamori loving his mysteries, it's doubtful he'd give any firm evidence anytime soon (if ever).

Guess we'll just have to wait & see what happens in the next project. Will Gamlin & Mylene finally hook up? Will Sivil come back for Basara? Will Shin & Sara with AFOS in tow turn back up as some kind of super powered avatar's to smach humans back down to Earth??? Is it coincidence that the Ginga Kujira organs were compatible with Overtech engine technology, or were they yet another Protoculture leftover piece of the puzzle? Will the U.N. Spacy clear Guld's remains out of orbit, or just wait for him to burn up in the atmosphere? These are all things we may never get to know.

Edited by Keith

Will the U.N. Spacy clear Guld's remains out of orbit, or just wait for him to burn up in the atmosphere? These are all things we may never get to know.

420328[/snapback]

lol

420337[/snapback]

I have a proven theroy for all you guys, you see mac+ was somewhat based on 2001 space oddesiy in that movie their was a pilot named bowman and a AI named hal

(see where im going) Bowman destroys that evil AI in doing so he endangerd his own life thus he had to go beyond his reality and life frame (like the scene where guld goes really fast threw the gs) where he became the starchild allowing him to survive in space same can be kinda said for guld but guld did ti to relief his evil deeds and burdens to allow him to be free among the stars guld. Thats what shojie was trying to show. You got to see the movie to know what im talking about, al also make a thread about this.

Will the U.N. Spacy clear Guld's remains out of orbit, or just wait for him to burn up in the atmosphere? These are all things we may never get to know.

420328[/snapback]

lol

420337[/snapback]

I have a proven theroy for all you guys, you see mac+ was somewhat based on 2001 space oddesiy in that movie their was a pilot named bowman and a AI named hal

(see where im going) Bowman destroys that evil AI in doing so he endangerd his own life thus he had to go beyond his reality and life frame (like the scene where guld goes really fast threw the gs) where he became the starchild allowing him to survive in space same can be kinda said for guld but guld did ti to relief his evil deeds and burdens to allow him to be free among the stars guld. Thats what shojie was trying to show. You got to see the movie to know what im talking about, al also make a thread about this.

420483[/snapback]

[/quot

AH DAMIT THIS IS MY BROTHERS SCREE NAME IM DEADGHOST NOT MY BRO DEAN DAMIT, REMEMBER DEADGHOST WROTE THIS

i liked it, even if it was a bit quarky in its story, Mylene was still kewl :)

419791[/snapback]

Milia kicked AZZ!

419808[/snapback]

Max was awesome too.

And thus we come to the first law of Macross: The Jeniuses rule.

419981[/snapback]

I've always wondered though... who's the better pilot - Max or Roy? I'm thinking it's Max.

420045[/snapback]

Sorry guys but roy will always be the better man and better pilot, You see roy can land more girls than max and roy didnt marry the first chick that he dated that didnt know anything about the dateing life style.

As a pilot roy was the first and the original if you saw mac0 you would know what I am talking about, roy cared about his wingman and kept his formation and squad together thus geting the legendary squll squadron and where do you think max and hikaru learned. And for my final statement roy got killed by the miltrans because he had a nasty hang over and he was drunk I like to see max take a sip of beer and keep his plane straight.

i liked it, even if it was a bit quarky in its story, Mylene was still kewl :)

419791[/snapback]

Milia kicked AZZ!

419808[/snapback]

Max was awesome too.

And thus we come to the first law of Macross: The Jeniuses rule.

419981[/snapback]

I've always wondered though... who's the better pilot - Max or Roy? I'm thinking it's Max.

420045[/snapback]

Sorry guys but roy will always be the better man and better pilot, You see roy can land more girls than max and roy didnt marry the first chick that he dated that didnt know anything about the dateing life style.

As a pilot roy was the first and the original if you saw mac0 you would know what I am talking about, roy cared about his wingman and kept his formation and squad together thus geting the legendary squll squadron and where do you think max and hikaru learned. And for my final statement roy got killed by the miltrans because he had a nasty hang over and he was drunk I like to see max take a sip of beer and keep his plane straight.

post-4019-1154124259_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1154124261_thumb.jpg

Max is officially good with women too.

