New 1:1 Dyrl Helmet

hirohawa

Be nice to see one made up at life size. I have an old Mcyle crashelmet that I have always thought ( even when it was new 15 years ago) looks similar in proportions to the Valk pilot helmet just without the twidlybits and cooler peaked visor. I would mod it in an instant but Im not sure my skills are up to it plus not having accurate art work to go from is a bit of a pain.

If anyone ever bothers to make one please( it goes without saying) post on MW

Edited by big F

The Yamato one was too small as well right?

411421[/snapback]

No, the Yamato one was HUGE, and had no padding in it etc. You basically paid 1500 bucks for a painted plastic dome.

411425[/snapback]

yeah it is a bit big. but there is some meager padding. its foam inside. but nothing professionally designed. its pieced of foam stuck on the inside.

You build us more than a half decent 1/1 scale of one and i'll certainly get one.

Wanna have mine sitting on my coffee table. :p Damn that would be awesome.

411712[/snapback]

Exactly, just like Hikaru, I want Roy's TV scheme helmet sitting on a coffee table. That would be awesome.

You build us more than a half decent 1/1 scale of one and i'll certainly get one.

Wanna have mine sitting on my coffee table. :p Damn that would be awesome.

411712[/snapback]

Exactly, just like Hikaru, I want Roy's TV scheme helmet sitting on a coffee table. That would be awesome.

411716[/snapback]

Yup, you got it mate. Nothing more nothing less. :p

I want it full 1/1 scale though, or it would look just stupid.

In fact don't even bother with the paint job,

we'll get Devin to do up big ass decals so we can swap and change from Hik to Roy to Max etc etc. :ph34r:

Dev??? sound cool?

GeneralMayhem, please make it happen, this helmet is important to make me feel.... whole... *sniff*

like me macross bar light! (still needs to mod it to make it work) ;)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

When I make them, they may be a bit pricey, but not $1000.

411709[/snapback]

Welcome aboard Macross World General Mayhem. I've been keeping an eye on the rpf thread to see where things are going, it's nice to see some interforum collaboration going on! :)

If you check out page 2 of the thread there are two other guys in the process of sculpting helmets there too. If they come up with a solid sculpt I will be very excited. I was checking out used motorcycle helmets at the local swap meet this past weekend in anticipation, looking for padding I could cannibalize :)

ooo... yah... looks interesting.... i built an Optimus Prime helmet for my costume last year outta cardboard.... maybe i should do a cardboard version of a Macross helmet!!! haha

412435[/snapback]

He transforms from cardboard box and into a robot and back cool :p

I would prefer the DYRL helmet to the TV series, and I really like the M+ helmet. I'm not going to get one, since there's other things higher up on my priority list, but it's going to be awesome to see some custom made helmets even if I don't buy one! :D

would it be silly to paint my motorcycle helmet to resemble that?

what if i rode around that way?

412601[/snapback]

Yes... it would be silly... just ask Solscud007

av-167.jpg

412614[/snapback]

Ha ha ha ... too cool!!

:p

412674[/snapback]

That's funny, I was just thinking about painting my moto helmet to resemble a Valk pilot helmet. It'd almost look the part if I did, dontcha think...

IMG_0525.jpg

That's funny, I was just thinking about painting my moto helmet to resemble a Valk pilot helmet. It'd almost look the part if I did, dontcha think...

IMG_0525.jpg

412837[/snapback]

Yeah you`d get away with that one IMO

412837[/snapback]

is that an enduro helmet? That helmet looks like a good starting point. Just a few mods and you can make it look pretty good.