New 1:1 Dyrl Helmet

hirohawa

There are two different visors.  The space helmet had a full faceplate.  The air combat helmet only had a visor that covered the eyes, which was rarely seen except for the opening of the show.

427088[/snapback]

I agree that there's a huge difference between the look of the visor, but I always thought that it was anime magic that it became so huge in the space episodes, so they can show the pilot's expressions and mouth movements. Especially since they show connectors on the helmets when the chin guard isnt there... that's one thing I liked about the designs in Macross, everything was thought off so well.

yeah i meant to say the opening credits type visor. I got confused there. :ph34r:

man i can't wait!!!

The visor is of interest to me, any news on how you will incorporate it GM?

Will it slide down somehow? That would be filth! :p

Hikaru never used it that much.

426899[/snapback]

the visor (in the TV series) was used in space along with the chin guard with the collars tucked in (air tight). In atmosphere, the visor was up and the chin guard is off and you see the big ass collars untucked. So he used the visor a lot if you think about it.

427078[/snapback]

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The visor will slide up into the helmet on the deluxe version.  I plan to use military surplus visors, like you see on stock APH helmets.

426988[/snapback]

Thanks GM! Deluxe will be the way i will go for sure. Will there be a way we can

engage/disengage the chin guard and slot in the deep-space visor perhaps?

That would be great if the one mold/helm could do that!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 3 weeks later...

Righto, so are you still considering the option of attaching the chin guard and so?

I am not interested in buying 2 separate helms unfortunately. But if there is a way we can buy the attachment at a later date then cool! :D

When you get the time GM i'd love to see some more progress pics. My paypal trigger is itching to send the pre-order. But need to see some more pics. :p

You guys... I cant wait to see how many of you all are gonna be Hikaru or Roy. :lol: Anyways, I think just having the helmet will be a big relief since Halloween is around the corner. All you need is the suit and prolly a shower minmay. :lol:

As for wearing a helmet for outdoor vehicular activity, dont be moronic. Be smart and play it safe. We need you all to spread the fanbase of Macross, not decrease it... <_<

Edited by Godzilla

So is it me or is this thread mis-titled? It's going to be a TV version helmet.

Man I swear, I cant trust that hirohawa as far as I can throw him. Those japanese... so tricky...

It's this abuse of Mod Power and brave internet muscle that got MW shut down for almost two weeks.

Be carfeful "Exo", you cannot hide behind a keyboard forever :D

Edited by hirohawa

• 2 weeks later...

I had to redo a mold for a star wars Royal Guard helmet, so I haven't been able to get it finished yet. Plus, we just did our first costume piece for a movie, so things have been very hectic over here. Don't worry, when you see the final piece, you're gonna be blown away!

~ GM

*gleeeeee!* :D mate i got a feeling this is going to live up to the expectations. :);)B))

Take your time GM, make it perfect. I can wait for next year to get my christmas prezzie if need be! :p

Dear GM (santa), please make it possible for the chin guard and a space visor to attach to your first release of the TV helm at a later date, if you decide it's possible to make way for it in a future project. :D

Yours sincerely,

ruskiiVFaussie

:lol:

*you can't believe how excited i am of this project! I was almost gonna buy this sweet as resin painted up model, but nuh, saving money. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...