Desperately searching for a 1/60

Midi_Amp

Can anybody help me... I've been going through various website which sells Macross toys, and I can't find a single Yamato made 1/60 available. Is it true that the toys are already discontinued :( ?

I'm a long and a die hard fan of Macross series since I was in junior high, but just recently I knew that there are Macross toys which can fully transformed to various modes. Ever since I stumbled upon Macross World about a week ago, I was literally in shock and awe... The toy section rocks! I quickly asked my dearest to get her permission (she is after all the one who hold the wallets)... Lo and behold, I got it, 1 in every 3 months (probably the good "message" got me there ;) )

I live in Indonesia, and it is quite hard to find an online store who are willing to send their stuff here. All I can really depend on is HLJ and probably some stores in Singapore (my family) and Australia (my wife).

Sigh... Am I already too late to start collecting the toys? For quite sometimes now I fill up my mecha lust with gundams... And recently it's been to bland, especially with the seed and all...

Welcome to MW. Sorry, but your best bet is quite probably eBay. And you can always keep an eye on the For Sale section here. I can almost guarantee the prices will be better than eBay.

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

don't forget some members also have stores...

http://www.valkyrie-exchange.com/frames.html

kevin at valk exchange is one of the best friends a macross collector can have. He also has 1/60's in stock, as well as other goodies.

monkeynugget, blackaces, and others also serve the community well... but I can't say they will have 1/60's at the moment.

and as Die, Alien Scum! said... check the for sale section here as there are some really great deals. You just missed a great 1/60 deal chowser was selling so he could afford guns. I never said the members here were sane mind you... just that you could get good deals :rolleyes:

oh yeah... don't forget that there are also 1/55 macross toys which can double as JARTS :rolleyes:

Welcome to MW. Sorry, but your best bet is quite probably eBay. And you can always keep an eye on the For Sale section here

Thanks :D as soon as I read your reply I head on to ebay... And wowie!! Lots of Yamato 1/60 action figures, but my wife warned that there are people who sells bootlegged items. So I'm checking Macrossworld straight shooters list to do some cross checking... Thanks guys, this forum helps a lot.

The 1/60 VF-1 has detachable legs to transform. The 1/48 is fully transformable. I suggest you get all the 1/48 first since there much harder to find

Thanks for the suggestion, but I will stick to 1/60. I've seen the transformation videos that Graham did (very well) and the detaching the legs doesn't seem much of a hassle, plus I like the size better than the 1/48, as in not to small and not to big.

there are also 1/55 macross toys which can double as JARTS rolleyes.gif

Err... What's a JARTS? Thanks for the Valk-exchange link, I had visited the site, but only found 3 1/60 action figures, and although I doesn't have any preference right now (even the Queadlunn-Rau is tempting) it is my first purchase and I can only buy 1 in 3 months... Choices, choices... And a limited one at best :(

I will try to rummage around ebay and macrossworld first, and probably I will buy any valk or quedy which are available on valk-exchange.

Err... What's a JARTS? .

344114[/snapback]

JARTS... lawn darts. Another wonderful toy that parents deemed to dangerous for their retarded inbred hick kids living in a trailer park so they sued and JART's are no longer availible. Picture a 1 foot plus dart you tried to throw so it would land in a hula-hoop 20 feet away between your friends legs. Kinda like "knivesies" but with darts and hulahoops :blink:

great fun... I still have scars :lol:

My recommendation would be to stick with the latter releases (VF-1S FP and latter)since they are fast pack and/or GBP capable. The 1/60s are also the only way to get ready-made VF-1D, VE-1, and VT-1 that look good to excellent in all three modes and won't cost you an arm and a leg to acquire.

EBay should be fine, just make sure that you are bidding on true Yamato 1/60 and check the seller's feedback and you should not get fooled.

Picture a 1 foot plus dart you tried to throw so it would land in a hula-hoop 20 feet away between your friends legs. Kinda like "knivesies" but with darts and hulahoops :blink:

Okay... That's just creepy... And bizzare, in fear factor kind of bizzare.

Check out Toy-Wave as he has some offers in the 1/60 range and shipping from HK should be cheaper to Indo compared from US.

Checked it, only the VE-1 which are in stock... What the... Yamato has 1/60 YF-21 and VF-11B??!!! I thought they were only available in 1/72 form? I love crazy futuristic designs.

My recommendation would be to stick with the latter releases (VF-1S FP and latter)since they are fast pack and/or GBP capable.