He just found one he wanted to keep faster than Roy did.

Though how hitting everything without a Y chromosome makes you better at anything other than collecting STDs is beyond me.

As a pilot roy was the first and the original if you saw mac0 you would know what I am talking about, roy cared about his wingman and kept his formation and squad together thus geting the legendary squll squadron and where do you think max and hikaru learned.

Hikaru learned from Roy. Max was more or less "InstantAce: Just add ammo."

He was outfighting Hikaru straight out of training.

Roy also got coke dumped on his head. Max is still cola-free.

And for my final statement roy got killed by the miltrans because he had a nasty hang over and he was drunk I like to see max take a sip of beer and keep his plane straight.

So Max being smart enough to stay sober when he was on duty makes Focker the better pilot?

Roy er...I had jungle fever.

I also was in the of the UN War with 180 kills.   During the Space War the documentary film crew was focusing on Hikaru and Vermillion Team.   For ratings we faked my death but that's another story.

420222[/snapback]

Hahahah!

Guld was actually picked up and brought to Earth where his remains could be used in a top secret project entitled "Soylent Green." The Soylent Green project was especially useful on Earth after the Zentraedi attacked in Space War I, leaving most animals/plants inedible or dead. Wait... maybe I'm confusing this with some crap sci fi story I had to read for a class in junior high...

ADD: So do you think Roy may have had STDs? Maybe that's why he decided to stick with Claudia -- maybe she GAVE him the STDs?! Food for thought. As for Basara's mom being that chick from Macross Zero - that's pretty intriguing. If they ever come out with a tie-all-in series that'd be a nifty twist. I'd like to see Basara's 19 in CG. I also wanna' see Isamu again, since he and I share the same last name. (I'd like to see Isamu Vs. Basara actually) I'd also like to see Mylene b--ch slap Basara Hikaru DYRL style for not paying attention to her during the series.

Edited by GutsAndCasca

Roy er...I had jungle fever.

I also was in the of the UN War with 180 kills.  During the Space War the documentary film crew was focusing on Hikaru and Vermillion Team.  For ratings we faked my death but that's another story.

420222[/snapback]

Hahahah!

Guld was actually picked up and brought to Earth where his remains could be used in a top secret project entitled "Soylent Green." The Soylent Green project was especially useful on Earth after the Zentraedi attacked in Space War I, leaving most animals/plants inedible or dead. Wait... maybe I'm confusing this with some crap sci fi story I had to read for a class in junior high...

ADD: So do you think Roy may have had STDs? Maybe that's why he decided to stick with Claudia -- maybe she GAVE him the STDs?! Food for thought. As for Basara's mom being that chick from Macross Zero - that's pretty intriguing. If they ever come out with a tie-all-in series that'd be a nifty twist. I'd like to see Basara's 19 in CG. I also wanna' see Isamu again, since he and I share the same last name. (I'd like to see Isamu Vs. Basara actually) I'd also like to see Mylene b--ch slap Basara Hikaru DYRL style for not paying attention to her during the series.

420534[/snapback]

and no one would stop Mylene from doing so :p

honestly i wonder why she never did half the time...

Isamu vs Basara? Isamu would kick Basara's as$!

Basara wouldn't even fight back, and Isamu would just get more pi$$ed and go at him even moresowithout hesitation.

i bet Isamu could win in a VF-11B agianst Basara :p

Isamu vs Basara? Isamu would kick Basara's as$!

Basara wouldn't even fight back, and Isamu would just get more pi$$ed and go at him even moresowithout hesitation.

AND he's already done the musical warfare thing and come out the other side.

Next to a insane computer with extremely effective brainwashing subroutines, Basara's weapon of choice is a trivial headache inducer.

Worst-case scenario, it becomes a war of attrition, with Isamu tiring Basara out until he ceases to dodge and block effectively.

Sure Isamu's gonna tire too, but Basara won't counterattack, so no worries.

