Joke Machine Custom Lineup

DatterBoy

Someone asked I put up a group shot.  Sorry to all those whomay be feeling my custom JM overload...

jm%20lineup.jpg

377480[/snapback]

Never! I always liked the JM's, but thought they could be better. You my friend have proven that with your skill at putting together these customs. Excellent!

BTW how many more customs do you have on the horizon and which valks did you have in mind?

Edited by Veritas

Thanks all.

Several things:

1. These JM's are far from perfect. I think the shots don't highlight how bad some of them actually are. I'l post flaw pics shortly.

2. I intend to go with the cannon non DYRL models first and still need the following:

- Miriya (Millia before Graham edit's my post ;P)

- Ben TV (Kakazaki see above)

- Cannon Fodder

- Angel Birds (debating whether or not I really want to do this)

Once these are done I may do the DYRL ones, but the 1A versions. Roy will be the only Cannon 1S EVER...

- Hikaru 1A (can't even call it Rick)

- Kakazaki 1A

- Max 1A

- VT-1 Ostrich

- VE-1 Elint

If I can get through these, then a few I would consider:

- Enigma 1S

- Minmay Guard

- Minmay Guard Moon Act

- 1A hex pattern

- SPW

So I need to get 14 more JM's, somehow. If you got a messed up complete one I'm buyin! But don't expect me to pay premium cuz pristine don't matter, I'm repainting them.

3. Bobe-Patt is the JM king

Are these guys like the "Patriots" from Metal Gear? What mother lode do these guys have? Fill us in man! No need to divulge names.

Rumors! Start em!

Nice!  Even though Bobe-Patt is trying to get the most JMs, you are the JM master.  :)

377505[/snapback]

Indeed! Less IS more! great customs D! :)

377695[/snapback]

no hes not, there are others who choose not to speak up that are truly king

377703[/snapback]

Wouldn't be surprised at all. :lol: There is bound to be someone else who collects JMs as well AND actually has deep pockets to afford it. Pat does not have deep pockets, well they might be deep but not with money. :lol::lol:

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

Nice!  Even though Bobe-Patt is trying to get the most JMs, you are the JM master.  :)

377505[/snapback]

377695[/snapback]

377703[/snapback]

Wouldn't be surprised at all. :lol: There is bound to be someone else who collects JMs as well AND actually has deep pockets to afford it. Pat does not have deep pockets, well they might be deep but not with money. :lol::lol:

377724[/snapback]

deep enough to have more JM's than you! haha. Yeah, I'm probably second from what I know of who has the most JM's. I'm trying to beat that record. hehe. ;):D:p:lol:

I wouldn't judge the caliber of a collection on its quantity of items but rather on the quality and variety. I'd say having a full representation of all the valks is more important than having fifty multiples of every stock valk.

I just wanna know, does this phantom JM king have a lot of customs in his collection?

Thanks all.

Several things:

1. These JM's are far from perfect.  I think the shots don't highlight how bad some of them actually are.  I'l post flaw pics shortly.

2. I intend to go with the cannon non DYRL models first and still need the following:

- Miriya (Millia before Graham edit's my post ;P)

- Ben TV (Kakazaki see above)

- Cannon Fodder

- Angel Birds (debating whether or not I really want to do this)

Once these are done I may do the DYRL ones, but the 1A versions.  Roy will be the only Cannon 1S EVER...

- Hikaru 1A (can't even call it Rick)

- Kakazaki 1A

- Max 1A

- VT-1 Ostrich

- VE-1 Elint

If I can get through these, then a few I would consider:

- Enigma 1S

- Minmay Guard

- Minmay Guard Moon Act

- 1A hex pattern

- SPW

So I need to get 14 more JM's, somehow.  If you got a messed up complete one I'm buyin!  But don't expect me to pay premium cuz pristine don't matter, I'm repainting them.

377695[/snapback]

WOW! That is quite a laundry list of guys you have on the horizon. Think you have enough JM's to make em all?

Wow, these are beautiful customs! I love the finishes... they have that brand-spankin'-new glossy look that just pops! :)

BTW, if anyone is interested, I've got two Joke Machine recasts (done awhile back by member MW member Rohby) for sale: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=18158

They include 'TanMan' style pilots as well as Strike Cannon upgrade parts in case someone is looking to do DYRL? Strike Valks. 1A/J/ & S heads are all there too so you can do whichever variant your lil' heart desires.

I wish more would come of Rohby's completely 'new' Joke Machine project; however, I fear it is DOA.

The world needs more Joke Machine customs! Man, I wish Bandai would reissue the lil' buggers. Alas, Bandai only has love for Gundam. :(

I seem to recall getting my original Robotech-branded Skull Leader/ VF-1S for under 20 bucks back in the day. Ahhh thems were the days... :rolleyes:

I don't have enough.  I'm still on the hunt.  Actually, I think I have only 1 more left I can customize.

377788[/snapback]

Damn, somebody get this man some spare Joke Machines! There's gotta be some junkers you guys can sell off for cheap. ;)

How about using some of those robotech morphers? *shudder* :ph34r:

Edited by Veritas

good to know my "dana" jm was of use :lol: .

pm'ed pics of the next ;)

378072[/snapback]

What are you asking for on this one? WIsh Rohby was still around, it is broken exactly where I've got about 3 breaks on other JM's. That piece that connects it to the back is easy to break. Kind of a pain in the butt.

Wow, these are beautiful customs! I love the finishes... they have that brand-spankin'-new glossy look that just pops:)

BTW, if anyone is interested, I've got two Joke Machine recasts (done awhile back by member MW member Rohby) for sale: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=18158

They include 'TanMan' style pilots as well as Strike Cannon upgrade parts in case someone is looking to do DYRL? Strike Valks. 1A/J/ & S heads are all there too so you can do whichever variant your lil' heart desires.

I wish more would come of Rohby's completely 'new' Joke Machine project; however, I fear it is DOA.

The world needs more Joke Machine customs! Man, I wish Bandai would reissue the lil' buggers. Alas, Bandai only has love for Gundam. :(

I seem to recall getting my original Robotech-branded Skull Leader/ VF-1S for under 20 bucks back in the day. Ahhh thems were the days...  :rolleyes:

377830[/snapback]

I had done a few JM customs (1A Max, 1J Hikaru and VF-1A CF), but after seeing Dat's customs, I think I will be doing other work from now on. :);)

post-602-1141841473_thumb.jpg

post-602-1141841486_thumb.jpg

post-602-1141841505_thumb.jpg

Those look sweet! Diggin thye brownie. What paint did you use for it and how well doe sit hold up to transformation? I like the seperation from the black nose stripe without the black highlight around the cokpit frame. May have to try that for one of these customs.

Here are some high detail shots. On second look, I think the Rick is not perfect, butdefinitely one of th ebetter ones I've made in terms of minimal flaws.

rick%20detail%20a.jpg

rick%20detail%20d.jpg

rick%20detail%20e.jpg

Dat - thanks for the compliments! That means a lot coming from the the JM master! ;) I used Testors "Armor Sand" spray and it holds up quite well to transformation (with a layer of Testors Flat clearcoat over the top). As for your work, I don't see the flaws that you mention! You are being too hard on yourself.

377505[/snapback]

377695[/snapback]

377703[/snapback]

377724[/snapback]

deep enough to have more JM's than you! haha. Yeah, I'm probably second from what I know of who has the most JM's. I'm trying to beat that record. hehe. ;):D:p:lol:

377732[/snapback]

Pat, I never want as many JMs as you! :rolleyes: Especially considering I do not even own ONE JM yet, your "deep enough" claim doesn't mean much. There is a vast difference between having ample funds to spend, actually spending it or deciding not to. I prefer not to spend mine. ;) For myself less is still more; I am more than content with just one JM either Roy or Hikaru.

Besides I've got a dozen other things I'd rather invest my monies in. I'll leave the mass closet collecting to peeps like you. :lol:;)

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

Geezz Datter now you're just showing off  :p j/k

No... NOW I'm just showing off...

jm%20form%20c.jpg

Go to the original post to see the other showoff pics.

378143[/snapback]

How'd you decide who gets clear and who gets tinted canopys? :lol:

377505[/snapback]

377695[/snapback]

377703[/snapback]

377724[/snapback]

377732[/snapback]

Pat, I never want as many JMs as you! :rolleyes: Especially considering I do not even own ONE JM yet, your "deep enough" claim doesn't mean much. There is a vast difference between having ample funds to spend, actually spending it or deciding not to. I prefer not to spend mine. ;) For myself less is still more; I am more than content with just one JM either Roy or Hikaru.

Besides I've got a dozen other things I'd rather invest my monies in. I'll leave the mass closet collecting to peeps like you. :lol:;)

378154[/snapback]

das right!! ;):D:p:lol:

Geezz Datter now you're just showing off  :p j/k

No... NOW I'm just showing off...

jm%20form%20c.jpg

Go to the original post to see the other showoff pics.

378143[/snapback]

How'd you decide who gets clear and who gets tinted canopys? :lol:

378374[/snapback]

oh yeah i just noticed that. are the clear custom??