New Super Stealth Pic's

DyNo

Well after missing all the preorders for the stealth, on vacation here in Hawaii I found one today :D . There shipment had just come in..

Looks much better then is does in the pictures......... But damn Yamato!!!! Lets make the box a little smaller next time....... Now I have to carry this big ass box on the airplane with me  :p

post-2356-1148035345_thumb.jpg

400556[/snapback]

Wow only took 4 days with ground shipping from Hawaii to Maryland......

Home sweet home :D

402983[/snapback]

DyNo - Cool pic. Can you show the rest of your shelf? Just curious about the collection .... (and jealous!)

<_<

403092[/snapback]

That is a spiffy display you got set up there Dyno. Hard to imagine that VF-0S is just towering over everything. I'm guessing that's not a 1/48 Hikaru in front of him. Super Poseable? Must see pics...

Edited by Veritas

Well after missing all the preorders for the stealth, on vacation here in Hawaii I found one today :D . There shipment had just come in..

Looks much better then is does in the pictures......... But damn Yamato!!!! Lets make the box a little smaller next time....... Now I have to carry this big ass box on the airplane with me  :p

post-2356-1148035345_thumb.jpg

400556[/snapback]

Wow only took 4 days with ground shipping from Hawaii to Maryland......

post-2356-1148796094_thumb.jpg

Home sweet home :D

402983[/snapback]

DyNo - Cool pic. Can you show the rest of your shelf? Just curious about the collection .... (and jealous!)

<_<

403092[/snapback]

Here you go!

post-2356-1148845432_thumb.jpg

The legs aren't supposed to be glued into place, but I've never seen them loose enough to just fall out on their own. That's kinda scary since there's a lot of paint on the Stealth legs which could chip or scratch if it hit something hard enough. Sorry to hear about all the problems you're having with yours, roboto.

hey dyno, can i ask where did you get the display case and how much did you pay for it?  i really like it and i want my display case big and tall. kyasu

403131[/snapback]

They are from Ikea. These are the Ingo cabinets. I think they run about 90$ each....should be listed on there webpage.

What I did was..........I took two cabinets, added a center strip, screw them together and added some base around the bottom to hide the peg legs.

very well done and affordable. when i have all of my toys put together (not all macross), i will need something that size to display them. two thumbs up dyno and i am happy you have your super stealth now. you must be lovin it, huh? i think it's gonna be one of the classics in the near future if they dont over release it. kyatsu :)

hey dyno, can i ask where did you get the display case and how much did you pay for it?  i really like it and i want my display case big and tall. kyasu

403131[/snapback]

They are from Ikea. These are the Ingo cabinets. I think they run about 90$ each....should be listed on there webpage.

What I did was..........I took two cabinets, added a center strip, screw them together and added some base around the bottom to hide the peg legs.

403138[/snapback]

That's a nifty idea. If i could only get Ikea cabinets here easily i'd be all over those. <_<

there's no ikea in hawaii? so, what kind of furniture stores are there? kyasu  :blink:  :ph34r:  :o

403143[/snapback]

Nope no Ikeas here mate. I think they'd do well to plant one here, but it looks like they haven't caught on. I think other than Ikea the only other thing we're missing that's common in most parts of the mainland are Targets. :(

As for the selection of furniture stores we have we've got Ashley furniture outlets, Large all in one furniture stores called Homeworlds, and numerous Scandanavian furniture stores in the vein of Ikea but usually priced two to three times more than them. :angry:

Edited by Veritas

i wonder if ikea will ship it to hawaii? have you tried it? i do understand where you are coming from, dude. dyno did one hell of a job on his display case. hope things will work out. if you need some help in getting it, let me know. i may stop by ikea some time this week to check it out in person. kyatsu :)

Nope no Ikeas here mate.

i wonder if ikea will ship it to hawaii? have you tried it? i do understand where you are coming from, dude. dyno did one hell of a job on his display case. hope things will work out. if you need some help in getting it, let me know. i may stop by ikea some time this week to check it out in person. kyatsu :)

403232[/snapback]

Kyatsu, no they don't ship out of the cont. U.S. for whatever reason. There's some freight forwarding companies that i work with that i can pay to have Ikea deliver the stuff to their designated locations and take care of the rest in shipping it from the West Coast to Hawaii, but i don't want to go down that route just yet. I really apperciate the offer though. Maybe Ikea will take the plunge into the Hawaii market before long. Here's hoping i have enough room for the cases when they do. :D

Edited by Veritas

i have to wait and see what the job situation is gonna be in a few weeks. if i have to move, then i will hold off buying the display case until i move to a new place. man, after seeing that display case, i am very eager to get it asap. good luck with the display case and if you need help, e-mail me. kyatsu

[

On page 11, I complained about several qc problems that I encountered with my Super Stealth VF-1J. Anyway, I've been depressed about this ever since I bought this Yamato product three weeks ago from a local toyshop. Although the manager had let me exchange several other purchases in the past, this time he wouldn't let me saying that the qc problems with my Stealth VF-1J are common.

