Warning :1/60 Vf-0s

Hayao Kakizaki

I get 3 box VF-0S last night, all 3 have problem

1. left leg's magnet which used to attach fp was missing,little spike on the tail fin broken in box,

a 2mm gap in the right foot

2. left leg's magnet installing up side down, Repel with the fp

3. loose joint on right arm, some parts always fall off, and the gunpod handle very loose

plus the two right side arms's one which post by japanese ,

state that this product have a serious QC problem

OOo sounds like the worst case so far, Hayao, were you able to take it apart and fix it?

395250[/snapback]

this time is too hard to fix,

the lower leg have been glue up by factory, i don't want open it in this case,

so I do operation on the fp, but the fp's magnet also glued... so I use a screw driver to

broke it out, then fit it in , thanks god ,no harm in outlook....

but the other one have been returned, took back money

Edited by Hayao Kakizaki

Maybe 4 new releases in 2 months.

395271[/snapback]

yah...THAT in itself is really stupid. not everybody has money for this...so now ppl will have to pick and choose which ones to buy...and that'll reflect negatively on sales. I mean these are $140+ products each...which by no means is a small amount of money unless you make $10k a month or have no life and eat instant noodles all day long...

I just don't understand how companies can be that retarded.

Sorry to hear that hayao.

My two pieces doesnt have any of the problems mentioned, no 2 right shoulders, joints fairly tight, fps magnets works okie, no broken parts. Guess im lucky.

What i like abt are the translucent red clear pieces that represent optic lenses. Downside is hands arent retractable as that of the VF-1. But silohuette and its sleekness makes it a beautiful piece to display in all 3 modes. Hope that yamato does do the ghost unit for it, and maybe a VF-0A or D variant

Cheers

Maybe 4 new releases in 2 months.

395271[/snapback]

yah...THAT in itself is really stupid. not everybody has money for this...so now ppl will have to pick and choose which ones to buy...and that'll reflect negatively on sales. I mean these are $140+ products each...which by no means is a small amount of money unless you make $10k a month or have no life and eat instant noodles all day long...

I just don't understand how companies can be that retarded.

395273[/snapback]

I agree.

IIRC yamato usually reacts negatively to poor sales when for the most part the problem was with some poor decision making on their part. I guess if the ugly stealth and camo don't do well, we'll have another fit from yamato and the silent treatment.

Thx for the info. This is why I never preorder, pays to be a bit patient.

I still have held onto my money for a VF0S because I definately still want it. (and a future A and possible D) I will wait for impressions from all you guys first though, since shipping costs is my main beef.

Some pics of the things to look out for would be nice. There are some people who are just going to buy stuff and may not even inspect or open up the box.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Hayao, sorry to hear about the bad batch. I just got mine the other day, and while the leg magnets were fine, I had the loose right shoulder as well.

In fact the poly cap thingy came off in my hand as I was transforming it for the first time. The good news is, if anyone gets a problem like mine, don't panic, it's a pretty easy fix. Just one screw to take the shoulder armor off, then two more on the joint, replace the polycap-like rubbery thing and good as new... well, actually better than new in this case.

Hayao, are your Valks coming directly from Japan supplier?

I am just hoping that some of these defects are bootlegged Valks that have yet gone through QC and sleaked out to HK for sale...is that possible??

but I must to say, eliminate the QC problem,

this VF-0 is the best product of yamato since YF-19~!

best production design~best shape~! so many improvement from the 1/48 VF-1,

once I get back the camera, I 'll take some photo and wrote a simple review.

395431[/snapback]

What kind of improvements????

but I must to say, eliminate the QC problem,

this VF-0 is the best product of yamato since YF-19~!

best production design~best shape~! so many improvement from the 1/48 VF-1,

once I get back the camera, I 'll take some photo and wrote a simple review.

395431[/snapback]

What kind of improvements????

395451[/snapback]

no photo, hard to tell you~

some of it is the transform more easy than VF-1,

most of the marking have been pre-print on the body, you can just apply the U.N. arrow sign on it to basically complete the decal.

magnetic attachment of the FP,

more detail sculpt then the VF-1,

also pre-coloring of the missile ~

and more~!

And don't forget little details like posable head lasers, rotating seat, (although it is hard to apreciate in battroid mode) improved knees and the feet thrusters. In fighter mode they look more fake on the vf1. (ie when you transform to battroid mode they kinda split in half.)

Can someone get a pic of the gunpod attached while in fighter mode so I can see how much clearance there is from the ground?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Downside is hands arent retractable as that of the VF-1. But silohuette and its sleekness makes it a beautiful piece to display in all 3 modes. Hope that yamato does do the ghost unit for it, and maybe a VF-0A or D variant

395285[/snapback]

It's not fair to call that a downside. In the anime, the hands do not retract, so the toy is 100% accuracte to the anime in this regard.

Graham

It's not fair to call that a downside. In the anime, the hands do not retract, so the toy is 100% accuracte to the anime in this regard.

Graham

395689[/snapback]

yes~! I open the book and compare with the Tenjin's artwork and the original mecha design,

most of detail is accuracte, even the proportion,

but I not satisfy enough is this time not perfect transfrom... the antenna under the fighter head need to detach during transfrom,

maybe we can rotate it to instead detach, but this is very danger that easy to broke the antenna :(