Roy 1s Reissue #5 Plus Fast Packs #3 In Feb

Roy's Blues

I don't give a tinker's cuss about "collectibility". The true value of these things is how cool they are and the pleasure they bring people. The more the merrier. The fact they can still sell for over $100 means there's still plenty of people out there that want one (or more).

The day online stores have a hard time getting rid of their stock is when Yamato should lay off the reissues.

Just got my first FAST packs today along with a Hikkie VF-1J and a Display stand.

*takes a loving look at Valk with FAST packs*

It makes my CF Valk look massive and i love it! :)

I thought I wouldn't buy another set of FAST packs, but I love it so much that I just might have to buy another set when I get a Roy VF-1S.

I'm new to collecting 1/48's and I'm glad they reissue every variant, because this way new collectors get a chance to join in the fun.

The more they do this and make money, the more likely they will be to invest in new products. Actually, it helps ensure that they will be around to invest in new products. Not that Yamato is as small as it used to be and is in any danger of going under (as far as I've ever heard).

More valkyries is always a good thing. Even if they aren't new.

Maybe the skulls won't be crooked on this release! :)

H

Yup, Just received my first Valk two days ago, shouldn't people like me have the possibility to get the Valks we want? You know, I don't have the money to buy every valk at one time, so I just can hope there will be normally priced ones in the future too, so I can get one from time to time... Maybe a few altogether. I don't really care what's the money in that stuff (is this some kind of money investment?), for me it's a possibility to have some really nice toys/collectibles from your all-time favorite anime.

Eh. Collectibility. Eh.

I'd rather be able to get something that I enjoy for cheap and be able to play with it, then have it sit in box wondering if it'll go up in price. I've got stocks for that. :p

As long as Yamato keeps selling Macross Valkyries there's always hope for Destroids.

Yup, Just received my first Valk two days ago, shouldn't people like me have the possibility to get the Valks we want? You know, I don't have the money to buy every valk at one time, so I just can hope there will be normally priced ones in the future too, so I can get one from time to time... Maybe a few altogether. I don't really care what's the money in that stuff (is this some kind of money investment?), for me it's a possibility to have some really nice toys/collectibles from your all-time favorite anime.

364538[/snapback]

No kidding! I'm in the "late to the 1/48" party, and am trying to catch up, but need to get the 1A Hiki and Max, as well as the Max and Miriya Super 1J. The prices are getting so high on the 1As, that it really stings to see reissue#6 of Roy, when the price on those 1As shows the demand is still quite strong for them. What was there, 2 releases of the 1A Hiki?..... I need a Low viz too, but that will probably require me to open up a home equity line of credit at this point <_<

Screw collectibilty. 

Constantly selling out 1/48s gives them better reason to make the 2 seaters.

364528[/snapback]

What makes you think they sold out? <_<

364686[/snapback]

I don't know about the 1/48s but some orders on the FPs were reduced to suppliers. So I would take that as support for the FPs selling out.

i am pretty sure back when we were paying up the ass for vintage bandai's and takatokus 6 years ago collectability didn't matter to us. We wanted bandai to reissue stuff but that did not happen till years later. Sure for some who had MIB valks it did matter but for those who wanted a valk to play with in good condition and the feeling of reliving childhood and opening the box for the first time, we wanted to pay what you would normally pay for a toy.

I would much rather have a toy available for those who missed out than to not make it again. Yamato knows some fans have missed out and that some fans consider valks naked without the FP. And hell I haven't even got FAST packs yet but this is a good oppurtunity to finally get one.STRIKE HERE I COME!

The 1/48 valkyries are not a limited edition, with the exception of the Low-vis. So, none of them are collectable to begin with.

If you want collectibility, wait for the molds to be lost/worn out. :lol:

Eh.  Collectibility.  Eh. 

I'd rather be able to get something that I enjoy for cheap and be able to play with it, then have it sit in box wondering if it'll go up in price.  I've got stocks for that.  :p

As long as Yamato keeps selling Macross Valkyries there's always hope for Destroids.

364551[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. I hate "collectible" items where they make far less than demand. What's the point? Yamato needs to make money so they can continue producing new toys. I'm buying these toys because they are cool and fun, not as any kind of investment. It would be nice for them to have value if I decide to sell but I rather have the opportunity to buy more cool toys.

Screw collectibilty. 

Constantly selling out 1/48s gives them better reason to make the 2 seaters.

364528[/snapback]

What makes you think they sold out? <_<

364686[/snapback]

I don't know about the 1/48s but some orders on the FPs were reduced to suppliers. So I would take that as support for the FPs selling out.

364828[/snapback]

Hm, still not remotely convinced that suppliers sold out of their previous supply of the reissued Roy. <_< Not that it matters, but it would be nice if Yamato did lower the price for this. :rolleyes::angry:

I'm new to collecting 1/48's and I'm glad they reissue every variant, because this way new collectors get a chance to join in the fun.

This is why I was so happy back when I got my 3rd reissue roy. When I discovered that VF1S roy had sold out (which I had intended to get for myself) I was a bit depressed. It was a blessing in disguise though, because that meant I bought a low vis instead (much harder to find now) and later on realised the reissue was coming. Reissued saved the day for me, being new to the 1/48 and all.

I do hope they find a way to make a VF1D though rather than just milking single seat for 10 years..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I have enough of the vf-1s Roy. A #5 or #6 re-issue

is great if your just starting like i am, but i really

need a vf1a max and a vf1a hikaru and vf1j Super max

vf1j Super millia Something other than a vf1s roy.

Retailers still have it in stock <_<

Yamato need your money. Eventually they will reissue if enough people pester about it when it is something that starts to become hard to find or desired by fans of that mech. I figure if your money goes to a second hand guy on ebay who has the thing you want, that is a loss for them. Isn't that how we got the VF1A CF? Money = votes. But you also got to complain when you see something that you woudn't buy. Otherwise you end up with the 1/100 vf0 and the effort is wasted. ;)

My only thing is: I don't want to wait for ages before new things come out. Yah the vf1 is cool, but there are only so many of the same thing that you will buy before you start to want some toys based on other mecha. It would be wise to cater to the new and old (who have most everything they want) collectors just to maintain interest.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Awesome. The market can always use more FP sets... and more Valks is just gravy.

EDIT:

My thoughts exactly. I hate "collectible" items where they make far less than demand. What's the point? Yamato needs to make money so they can continue producing new toys. I'm buying these toys because they are cool and fun, not as any kind of investment. It would be nice for them to have value if I decide to sell but I rather have the opportunity to buy more cool toys.

Yes.

Edited by promethuem5

But the VF1S Hiky's aren't so perhaps the molds can and do degrade?

365512[/snapback]

I just thought about that after I posted - I'm not so sure the latest Hikkie was cast from the Roy mold - the parts fit and color was very similar to a Hikkie 1A I handled. I didn't think the darker color of plastic has anything to do with mold degradation, just variations in the pigment concentration?? Also, the fit of the 1st issue Hikkie 1S was different from the Roys, so it's not like all 1S variations need to come from the same mold.

Then again, I know nothing of the manufacturing processs :p:p .

Old molds like the ones used on G1 Transformers degraded... as seen from alot of the last runs of the old school Bumblebee mold for example.... there are alot of examples of loss of sharp edges and shallowing panel lines in those... I don't know if the technology has changed greatly since then or how Yamato handles different molds...