Game, set, and match. Isamu wins, no contest.

only roy never fought millia....

I'm quite sure he did.

It was brief, but lethal to the CAG.

I am not entirely sure if Max broke up the dog fight or not, though. I'll have to re-check that.

420391[/snapback]

That lie can traced back to The RDF Manual By Palladium Books. In Roy's stats and I quote, "Roy's life was ended in a fierce battle with Miriya, the famed Zentradei ace."

That never happen but people read it in the books or from fan site. A few years later they forget that they read it but assume Mirya/Milia killed him from memory.

They sure didn't do a very good job of representing Miria killing off Roy in the cartoon. I just watched that episode last week and I figured Roy just got jacked fighting off Q-Raus while Max and Miria were off playing. Well I will say this, Miria sure didn't kill Roy in DYRL. In that, he gets waxed by a Meltran named James.

Glad to see people drumming up support for Isamu! Muahahah! Yes, my namesake would have a large advantage due to the fact that he'd be firing live ammo. Plus I doubt he'd be afraid to kill sumfin'.

JK about James. I don't know what the guy's name was, but he sure did quite a number on that VF1S's head. Other than the cool head-bash, I thought what ensued was a lame way to kill off the famed leader of skull squadron. Yeah he may have been helping Misa and Hikaru escape but after the crushed head thing I don't think he really had any other options.

They sure didn't do a very good job of representing Miria killing off Roy in the cartoon. I just watched that episode last week and I figured Roy just got jacked fighting off Q-Raus while Max and Miria were off playing. Well I will say this, Miria sure didn't kill Roy in DYRL. In that, he gets waxed by a Meltran named James.

Glad to see people drumming up support for Isamu! Muahahah! Yes, my namesake would have a large advantage due to the fact that he'd be firing live ammo. Plus I doubt he'd be afraid to kill sumfin'.

JK about James. I don't know what the guy's name was, but he sure did quite a number on that VF1S's head. Other than the cool head-bash, I thought what ensued was a lame way to kill off the famed leader of skull squadron. Yeah he may have been helping Misa and Hikaru escape but after the crushed head thing I don't think he really had any other options.

420608[/snapback]

If I recall, Roy's death in DYRL was supposed to be Kamjin's big entrance/exit.

Could be fan misrepresentation, like the Roy VS Millia thing, though.

First major mis-conception: Isamu was hardly a better pilot than Basara, hell, Isamu couldn't even take out Guld! Using live ammo doesn't make you a better pilot. And even Max admitted that Basara was at his level of skill.

Second major mis-conception: Isamu wouldn't fight Basara in the first place, as the too are far too similar not to get along.

And yes, it was Kamujin who killed Roy in DYRL, he used a complete battyass sneak attack, and as such, died equally like a batty.

Edited by Keith

It shoulda' been a fight, not a quick "Okay let's get the dying over with" scene. But, don't get me wrong, I still love DYRL. Always will. I'm just anti-roy's-death-scene.

Max says Basara is on his skill level?! I guess I need to finish the series... I'll work on it after I'm done with finals next week. I'm at the part where Basara is out in the desert wandering around playing his guitar and Mylene goes after him. The Syvil-obsessed weirdo ends up getting his azz kicked, and I don't remember anything after that so I think that's where I left off.

I still think Isamu could whoop Basara. Except in hand to hand combat. Isamu's fight with Guld didn't impress me, but I think he did a great job for a guy recovering from severe injuries. I'm not sure how alike the two are, aside from searching to fulfill some part of themselves: Basara likes music, Isamu likes flying. They both get the babes obviously...

Okay now I'm wondering if Guld and Isamu are better pilots than Max??? It's a possibility, I think.

First major mis-conception: Isamu was hardly a better pilot than Basara, hell, Isamu couldn't even take out Guld!

Guld was another highly-skilled pilot, probably considered of similar skill to Isamu.

And he had a neural interface elevating him to superhuman levels of perception and response time.

Using live ammo doesn't make you a better pilot.

Nope, but it does mean you'll win a fight if you hit.

