This is bull!!!!!!! Dang yamato

Skull 0ne

It's great that Yamato are constant improving their products. It's a competitive market :D

I'm alright with my VF-1S.

Actually I'm still impressed with the 1/48.

It's truly a work of art in it's self. :D

I'm glad Yamato decided to enter the Macross market during this life time.

Imagine if they only decided to enter the toy industry 50yrs later..... :lol::lol::lol:

We'll all be 10 feet under... :lol::lol::lol:

dang,

Whats everyone complaining about. all they "fixed" was the nose cone, flaps, arm stays up a tad better. Any hobbist can fix those problems very simply (if you want to call them problems). I say hell, sell your originals for $120 (NISB shipped), I'll buy em and be plenty happy for saving $50 (new + shipping). I bought 2 that way so far and got my brand new max and low vis (so called fixed) for $135 and $125 shipped. Just wait for the deals folks, Its worth it. Every so often, they come out for $99 + shipping on ebay, maybe the box gets a dent while shipping, but its whats inside that I like :)

If Yamato wants to re release the VF-1S, that's fine with me. The whining on MW is really getting tiresome....

That being said, I own two 1/48 VF-1S. One is great and the is a POS in a pile of parts...I might by the new version. With the Hikaru VF-1S and VF-1J coming it'll have to wait though..

I don't know about you guys but this re-release of the VF-1S 1/48 has pissed me off <_<<_< Its like yamato thinks that it can release a crappy one knowing that it's every one's fav and there going to buy it, and then a couple of months later re-releassing it with all the fixes... so ever one will buy it all over agian and double there sales. I'm still in Highschool and I saved forever to get the perfect valk, which came to be the 1/48 valk. So I naturely waited for my fav, and then spent all my hard earned cash to find that the thing has more falts than the sananndreis falt!!!

Sorry guys just had to get that out, Mods you can delete this if you want. Aaron

Ummm......can't you just be happy for those who missed the first issue? :rolleyes:

I got an idea. Sell your VF-1S at a slight loss and and take that money to buy the reissue with the so-called "improvements". Then wait a couple years until you realize that the version 1 is worth $50-100 more than the version 2 (ala YF-19). Then you can whine about selling your "valuable" version 1.

I have the VF-1S and its great. If the little improvement you're talking about are so important to you, then I suggest you stop giving into your "gotta have it as soon as it comes out" mentality.

One more thing. Didn't somebody here offer to trade anyone who'd rather have a version 2 1/48 for their version 1 1/48 just the other day? Who was that? Well whoever it was, if they'll do it, problem solved.

EXO, the funniest thing about that LT quote is that he got busted for crack a week after "The Waterboy" came out. :lol:

This is pathetic, I dunno about some people here but $130+ for a toy is way too much for me to drop like its nothing. And when you pay the $130 for the toy it better be damn well perfect. Unlike some people if Yamato screws it up the first time I'm not stupid enough to say "gee they f*(&%! up the first one lets get the reissue and HOPE its correct". Burned once and you learn Burned twice and your a fool. I personally have a decent collection of Yamatos but I have stopped buying them lately because of QC. I refuse to continue dropping large amounts of money for something that isnt worth half of what they charge and on top of that you get a crappy product. WAKE UP people I love macross and macross goodies as well but I am not blind.

Rob :ph34r:

Comon guys, the 2nd run of the 1/48 Roy are only for those who have missed out on the initial release, and not for those who already have a 1S.

Besides, for those who have already the version 1.0 of the VF-1S, You have benefitted by being able to have the VF-1S in your hands to admire and to play with. The rest of us can only admire the beautiful pictures of the VF-1S online (W M Cheng, anyone?) and drooling onto our keyboards and wish that we had our own.

Besides, haveig a seconed run can only mean that Yamato is doing well and the more likely yamato will stick to producing macross stuff for all of us and not stop because of bad sales.

Ahh yes...

Whining, the official sport of Macrossworld.

I have noticed that by staying out of the Toys forum, I feel like MW is a much happier place. Lots of cry babies here. cry_smile.gif

Wow, I leave town for a day, and totally miss my opportunity to vent at a whiner. . .

Darn. :)

H

P.S. So, if Yamato wants to sell more VF-1S Roys because people still want them, they should be forced to release it with the earlier problems? That, my friend, is moronic.

P.P.S. Any regular visitor here knew that the Roy had a few minor problems. In fact, I'm pretty damn sure that most of us wouldn't have even cared about or noticed the problems had someone here not pointed them out! I still love mine. It looks/feels great.

