So There's This Vf-11b 1/72 Toy On Ebay

Spatula

Just be very careful with the hip joints. I've heard many cases were these hips broke. Mine still intact, but I'm very careful with my toys. Now, other people here in MW are equally or more careful with their collection , and they still brake.

$65 is a decent price but I wouldn't consider it a screaming good deal. Most people prefer the fast pack release as it included some improvements so every now-and-then you can get the first version for dirty cheap. I paid $35 and it came with the HK sub of Macross :)

Edited by jenius

$65 is a decent price but I wouldn't consider it a screaming good deal.  Most people prefer the fast pack release as it included some improvements so every now-and-then you can get the first version for dirty cheap.  I paid $35 and it came with the HK dub of Macross :)

362820[/snapback]

You show off! :lol: ..but I do agree with you.

I'm actually not for the whole transforming thing. I'm more than happy if the VF-11 stays in fighter mode, forever. This should solve the whole "DONT BREAK THE FREAKING TOY WHILST TRANSFORMING" issue. See why I'm not a fan of the toys, but rather a whore for the model kits? <3 Hasegawa.

Say it ain't so, but the whole GERWALK and Battroid mode never caught me. Sorries...

Edited by Spatula

• 2 weeks later...

WOOT! Got it today (as well as my AKIRA bike)! Thanks to Rob.

My question is...how the heck do you get this to fighter mode PROPERLY?

For some reason I seem to not get the shoulder parts fitted properly. See pics:

Is the ridge part supposed to go under?

post-3312-1139033635_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1139033652_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1139033666_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1139033679_thumb.jpg

How do you get the rear landing gears to open as well as the rear elevators?

I like how you didn't even answer my question. ~so helpful!~

<_<

EDIT: Well I just found out that the rear landing gear pops up if you push one end. And as well as the rear elevators. But I'm still having quite a bit of trouble lining everything up properly! :(

Edited by Spatula

I only own the VF11B w Fast Packs release (bought from HLJ) which has pretty strong hips. Althought I don't transform it often. (I leave it in fighter mode)

Maybe you should get one of those instead? (see attachment)

post-2125-1139037424.jpg

Those shoulders can be a bitch to transform but lining them up is doable. After all the fast pack version already comes packaged in fighter.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Well if you are desperate you might want to ask if anyone is willing to sell thier Yamato "VF11b w FP" version to you. From what I have heard this is strong and won't break, being a later release. No fragile hips probs.

The fast packs as you can see in the attached image look chunky compared to thier lineart though.

No, not desperate. I already blew a whole chunk of change on this. Strong joints are no longer relevant as I have no intention of transforming this. Forever it will stay in fighter mode.

I'm actually not for the whole transforming thing. I'm more than happy if the VF-11 stays in fighter mode, forever. This should solve the whole "DONT BREAK THE FREAKING TOY WHILST TRANSFORMING" issue. See why I'm not a fan of the toys, but rather a whore for the model kits? <3 Hasegawa.

Say it ain't so, but the whole GERWALK and Battroid mode never caught me. Sorries...

Well, it looks like my future was already fore told by myself.

Edited by Spatula

Ok. Must suck to find out the hard way. I was lucky I read up on the earlier versions before shopping around for vf11. When I got into the 1/72 line the FP version was available and I was happy. I think fighter mode is the best mode to have it displayed in. But it is still cool to know that the toy actually does transform. That is why anything that is expensive I tend to research and read reviews first before commiting as I hate stuff that is easy to break.

I actually transformed mine about 4 times, and it never broke. I was super gentle, but I'm sure you were also gentle :(

Then I read about the hip breakage problem, so I put the VF-11 back in the box. Only once since then I revisited for a photo session.

I'm so tramatized that I don't even touch the FP version. I transformed it once for pics, and then it went right back into the box.

I wish Yamato releases a 1/60 version of this toy, with titanium hips ;p

I HAD 2 VF-11 first editions, and both broke when I was taking the damn things out of the plastic tray that it comes in!!! The I got the second one because the first one broke and was SUPER carefull with it and it still broke!!! Thanks Yamato.

Chris

I HAD 2 VF-11 first editions, and both broke when I was taking the damn things out of the plastic tray that it comes in!!!

I can really see the quality shine there.

Wasn't there a rereleased one for around that price recently? With FAST Packs too?

Yes, but not on eBay at the time I ordered.

Needless to say, regarding this breakage issue: Caveat Emptor.

Well hearing other VF-11B's break, although somewhat sadistic, somewhat elevates my cognitive dissonance of buying this thing. I'm sorry, but Yamato won't be suckering me for anymore products. I also read of some problems with the VB-6 Monster, which I was at one point intending to buy.

Yamato, you ain't going to sucker me no more, even with your "exquisite" 1/48 Strike Valks. :angry:

Edited by Spatula

Yeah, I just got so pissed off trying to fix it, I slammed it on my desk.

Good bye. See you in the garbage can.

What a Fukking waste of $65 plus shipping. I honestly want my money back, but like that's ever going to happen. Worst Toy Ever. Fuk sakes.

Edited by Spatula

VF-11 legs break from looking at them funny. People have bought it, transformed it once or twice, then left it on the shelf in battroid mode for six months---then all of a sudden it falls off the shelf because the legs broke off from just standing there.

Plus, there's one's where the legs have come off before the box has even been opened.

Edited by David Hingtgen

You know what, to hell with this.

Anyone know how good this is?

http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?products_id=921

Yeah, it's in the garbage.  I don't want to see that crap haunt me, for christ sakes.

366815[/snapback]

Whoa, now THAT's a waste. You should've listed it in the for sale section to sell for parts. I would've bought the stickers off of you at the very least; someone else may have lost the gun for theirs... You might've gotten $20-$30 back. Also, there is an instructional around here somewhere for a super sturdy fix for the hips. Sorry you got so pissed though... can't say I've never thrown inanimate objects in disgust myself, I can definately relate!!!

This won't make you feel better, but they don't all just fall apart. Mine has been mishandled pretty bad a few times and has since sat on a shelf for many months without any problems. It even survived a 5 foot fall without breaking (in GERWALk mode). There must be some motion in particular that is just kryptonite to that hip that I have managed, through sheer luck, to not do... I'm trying to learn what that motion is so that I can avoid it forever.

Wasn't there a rereleased one for around that price recently? With FAST Packs too?

Yes this is the one I own. It has always puzzled me why people keep buying the older release? Maybe they think it is better than the FP version? *Shakes head.* *Hugs VF11B FP*.

Spatula make this an important, albeit expensive lesson: Read reviews first first before buying anything. Before I got into buying any yamato including 1/48 I read a few of graham's reviews of the toy (and all the different releases with improvements and fixes) and saved myself the pain before forking over the $

Same thing with the toynamis and why I won't buy any until QC is fixed. For people who don't even open the box of the thing (a MIB collector) this isn't such a big deal though. (this is what I suspect the toynami MPC toys are: things that are not really designed to be touched or played with like the superposables.)

review page of yamato valks: (covers the 1/72 vf11B w FP. Click the thumbnail to read the review)

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/_toys_yamato.htm

box-1.jpg

^

comes boxed in fighter mode so it will be easy to identify from earlier version