I Just Joined The 1/48 Club!

Screech

Hi guys, I'd like to introduce myself, I'm from Mexico and I have just gotten a 1/48 Roy after reading a lot about Yamatos over here (lurker!) because of some lucky shot.

I'd like to thank Graham for the transformation videos, they made the first transformation a lot easier, and thanks everybody for the heads up on BP-8!

Needless to say, I'm hooked and looking for ways to expand my collection, specially with 1/48 (easier said than done as I'm married and just bought a house, no kids yet though) :blink:

Thanks for all the help you gave me (even without knowing) just by sharing your experiences and opinions here.

I'm seeking some advice on purchasing more goods during a trip I'll make to Rochester, Minnesota. here's the link and please drop a line if you can!

Where to buy Macross stuff while in Rochester

Later!!

Once you start it is hard to stop. The only thing stopping me for now is that I need to set aside some money for the garland, the MP SS, and VF0A. (plus whatever extra they will bring out like ghost boster and reactive armor)

When they finally get to bringing out a proper macross plus line it will be crazy. (hopefully by then boxes will be more tiny)

Once you start it is hard to stop. The only thing stopping me for now is that I need to set aside some money for the garland, the MP SS, and VF0A. (plus whatever extra they will bring out like ghost boster and reactive armor)

When they finally get to bringing out a proper macross plus line it will be crazy. (hopefully by then boxes will be more tiny)

403555[/snapback]

Yes, welcome to the wonderful, EXPENSIVE AS HELL, world of collecting Yamato valks ...

:p:p:p

Welcome aboard. I too have a wife. But I also have a kid. Which makes it fun 'cuz I can buy him cool old-school used macross/robotech toys offa' ebay assuming I have money at any given time. (When you have kids you'll wanna' buy'em macross crap too, believe me.) And yeah... yamato 1/48's are so addictive. I can't explain why. I'm almost 27 years old, and I swear every other day I have the thought run through my head ----> "Damn! I want another one!"

Either way, your first one is cool, but for some reason, getting new ones never gets old. I guess it must be like pimping.

Thanks all for a warm welcome! :D

And thanks to those who have offered help via PM.

Hopefuly I'll be able to sneak some steady money for this. :ph34r:

At least until the kids come. (Then I'll use them as a pretext to buy some more, for the kids, you know?... Yeah right!) :D

Edited by Screech

Thanks all for a warm welcome!  :D

Hopefuly I'll be able to sneak some steady money for this.  :ph34r:

At least until the kids come. (Then I'll use them as a pretext to buy some more, for the kids, you know?...  Yeah right!)  :D

404242[/snapback]

Hahahah! Yeah, I tell the wife it's good for me to have nice yamato toys for my kid to look at and never touch or I'll kill him, because it's teaching him to appreciate the imaginative side of life. From a safe distance.

Just be aware that you WILL need at least three, so that if nothing else you can display one 'naked', one with teh GBP armor, and one with FAST Pack Super armor... maybe four if youw ant a DYRL Strike Armor AND a TV Super armor... not to mention displaying all three modes. Yes, the 1/48 line rocks hard.

Thanks all for a warm welcome!   :D

Hopefuly I'll be able to sneak some steady money for this.  :ph34r:

At least until the kids come. (Then I'll use them as a pretext to buy some more, for the kids, you know?...  Yeah right!)  :D

404242[/snapback]

Hahahah! Yeah, I tell the wife it's good for me to have nice yamato toys for my kid to look at and never touch or I'll kill him, because it's teaching him to appreciate the imaginative side of life. From a safe distance.

404323[/snapback]

ha ha ha ha ... too funny mate!

:lol::lol::lol:

Just be aware that you WILL need at least three, so that if nothing else you can display one 'naked', one with teh GBP armor, and one with FAST Pack Super armor... maybe four if youw ant a DYRL Strike Armor AND a TV Super armor... not to mention displaying all three modes.  Yes, the 1/48 line rocks hard.