I told a recent toy-collector acquaintance about my situation, and he suggested that I just contact the Taiwanese importer of Yamato products. My friend's rationale was that if you buy a toaster and it doesn't work, you should be able to take it back to the store and exchange it or get a refund. Well, my Stealth Valkyrie isn't exactly a toaster, but it sure costs a lot.

Anyway, the box for the Super Stealth Valk's had a sticker of the local distributer company with its customer after-sales telephone number. I contacted the company and got a hold of a representative, a Mr. Wang. At first, I told him that I bought two Yamato products, the VF-0S and Super Stealth VF-1J, but had problems with one of them. Much to my initial disappointed, Mr. Wang explained to me that the company was out of stock for this product. Instead, he offered a Yamato 1/12 Red Shoulder Scopedog with an extra Roundmover in exchange. I accepted his offer, but told him that I wish I could get the same item - the Stealth Valk. "What... Stealth Valk? I thought you said you wanted to exchange the 'Zero'," he said.

AnywayIt turns out that the company had an extra Stealth VF-1J and offered to exchange it for my defective one, that is, if I only wanted to keep the Super/Strike parts because they ran out of the Super Stealth VF-1J.

Yesterday, I went to the company to pick up my Stealth Valk. Other than the usual minor paint imperfections, my new Stealth Valk is close to perfect. There are no problems with the wing flaps, legs, or nose cone.

Now, my Stealth Valk is proudly displayed with the rest of my other Valks in my display cabinet. :p

post-3450-1149212682_thumb.jpg

Edited by roboto

Exelent roboto, CONGRATULATIONS,!!! I received my stealth yesterday AND IS CLOSE TO PERFECTION too, wing flaps in exelent shape, nose cone, articulations, and paint almost perfect , I m waitting my new wood land low vis, and I hope it will be as well as my stealth..........Anyway congrats again my :D:lol::rolleyes: valkrie brother!!!!!!!!

On page 11, I complained about several qc problems that I encountered with my Super Stealth VF-1J. Anyway, I've been depressed about this ever since I bought this Yamato product three weeks ago from a local toyshop. Although the manager had let me exchange several other purchases in the past, this time he wouldn't let me saying that the qc problems with my Stealth VF-1J are common.

I told a recent toy-collector acquaintance about my situation, and he suggested that I just contact the Taiwanese importer of Yamato products. My friend's rationale was that if you buy a toaster and it doesn't work, you should be able to take it back to the store and exchange it or get a refund. Well, my Stealth Valkyrie isn't exactly a toaster, but it sure costs a lot.

Anyway, the box for the Super Stealth Valk's had a sticker of the local distributer company with its customer after-sales telephone number.  I contacted the company and got a hold of a representative, a Mr. Wang. At first, I told him that I bought two Yamato products, the VF-0S and Super Stealth VF-1J, but had problems with one of them. Much to my initial disappointed, Mr. Wang explained to me that the company was out of stock for this product. Instead, he offered a Yamato 1/12 Red Shoulder Scopedog with an extra Roundmover in exchange. I accepted his offer, but told him that I wish I could get the same item - the Stealth Valk. "What... Stealth Valk? I thought you said you wanted to exchange the 'Zero'," he said.

AnywayIt turns out that the company had an extra Stealth VF-1J and offered to exchange it for my defective one, that is, if I only wanted to keep the Super/Strike parts because they ran out of the Super Stealth VF-1J.

Yesterday, I went to the company to pick up my Stealth Valk. Other than the usual minor paint imperfections, my new Stealth Valk is close to perfect. There are no problems with the wing flaps, legs, or nose cone.

Now, my Stealth Valk is proudly displayed with the rest of my other Valks in my display cabinet.      :p

404707[/snapback]

Great story and I am impressed at the customer service you got, good for you mate!!!

:)

Thanks everyone! Now I'm happy with my Super Stealth VF-1J.

BTW, I forgot to mention that Mr. Wang also gave me a Roundmover Pack for free (Yup, that's right - "free!") saying that it was for all my troubles.