If you don't... I believe Isamu was the pioneer that first adapted the pinpoint barrier punch to single-pilot mecha, so he's still well-armed once his ammo runs dry.

Second major mis-conception: Isamu wouldn't fight Basara in the first place, as the too are far too similar not to get along.

Sometimes being too similar causes more annoyance than being total opposites.

Besides, VS matchups aren't concerned with the why and how.

That what's I thought when I first saw macross plus and how Sharon Apple was represented as a box with a single camera eye. (she would be some kind of hal type AI that doesn't trust us)

"2001 A Space Oddessy" is a great movie - especially the open ended ending as well as the accurate, though (being honest,) boring representation of real space travel. "2010 The Year We Make Contact" is not a good sequel. On it's own, 2010 is a great film, just not a great follow-up to the Stanley Kubric masterpiece.

Nevertheless, I didn't really notice the similarities with Macross Plus until now... thanks for pointing them out!

First major mis-conception: Isamu was hardly a better pilot than Basara, hell, Isamu couldn't even take out Guld!

Guld was another highly-skilled pilot, probably considered of similar skill to Isamu.

And he had a neural interface elevating him to superhuman levels of perception and response time.

That wouldn't stop Max!

Using live ammo doesn't make you a better pilot.

Nope, but it does mean you'll win a fight if you hit.

If you don't... I believe Isamu was the pioneer that first adapted the pinpoint barrier punch to single-pilot mecha, so he's still well-armed once his ammo runs dry.

And Basara has proved on many occasions that he can handle himself in a flood of live ammo. Hell, the only thing that was able to bring him down was Gepelnitch when he was damn near the size of a planet.

And while Isamu did pioneer the pinpoint barrier punch, he still fell to Guld on 2 occasions (though admittedly the first time was a cheap shot when he was trying to save Guld).

Sometimes being too similar causes more annoyance than being total opposites.

Besides, VS matchups aren't concerned with the why and how.

420655[/snapback]

Basara & Isamu are the same type of guy. Isamu puts all his feeling into flying, Basara puts his into singing. The two would have far more than a mutual respect for each other.

Geh.. why do people try to say Roy died because of something specific?

Roy's death was the essence of "war is hell"

the whole POINT was that one of the best pilots was killed a) not doing something heroic b) not doing anything paticularly stupid c) not killed by some super ace calling special attention of the whole fleet.

It was a random pointless death. Trying to say he was either outclassed or had done something preventable to stay alive misses the whole point of killing him off.

That wouldn't stop Max!

*laughs*

True. I guess blue hair gives you supernatural abilities just as well as anything else.

And Basara  has proved on many occasions that he can handle himself in a flood of live ammo. Hell, the only thing that was able to bring him down was Gepelnitch when he was damn near the size of a planet.

Hence why I said it becomes an endurance match.

Basara's gonna become less effective as he tires. While the same is true of Isamu, Isamu's not in any danger.

If you take two dogs of equal size, fighting ability and strength and then pull the teeth out of one of them, it's just a matter of time before he loses. Basara is an ace pilot without any weapons. He can't rock & roll Isamu to death. Isamu can shoot him to death. :)

If you take two dogs of equal size, fighting ability and strength and then pull the teeth out of one of them, it's just a matter of time before he loses. Basara is an ace pilot without any weapons. He can't rock & roll Isamu to death. Isamu can shoot him to death. :)

420971[/snapback]

or if he runs out of ammo, nail'em hard with with that punch :p

honestly i think Isamu would be the better pilot of the two for a number of reasons, it'd only be a matter of time before he'd get basara to slip up, for instance, while basara's blocking fire or dodging missiles Isamu's likely to take the chance for an alternate attack.

Since Basara has no offensive (or rather chooses not to) he'd have gaps in his defenses all over, so his music stopped the Protodeviln, doesn't mean it will stop someone whos heard it all before, he'd be at the mercy of a real pilot. Music won't effect a human pilot as it did the alien species and those under mind control, if it hadn't effected them he'd of been long wasted.