P.P.P.S. I say again: The official Macross World Motto: When in doubt. . . whine.

And when you pay the $130 for the toy it better be damn well perfect.

For perfect quality control, you'd pay a whole lot more than $130.

Yes, it's too bad about some of the QC issues. But to me, the only really inexcusable one was the crooked skull on the tail fin. And that stopped bothering me as soon as I realized just how hard it was to detect during every-day viewing.

H

This is pathetic, I dunno about some people here but $130+ for a toy is way too much for me to drop like its nothing. And when you pay the $130 for the toy it better be damn well perfect. Unlike some people if Yamato screws it up the first time I'm not stupid enough to say "gee they f*(&%! up the first one lets get the reissue and HOPE its correct". Burned once and you learn Burned twice and your a fool. I personally have a decent collection of Yamatos but I have stopped buying them lately because of QC. I refuse to continue dropping large amounts of money for something that isnt worth half of what they charge and on top of that you get a crappy product. WAKE UP people I love macross and macross goodies as well but I am not blind.

More Valkyries for us.

BTW, thanks for calling everyone who disagrees with you and still buys Yamatos "stupid." Very classy bit of writing there.

But, here are some other possibilities:

1. We're not as picky as you.

2. We're not as cheap as you. (you can use the term "frugal" if you want. Might keep you from whining in a later post.)

3. We're not as whiney as you.

These valks rock, even my Roy 1S. I just can't imagine looking at it and thinking: "I was robbed!" Nor can I imagine being upset when an even better one is released! Talk about selfish!

H

First of all we're talking about Macross toys. A few year ago, $130 would've only gotten you a Joon's, which we all know is far from perfect.

Secondly, I really don't think that there's anything wrong with the Ver. 1 of the first 2 1/48s. I could care less about the nose cone improvement. The wing flap doesn't bother me as I never move them. We still don't know if the pimple issue and head seam was resolved (prob. have to wait for the Hikaru VF-1S to find out), not that the little bit of sanding it takes to fix it bothers me. The crooked skull I didn't even notice until it was pointed out here, and the nosecone gap is present on the newer models and doesn't bother me as I never take the landing gears out (too much trouble for what it's worth).

Overall, even with these minor "problems", I still love my 1/48 1S and think it was one of my all time best purchases for the price. These "problems" are nowhere near the VF-11B hip problems or the YF-19 Tab B problems, which were real issues and personally feel that people are just nitpicking. The improvements are slight at best, and I don't believe will make the VF-1S significantly better or worse, but that just my opinion. I was just being a wisea$$ before. :p

Well I always thought the motto of Macross World was if you dont agree with popular opinion then your thread will be locked, deleted or generally shunned but that is a whole different issue.

My comments arent only about the 1/48 valks, its about all the Yamato valks anyone remember the VF-11B?? Xform it once and hope the hip don't break, that was my first wake up call. I still havent pulled that one from the box since I dont want to break it. Most of my Yamatos I havent even opened because I am afraid of what I might find. My only negative experience with a Yamato was with my 1/60 Hikaru super. Now I dont own the 1/48 Roy and from what I have read I wouldnt buy it. I am interested in the 1/48 Hikaru 1S and I will wait for some people to check it out before I purchase it, if I purchase it. If I upset anyone with my previous post, then Oh well you'll get over it. I obviously don't have the popular opinion here but I don't Hate Yamato and if they want to put out a rerelease more power to em. But you cant expect people to just shut up and be happy and then when they speak out complain about them whining. Anyway everything else is pointless rambling I've said my peace.

Well I always thought the motto of Macross World was if you dont agree with popular opinion then your thread will be locked, deleted or generally shunned but that is a whole different issue.

My comments arent only about the 1/48 valks, its about all the Yamato valks anyone remember the VF-11B?? Xform it once and hope the hip don't break, that was my first wake up call. I still havent pulled that one from the box since I dont want to break it. Most of my Yamatos I havent even opened because I am afraid of what I might find. My only negative experience with a Yamato was with my 1/60 Hikaru super. Now I dont own the 1/48 Roy and from what I have read I wouldnt buy it. I am interested in the 1/48 Hikaru 1S and I will wait for some people to check it out before I purchase it, if I purchase it. If I upset anyone with my previous post, then Oh well you'll get over it. I obviously don't have the popular opinion here but I don't Hate Yamato and if they want to put out a rerelease more power to em. But you cant expect people to just shut up and be happy and then when they speak out complain about them whining. Anyway everything else is pointless rambling I've said my peace.

I think Hurin was the only one who seemed really upset. He'll get over it. :D

A toy must be played, open it up, besides how will you know if it sucks if it still in a box.

I am not sure about this whinning thing though, best that I can remember when we were kids we buy toys to play it, not to look if it has any pimple a crooked skull or a seam.

Why buy a toy if you are buying it only to mock and inspect. Why buy it at all ?

Upset? Me?

Nah. . . just can't stand people who state their opinion in such a way that implies that anyone who disagrees is an idiot. a'la:

Unlike some people if Yamato screws it up the first time I'm not stupid enough to say "gee they f*(&%! up the first one lets get the reissue and HOPE its correct". Burned once and you learn Burned twice and your a fool.

Then, my favorite part is this:

My only negative experience with a Yamato was with my 1/60 Hikaru super. Now I dont own the 1/48 Roy and from what I have read I wouldnt buy it.

Lovely. Someone gets "burned" once, and then comes in here to tell us that anyone who would buy these things is an "idiot" or "fool". . . yet he's never even seen the freakin' thing.

That's worse than whining, it's ill-informed, hypocritical, whining. :p

People need to get it through their skull: No toy is perfect. If you don't want to buy one, that's fine. But don't come in here and cast aspersions on those who do. Why not just say: "It's not worth it to me judging by what I've heard."

I've said it before and I'll say it again. . . these toys (for the most part) are fine. Even the "flawed" VF-1S. People, you have to consider the source when you read reports of how "flawed" these things are. We have people here who don rubber gloves before handling their valks!

H

P.S. I also wish people would actually consider that we are only paying so much for these toys because they are imported via third parties. So, this "it should be perfect for the money I paid!" isn't quite as compelling when you consider how much people in Japan are paying for them.

Edited by Hurin

Maybe I missed something but I don't remember hearing about that many major flaws that would dictate such a rant. I just don't understand what some of you want Yamato to do. Do you want them to make Macross toys or not? Yamato is never going to be perfect and will always try to improve their product. They don't make toys for children and their stuff will always be expensive. These things are not going to change. I don't have a problem with that but some of you do. To those people, I would suggest not buying anything from Yamato or at least wait a year to see if anything better will be out. I wish I knew about the 1/48's before I bought all my 1/60's. I could of saved a lot of money by just waiting for the 1/48's.

Wow... I can't believe this thread went (EDIT: 4) pages. :blink:

I for one am completely happy with my first issue 1/48s... The improvements made are pretty minor, and as long as all of the ones I have take the Fast Packs... I could care less about the minor improvements. My -1S is just fine... Little bit of a head seam, and the Skull Emblem is SLIGHTLY out of alignment... big deal. It still looks amazing to me and that's the bottom line.... I'm happy.

And I hope everyone will just be happy too. :p:lol:

Edited by rocco_77

Most of the people whining about the nose cone and flaps don't play with their 1/48s anyway, so they don't have much to complain about. Neither problem affects a stationary valkyrie.

...and if the crooked skull bothers you that much: install armor, problem solved. :p

problem: the nose cone falls off everytime i transform it.

solution: take the nose cone off first, then transform it.

problem: the flaps keep falling off.

solution: glue it down, nobody plays with the flaps...do they?

problem: the skull emblem is crooked

solution: get a FP set, you'll never have to look at the crooked skull again.

problem: hands are to flimsy

solution: get some new ones. use your imagination, i've already found some replacement hands for the 1/48's

problem: the landing gear is too tough to get open and closed

solution: file down the tabs that lock down the landing gear or get a display stand.

problem: pimple? i haven't seen one? :unsure:

solution: if so, paint and/or file it down.

problem: they left the yellow off roy's back pack.

solution: paint one on, or get any yellow sticker and cut it to fit.

these are some of the problems with the 1S but nothing that can't be fixed easily and nothing that involves dismantling the toy at all.

yes, i would've have liked it if they all came with no QC issues, but as with any "new" toy, its going to have its problems and yamato has heard the voice of the people and corrected their mistakes.

i also have the 1st version, as i stated in a different thread and as Tom mentioned, the 1st run of the 1S will be worth more from a collectors standpoint, just like anything else thats collectible. i can't think of a single thing that was re-released or re-issued, thats worth more than the original.