Actually, I don't know what to do with my free Roundmover Pack. I sold my 1/12 Scopedog a month ago. Well, I can always get another one. :huh: Hmm, change that idea. I'll just try to sell the Roundmover Pack to buy more Valks. :p

Edited by roboto

One thing I am curious about is the "point" of a stealth colors paint job

for a Valkyrie, IIRC they have the Overtech feature called "Active Stealth".

The only theory I can offer that makes any sense is that the scheme is strictly

for visual stealth in space/night. The black/basalt/gray color pattern would

be pretty effective especially for approach through a starfield. With the above

theory in consideration I would think the stealth color scheme would be used

primarily for "Fist Of The Fleet" assignments.

Just my take.

:ph34r:

I'd like to get the super version I think.

How is Yamato working this release, is there another batch due to come out or was that it already?

405517[/snapback]

Since it wasn't labeled as "limited edition" like the Low Viz, I would imagine that the super stealth would get reissued.

I'd like to get the super version I think.

How is Yamato working this release, is there another batch due to come out or was that it already?

405517[/snapback]

Since it wasn't labeled as "limited edition" like the Low Viz, I would imagine that the super stealth would get reissued.

405721[/snapback]

"LIMITED VERSION" :angry:

it is? i hope not, but then again yamato hasnt released the VF-1J max and miria, right? and those werent limited edition. also, yamato hasnt released VF-1A max too. kyatsu

"LIMITED VERSION" :angry:

405744[/snapback]

"LIMITED VERSION" 

C'mon, that's being a bit of a stickler isn't it? I kinda hate calling it "limited version" because then it's an LV instead of an LE. What do you have then. An LV LV. Do we just call it the LV squared? Is the LV an LE? No, the LV is an LV? Who's on first? That's what I'm trying to tell you!

Does that mean QC wise, there are differences between Super Stealth and non-Super Stealth? I ordered both but I am still waiting for the non-Super to arrive. Has anyone got the non-super and find those Stealth problems (floppy wing flap, tight nose cone, dented canopy)

404707[/snapback]

"LIMITED VERSION" 

C'mon, that's being a bit of a stickler isn't it? I kinda hate calling it "limited version" because then it's an LV instead of an LE. What do you have then. An LV LV. Do we just call it the LV squared? Is the LV an LE? No, the LV is an LV? Who's on first? That's what I'm trying to tell you!

405748[/snapback]

Limited version, limited edition .... tomato, toma-to I say.

And it's Who's on first .....

:p

I don't think the stealth and woodland VF is a LIMITED VERSION VALK,

it was because the old LOWVIZ have many point that different to normal valks,

such as the pre-panel lining ,flat top coating and come with special LOWVIZ sticker sheet,that three point are the two new valks haven't come with, and beside, we can't see any" limited version" wrote on the box, even on the official web page, so we just can call that :SPECIAL EDITION

Edited by Hayao Kakizaki

Yeah I like to think the idea was the low vis (is it safe to call this a true limited edition?) inspired a line of alternate color schemes to bring something fresh to the line of vf1 but they are more like what the original cannon fodder was as a 'limited release' aimed only at those who demanded it or wanted something new. (assuming the scheme would be unpopular or not in great demand due to not being recognisable in the show)

But like years from now it may one day be something "rare" or highly sort after by those who are completist collectors. A bit different to the LowVisibility Limited Edition which started out that way with the promise that these would be rare in keeping with the Limited edtion label.

True LE = no reissue

Limited release = chance of a reissue if there is demand for more (ie CF) and if enough people want to see it released. (but once demand is filled there is less likely chance of seeing them over a popular release which moves quickly)

After the demand for more LV, (when it started becoming hard to find) and the promise that it was limited edition, there was probably pressure to release more LV (cash in on non-canon paintscheme) but this time with the freedom that they could milk it if it does well or is in high demand. (ie reissue like with roy)

But it was probably to test: "are people buying them because they like the scheme or because it is hard to find?" "Who are the completists vs who are the fans of that particular scheme?" (and on top of that "who are those who are both? Fans of the scheme as well as collectors?")

Because I notice that when something is hard to find, people might just want it just because they don't have it. It's the whole "If you don't grab it now, it will go away, so you better hurry up" thing.

The minute we do see a reissue of the original low vis (called version 1) we can throw out the whole "If it is not written on the box then it is not limited edition" rule. Because I think one of the reasons people will rush to buy a limited edition is to kind of cash in on the rareness of the original. (they see what LV goes for online and hope to cash in later) They might try to hoard them all and start charging an arm and leg just because they know "oh so it has LE which garuantees a certain number were made". :D

If they had made camo and stealth a true "limited edition" and it was written on the box, this would garauntee quick sales, but lock them out of any future chance to reissue. Tough choice to make.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker