Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

My money's on the next 6 female figs or so being nothing more than "Idolmaster". I don't even know what that is, but I've grown to dislike it, since it seems to be incredibly popular and on EVERYTHING from Japan now, crowding out cool/normal stuff. Even airplanes...

hmm, so they are lines based off real life idols or just made up? Don't look so bad, only if they didn't saturate their line with them... could be worse, could be a Bratz revoltech line or somehting. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

wikipedia about idolmaster:

The Idolm@ster (アイドルマスター, Aidorumasutā?, officially romanized as THE IDOLM@STER) is an arcade game released only in Japan by Namco (now Namco Bandai) on 2005-07-26. It was released on the Xbox 360 on January 25, 2007. The game follows the career of a producer who works for the fictional 765 Production studio and has to work with a selection of nine prospective pop idols (one of them is a pair of identical twins).

It's also a 2007 anime series loosely related to the game, and in the anime the idols all pilot mechs. Either way, I'm not that interested in it so I hope it doesn't steal too much of the Fraulein spotlight.

wikipedia about idolmaster:

The Idolm@ster (アイドルマスター, Aidorumasutā?, officially romanized as THE IDOLM@STER) is an arcade game released only in Japan by Namco (now Namco Bandai) on 2005-07-26. It was released on the Xbox 360 on January 25, 2007. The game follows the career of a producer who works for the fictional 765 Production studio and has to work with a selection of nine prospective pop idols (one of them is a pair of identical twins).

Check the game videos on youtube. Girls in video games have never been so cute. :D

finally got the Rei figure and have to say what great figure she is . Glad its not as short as the other and it poses well.

Got the Brocken also and they're just so cool.

Saw an interesting blurb from IGN

Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/845/845823p1.html

There's a deeper story to the character mixing and matching. Daletto has partnered with Kaiyodo, the toy maker response for the Revoltech brand of toys that feature swappable body parts. The characters in Street Fighter Online are meant to be Revoltech models fighting in a digital world. In the real world, Kaiyodo plans on releasing a Revoltech toy line based on the Street Fighter Online characters.

Revoltech street fighters? Great idea! First time I've heard of it though...

Hot damn! AWESOME! next will be KOF. Imagine Chunners, or Mai! Just look at Revy Revoltech and imagine what they'll be like... sigh. :D

Ken Revoltech!!!!!!! And they better be able to do Haduken poses. The figures i have (SOTA gen 1 and 2 Ken) neither can do a proper haduken hands out or charging pose. I will be grabbing all the main characters without a doubt. Bison better be buffed.

Imagine a Dhalsim Revy. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Saw an interesting blurb from IGN

Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/845/845823p1.html

Revoltech street fighters? Great idea! First time I've heard of it though...

Just unveiled.

http://bakaneko.way-nifty.com/revoltech/

sfoall4sb3.jpg

allstandpe6.jpg

Kaiyodo are really expanding the line in a big way. Yamaguchi, 2G, Fraulein, Fist of the North, Assemble Borg and now Street Fighter.

Edited by IXTL

revoltech is the best thing to happen to the toy collector on a budget. :) It would be awesome if they expanded into movie lines. I'd kill for a SW revoltech line. Considering they are doing transformers, a hasbro owned property, I don't find the idea of SW revoltech to insane :)

Edited by GobotFool

revoltech is the best thing to happen to the toy collector on a budget. :) It would be awesome if they expanded into movie lines. I'd kill for a SW revoltech line. Considering they are doing transformers, a hasbro owned property, I don't find the idea of SW revoltech to insane :)

Even though Star Wars seems almost done to death, I agree with you. Really the only small articulated plastic figures there have ever been for SW has been Kenner/Hasbro. About the only thing that could get me to buy another Luke,Leia, Han, Chewie, Vader and Stormtrooper would be if they were done Revy style.

As for the SF Revies, those look fantastic! I'll be getting Ryu and Chun Li (hasn't she always had thunder thighs?) for sure. Not sure sure about the other two since I don't really identify them with the franchise yet, being new characters and all. They look cool though. I've got my fingers crossed for a Sakura. :)

All my wants and wishes seem to be coming true lately.

First the new 1/60 VF-1 and now Revoltech Street Fighters.

Guess which character I'll be getting first.

After the High Dream and Sota version this will be my third.

Now if only my dream of some nice ladies knocking on my door would fulfill itself...

Revoltech Chun-Li, awesome. I just hope she's in scale with the "new standard" Fraulein style body. I don't want to end up with 4 or 5 different scales. Revy should remain the lone "odd scale" one.

I hope so, too. Even if the Revoltech females are from different shows/games, I still want to display them together. If the Fraulein scale is going to be the standard, I think they should re-release Revy in that scale.

any body have any info on these 3 figures

about $30 and 1/10th scale

http://www.hlj.com/product/ATS82191

http://www.hlj.com/product/ATS82190

http://www.hlj.com/product/ATS82192

and does anybody own a movie realization eva? thoughts?

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN949502

Holy moo moo!

IXTL your getting really popular! :p Thanks man.

The other dude with the chinesey Gi looks pretty cool, like his hair style!

Can SOMEONE get into Revoltech's ear and tell them they need to bring out Jubei Kibagami, Kegero, Dakuwan and all the devils of Kimone into a line????????????????????????????????????????

I have checked online and there has been NO toy/statue make of anything of the Ninja Scroll series/movies.

That's a crime!

/rant over

Ken will be fricken awesome, add in there an extra head for is younger long haired high jinks and it will be PERFECT!

The joints look really cool, culdn't have done it better, although i am still hoping for haduken poseability in those arms.

Chunners has always had thunder thighs!!!!!!!!!!

I will get Chun Li, Ryu, and possibly the new dude, not interested in the chinese chick at all.

If i want a claw weaponed Revy it will be VEGA!

All we need is a bra wearing chunners to fight Vega then. :p drooooooolllllllllllllll

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

All my wants and wishes seem to be coming true lately.

First the new 1/60 VF-1 and now Revoltech Street Fighters.

Guess which character I'll be getting first.

After the High Dream and Sota version this will be my third.

Now if only my dream of some nice ladies knocking on my door would fulfill itself...

How'd you like the SOTA's? Which generation you have, 1 or 2? Big difference.

I prefer the 1st line of SOTA. I got both Ken's Sota one and two. They are cool.

But i haven't seen the high dream incarnations, any good? I'll see if i can see a pic online...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Thus far I've only gotten 4 revoltechs: Patlabor Type Zero, Blue Brocken, Helldiver, and Fraulein Rei. Helldiver is the best, and Type Zero the least impressive.

What I'd really like to see in the future is for Kaiyodo to make BGC power suits, original and 2040, in their Fraulein line... or even in the regular line which could raise the possibility of Boomers as well, but I like the 1/10 scale more. I think they would be a perfect fit for the Revoltech system and would give us figures far less expensive then the tiny ones released by Atelier Sai.

Edited by mechaninac

Type Zero has always been the poor orphan -- it's a great design, but under-utilized and hence very few "cool" scenes and accessories. It is after all a police labor, and so will lack the big guns/ "military grunt" look that makes the Helldiver so cool.

BGC ladies and/ or hardsuits would be interesting, but I think the licensing might be an issue. Still, doesn't stop the hoping -- as is the hope for Revoltech Destroids and Zentradi/ Mentran mecha.