imo, i think skull one's complaint is valid. you pay what you get. in this case, it seems that if all of us are shedding out $130-$200 for a toy, we're expecting high quality. in some sense, we all got high craftsmanship which i think we can all agree on. quality...well, as the saying goes, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" the crooked skull, the nose, and the flaps....i'm not bothered by it. i don't even notice a big difference or changes between the 1s and the max 1a which i both own. the only quality issue i have and i think everyone might be on an agreeement is the back pack hinge. some of you guys were lucky that it didn't break and some of us weren't so lucky. me? my 1s broke when i first transformed it even when i was extremely careful but my max (which was my second purchase) didn't cause i knew what to do and was extra careful. even though now i know the trick, i'm still cautious but i think yamato should offer replacement parts to the consumer without having to go through the painful runaround that rob from monkey-n has so hard try to do. (which by the way we should all thank him for doing us such a generous service. :) ) but if yamato gave that option to the consumer, i think it would keep alot of its regular customers faithful to the company and offer a peace a mind to the consumer.

at the moment, i'm holding off from buying anymore macross fighters until that issue is resolved. if it isn't, then i still have my two collectibles in my collection and the more for the rest of you guys. but the point is, it's my choice and my satisfaction/contentment. i think we should all continue to voice our complaints about the fighters cause i think that it not only helps us vent our anger but i think it also helps yamato create a better product. nothing is perfect except for imperfection. if none of us ever complained or pointed out the nose falling off, the canopy not staying up, the flaps falling off, the crooked skull....we probably wouldn't have seen those changes done on the max and the low-vis. like what some other hobbist said, alot of these problems can be fixed, it's just a matter of do we really want to make that extra effort to go fix it?

that's all i have to say so i will step off the soap box now.

vf-24.

Three things I see about your post that bear mentioning:

1. Skull 1 isn't pissed so much about the fact that there are problems with the 1S Roy. . . rather, he's actually upset that they're fixing it as they release more. If that isn't bass-ackwards thinking, I don't know what is.

2. Nobody has a problem with noting deficiencies and complaints. As I stated above, I just can't stand the childish whining. Especially ignorant and/or ill-informed whining. And, of course, my favorite, the "vicitimization whining." People are actually upset that they already have a VF-1S now that an "improved" version is being released. They feel like somehow they've been robbed, or taken advantage of. . . ie, they are th victim. Maybe I'm just older and have been around a while. . . and seen my TVs, cars, computers, and everything else replaced with better models shortly after I bought them. . . but this "I want the neeeew one. Wah!" BS is just so selfish and sad, that it leaves me wondering about the maturity and/or age of a lot of those who would post here. When I heard about the "improved" release, I thought to myself: "Doh! I really want one of those! I hope I can afford it when it is released!" I didn't think: "Who can I blame and rail against here!?!"

It comes down to this: Yamato is supplying more of an in-demand toy. Further, they are responding to complaints that have been voiced. To actually complain that they've addressed our complaints is moronic.

3. Your complaint regarding the backpack hinge is constructive and valid. If all complaints were voiced in such a fashion, this thread wouldn't even be here. However, please also note that the backpack hinge is not what Skull 1 and Stampede are going on about. They're just pissy because their valkyries aren't perfect. And, darn it, now there is a more-perfect one available and life just isn't fair. Someone must be blamed!

Okay, I'm done. :)

H

-hurin

yeah. totally agree with you. i've been around for a long time too (there's a joke that can be made with that statement but let's keep it clean :) ). I understand the upset that alot have posted. thanks for pointing out skull one's disatisfaction. i mistook it as a complaint or maybe i just got it mixed up from another post that i saw on the forum. but i guess to put it in another perspective, maybe buying yamato fighters is like buying a computer. once you buy a computer, a few weeks later a new improved, faster computer is out. ya can't keep up with technology. :)

Well as I stated before if Hurnin would have actually read my post instead of putting words in my mouth. The whole point of what I said was Skull One has a right to be pissed off for paying so much for a collectors toy and it having obvious flaws. I guess when I am as old as as wise as you are Hurnin then I will get ingnorant too and attack other people and their opinions. I could care less about what Yamato puts out and now that he has done a good job painting me as a Yamato hater because I wont pay $130 for a toy with some obvious problems I guess its time for me to be banished to the pits of MPC hell :). The point I was trying to make is that Yamato has a history of QC problems some major and some not so major but these should be pretty much non-existant for what you pay for a Yamato valk. You can disagree with me all you want but I wont tolerate a personal attack (not that I am pointing any fingers now).

Uh. . . I did read your posts as is evident by the fact that I quoted them back to you.

Your own words speak for themselves. Nothing more to say. . .

H