Edited by GrimlockCW

honestly i think Isamu would be the better pilot of the two for a number of reasons, it'd only be a matter of time before he'd get basara to slip up, for instance, while basara's blocking fire or dodging missiles Isamu's likely to take the chance for an alternate attack.

Alternate attack...

Dang it, now I have an image of Isamu, Texas Ranger doing a pinpoint-barrier roundhouse kick.

This is all your fault, somehow.

Actually in Macross Plus while talking about Sharon Apple and music, Isamu says he "really isnt interested in that" so i doubt he would pay attention to basara at all.

421048[/snapback]

I thought he was referring specifically to artificial manufactured pop stars, of which Sharon is the pinnacle.

From that angle, he WOULD respect Basara, who not only isn't manufactured, but has actively resisted "selling out," even though it would make him more famous and get him lots of money.

Story-wise, of course. In reality, Fire Bomber is more manufactured than Sharon.

It was a random pointless death. Trying to say he was either outclassed or had done something preventable to stay alive misses the whole point of killing him off.

But he prided himself so much on risk taking and being better than hikaru and leaving him behind. I think he kinda deserved to die. Sorry to all the roy fans......:D If we could measure it in terms of luck:

1. Max is the luckiest - never dies. Not even basara is better than him

2. Basara - doesn't need to shoot his targets and goes into battle fighting PD. These are monsters that even reaction weapons are useless against FFS. Exedol crapped his pants. But unlike max he takes damage from milia's rival. (unlike roy he isn't leading a team or anything) So it is possible he lacks experience against more elite alien pilots to have allowed that to happen.

3. Dyson third luckiest - took on the whole sdf1 all by himself. Yang tells him the odds of survival and he goes in recklessly against the odds. Unlike max and basara though it is possible the AI was going easy on him and didn't really want to kill him because it reasoned that all Dyson wanted was a challenge. Maybe the AI was merely providing that challenge as a game for him to play and had not intended to actually attack him fully. After all the AI "loved" him.

4. Guld. He is zentradi so he has to die. Kinda like how in a horror movie the black guy is usually always first to go. just kidding. :D But yeah he is the bad guy of the two because of the advantages he has with better technology. (sort of like rocky V when rocky had to fight Drago in his country, with Guld being drago because of the advantages he has :D)

5. Roy. Didn't die heroically the way guld did where he rammed his plane to take out the ghost which saved lives. Both in the movie and in the tv series, allowed himself to be taken by surprise. (remember one of the skills is spatial awareness which is probably what makes max so good - like a spiderman "spider sense")Also: Maybe he WAS drunk in the tv series based on his actions in macross zero where he drinks and has no problem with that, we'll never know eh? Just because we didn't see it happen onscreen doesn't mean he couldn't have sneaked a few in before that fight against the qrau grunts..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Well she would be between max and basara wouldn't she?

If milia's rival (was it fleet of the strongest women episode? In this Basara is owned in a matter of seconds with even ray commenting that he couldn't avoid it all) was able to shoot basara and damage him enough to not be able to broadcast his music, (he had to go back for repairs) and milia has a better or equal record than her rival, and her rival respect milia, then I reason milia would sit higher than basara.

Hikaru might be below roy, because doesn't he mention that it was him always needing help and stuff and being shot down? (or was that something I just remember from robotech?)

It shoulda' been a fight, not a quick "Okay let's get the dying over with" scene. But, don't get me wrong, I still love DYRL. Always will. I'm just anti-roy's-death-scene.

Max says Basara is on his skill level?! I guess I need to finish the series... I'll work on it after I'm done with finals next week. I'm at the part where Basara is out in the desert wandering around playing his guitar and Mylene goes after him. The Syvil-obsessed weirdo ends up getting his azz kicked, and I don't remember anything after that so I think that's where I left off.

I still think Isamu could whoop Basara. Except in hand to hand combat. Isamu's fight with Guld didn't impress me, but I think he did a great job for a guy recovering from severe injuries. I'm not sure how alike the two are, aside from searching to fulfill some part of themselves: Basara likes music, Isamu likes flying. They both get the babes obviously...

Okay now I'm wondering if Guld and Isamu are better pilots than Max??? It's a possibility, I think.

420650[/snapback]

Isamu and guld will always be better pilots than max its just how it is I cant even imagine max compareing with gulds yf-21 guld is in a way is the yf-21 he defeated a machine that surpassed humans in every way, He cerated the yf-21 and his zentradi

background gives him more strength. I can even start with isamu I would spend hours just telling you. Isamu and guld are rivals they are equals they couldnt defeat each other. They are in my eyes true aces a hot head and a cold hearted pilot like water and fire .

As for roy in dyrl I will agree it kinda suckd but he sacerficed his life to save everyone and HE IS NOT A HERO BUT A LEGEND SAME CAN BE SAID FOR GULD.

Its those move scenes where the tough hero has to go beyond the line of duty and do the moral and right thing.

But he prided himself so much on risk taking and being better than hikaru and leaving him behind. I think he kinda deserved to die. Sorry to all the roy fans......:D If we could measure it in terms of luck:

1. Max is the luckiest - never dies. Not even basara is better than him

2. Basara - doesn't need to shoot his targets and goes into battle fighting PD. These are monsters that even reaction weapons are useless against FFS. Exedol crapped his pants. But unlike max he takes damage from milia's rival. (unlike roy he isn't leading a team or anything) So it is possible he lacks experience against more elite alien pilots to have allowed that to happen.

3. Dyson third luckiest - took on the whole sdf1 all by himself. Yang tells him the odds of survival and he goes in recklessly against the odds. Unlike max and basara though it is possible the AI was going easy on him and didn't really want to kill him because it reasoned that all Dyson wanted was a challenge. Maybe the AI was merely providing that challenge as a game for him to play and had not intended to actually attack him fully. After all the AI "loved" him.

4. Guld. He is zentradi so he has to die. Kinda like how in a horror movie the black guy is usually always first to go. just kidding. :D But yeah he is the bad guy of the two because of the advantages he has with better technology. (sort of like rocky V when rocky had to fight Drago in his country, with Guld being drago because of the advantages he has :D)

5. Roy. Didn't die heroically the way guld did where he rammed his plane to take out the ghost which saved lives. Both in the movie and in the tv series, allowed himself to be taken by surprise. (remember one of the skills is spatial awareness which is probably what makes max so good - like a spiderman "spider sense")Also: Maybe he WAS drunk in the tv series based on his actions in macross zero where he drinks and has no problem with that, we'll never know eh? Just because we didn't see it happen onscreen doesn't mean he couldn't have sneaked a few in before that fight against the qrau grunts..

421084[/snapback]

I'll agree with this for the most part. Though take into account that Max has indeed been hit. Don't forget that he lost his VF-1A in Britai's ship after taking on too much damage in hallway fire. While true his manuverability options werel imited, the same could be said for Basara while caught inbetween the massive numbers of Chloe's fleet.

Both however survived, and returned to show up their attacker's again.

I'm pretty sure it was early on in the series where max comments about basara. I think it goes something like: "He is on my level, but not quite as good as me when I was in my prime" (assuming he has lost some skill in his older age?)

While true his manuverability options werel imited, the same could be said for Basara while caught inbetween the massive numbers of Chloe's fleet.

But basara had a clear shot of the Yellow Qrau and missed. (meaning he underestimated the pilot) Then after missing he got hit by that same Qrau in the back and front and all over the place. (not just a scratch) True he didn't die, just like max didn't die in the zentradi ship but I think max being sucked out into space (he wasn't retreating) was less humiliating than basara being hit and having to go in for repairs.

Whereas when max engages milia it is the other way around: milia is pissed because she can't touch max (after underestimating humans and gloating to kamjin that he is so incompetant that humans outsmart him).

My impression is this: Milia underestimated the skill of the pilot in the blue valk the same way Basara underestimated the skill of the pilot in the yellow Qrau. Basara might wear glasses but he is not as sharp in the mind as max imo.