404326[/snapback]

And of course, you need to display each "type/style" in ALL three modes: battroid, fighter, and gerwalk!!! LOL!!! Well, except for the GBP armour!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Welcome to the boards The Raven, just FYI, they don't allow images in signatures here.

If I could venture a guess on Vermillion's behalf, his avatar looks like a modded Gakken 1/8 Stig Ride Armor (toy). This thread will have a link to it and many other cool Genesis Climber customs:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...461&hl=mospeada

Hey vermillion, just wondering...

what model of the cyclone is that?

is it a toy or a kit?

thanks in advance

404934[/snapback]

It is definitely a kit - not sure which one though. A few years ago, I found a cool Japanese website showing completed Mospeada cyclone models and saved a few of the images on my computer. Decided it would make a cool looking avatar. Thanks for noticing!

:)

ok thanks!

sorry about the sig

405154[/snapback]

Thanks - am awaiting anxiously for a Max VF-1A reissue!!

:huh:

405274[/snapback]

I wish they'd just reissue everything all at once and then keep doing it forever. :)

ok thanks!

sorry about the sig

405154[/snapback]

Thanks - am awaiting anxiously for a Max VF-1A reissue!!

:huh:

405274[/snapback]

I wish they'd just reissue everything all at once and then keep doing it forever. :)

405416[/snapback]

If they did that, then the die hard collectors would be peeved!

Could you imagine if the original Low Viz was no longer "unlimited"?

:lol:

Who cares about "diehard" collectors?! These are toys, dammit!  They should be made available for all (at a reasonable price)!    B))

Valkyries for the people!  :D

405762[/snapback]

*high five*

When I first got into them I was disapointed at having missed out on Roy Focker vf1S. There was all this excuse that if they re-release a roy the diehard collector would no longer have incentive to collect valks anymore because it sort of devalues the toy for them and they would no longer want multiples so it should stop and never reissue anything ever again.

Seems ok to me so far.. :D(people still demanding more vf1)

But I do admit that had I not been able to get a valk I wanted I would have settled for one I didn't want (ie something like buying a CF in abscence of vf1s, so maybe it works out that because everyone has different things, it makes them more valuable and people would be prepared to pay higher overall price for each one regardless of how unpopular it is but more because of collector "rareness" and that overall that it is a pain in the ass to find)

But the ironic thing is I ended up with a low vis (these were still not that hard to get at the time) in abscence of the VF1s (sold out but now common). :D

Who cares about "diehard" collectors?! These are toys, dammit!  They should be made available for all (at a reasonable price)!    B))

Valkyries for the people!   :D

405762[/snapback]

*high five*

405809[/snapback]

*high five* as well ...

When the low vis first came out, I was still deciding whether or not I wanted take the plunge into this hobby (shocking I know :p ) and whether I wanted the 1/48, a chunky monkey or an MPC Veritech (yes, those were unelightened times :ph34r: ) Now that I'm collecting the 1/48's, it's too late to get a Low vis for a decent price. :(

Ah well. Maybe in years to come even the more common stuff might go up in value and there might be a huge drought in macross toys.

That is when the collector's will be pissing themselves for quiting. Graham's son will be doing all the macross toy reviews, yamato will go out of business, and the price of a 1/48 will go to $1000 each.

Ah well. Maybe in years to come even the more common stuff might go up in value and there might be a huge drought in macross toys.

That is when the collector's will be pissing themselves for quiting. Graham's son will be doing all the macross toy reviews, yamato will go out of business, and the price of a 1/48 will go to $1000 each.

406066[/snapback]

And I will be weeping pitifully.

When the low vis first came out, I was still deciding whether or not I wanted take the plunge into this hobby (shocking I know  :p ) and whether I wanted the 1/48, a chunky monkey or an MPC Veritech (yes, those were unelightened times  :ph34r: ) Now that I'm collecting the 1/48's, it's too late to get a Low vis for a decent price.  :(

406049[/snapback]

The VF-1J Max is the same as the Low Vis. At least the Low Vis shows up on E Bay yes at a high price but it is there.

I hate that I missed the TV releases but thankfully was able to get two of the three.... just not Max.