I like the VF-1S "masked" head unit, but I also like dual cockpit planes such as the VF-1D and the VT-1... But the VT-1 doesn't have any weapons and the 1D has that orangy-musky color to it. Hmm, I might settle for the 1D, the color is meh, but the dual cockpit make do :) Off bidding then... B))

Just realised this though... Both 1S and 1D head cannon looks like a bunny ear? But who am I to criticize this late in the game :huh: I am grateful enough there are people selling these beauties.

Check out Toy-Wave as he has some offers in the 1/60 range and shipping from HK should be cheaper to Indo compared from US.

Checked it, only the VE-1 which are in stock... What the... Yamato has 1/60 YF-21 and VF-11B??!!! I thought they were only available in 1/72 form? I love crazy futuristic designs.

You may have looked at the site a bit too fast :D Yup VE-1 in stock. Look for those which says offer in yellow. Should have VF-1J GBP, VT-1, Millia Q-Rau, GBP Armor Set and also VF-1A CF. Some others also in stock like the VF-1A Max & Hikaru and VF-1S Roy.

Yup the Yf-21 and VF-11B is 1/72 scale. Guess there wasn't a point to put another category for just 2 items.

You may have looked at the site a bit too fast :D Yup VE-1 in stock. Look for those which says offer in yellow...

Ah, pardon my hasty judgement... I thought the yellow "offer" sign is like backordered info on HLJ, and I didn't scrolled down to reveal some more action figures in stock.

Yup, PM Valkyrie-Exchange. As others have said, he's also a great person to deal with.

I went to look at some other stores in Japan that I normally look at and saw some 1/60 in stock. Max & Milia VF-1J is available there if you are looking to get those. They have some others as well but not much.

http://www.amenbo.com/cgi-bin/list/toys/macrross/vf-1j-e.cgi

I have used them twice so far and so far no problems. Once with EMS and the other with SAL. But just be aware with SAL, they will not take any resposibility as there is no insurance or tracking number.

www.bigbadtoystore.com has:

-VF-1J w/ uber armour

-VF-1 Elintseeker

-VF-1A cannon fodder

-VF-1S strike

-VT-1 Super Ostrich

www.digital-toys.com

-VF-1J super Maria

Those are just a few that I checked out. There are probably more out there. I got a whole bunch off www.gundamstoreandmore.com They've got some really kickass prices too.

Good luck!

EBay should be fine, just make sure that you are bidding on true Yamato 1/60 and check the seller's feedback and you should not get fooled.

344117[/snapback]

Has anyone ever seen a bootleg 1/60 valk? Were any ever made?

344235[/snapback]

That's about as likely as a Toynami MPC bootleg.

344117[/snapback]

Has anyone ever seen a bootleg 1/60 valk? Were any ever made?

344235[/snapback]

That's about as likely as a Toynami MPC bootleg.

344237[/snapback]

haha.... i still feel my MPC's are suped up bootlegs of chunky monkey 1/55's.....

I just visited robotech.com, and... I'm now completely stupified... I know this is probably a taboo to ask here... But in what scale are the robotech action figure? The new generation I mean (the goofy looking planes). Also, on that site, there's a couple of 1/55-65 scale of the VF-1 series, is there such a thing? Well, like I said before, this is my first purchase of a long lived passion, so I'm a bit cautious.

Oh I'm also confused about the whole robotech-macross fiasco, but probably I will post it on the movies forum :)

BTW, thanks for all the replies fellas, I have my eyes on the toy-wave first as it is located in HongKong, nearest to my place.

I'm 99.99% sure there have never been any yamato bootlegs. I guess they're too fiddly to reproduce.

But if there was ever a boot 1/48... oh boy. :ph34r:

I just visited robotech.com, and... I'm now completely stupified... I know this is probably a taboo to ask here... But in what scale are the robotech action figure? The new generation I mean (the goofy looking planes). Also, on that site, there's a couple of 1/55-65 scale of the VF-1 series, is there such a thing? Well, like I said before, this is my first purchase of a long lived passion, so I'm a bit cautious.

Oh I'm also confused about the whole robotech-macross fiasco, but probably I will post it  on the movies forum :)

BTW, thanks for all the replies fellas, I have my eyes on the toy-wave first as it is located in HongKong, nearest to my place.

344342[/snapback]

there is a newbies thread for how macross is different than robotech. many people read it and learn before posting. Myself I couldn't give a crap... it's all about the toys. Yeah toynami makes valks... which are at best a cross between the better aspects of a 1/55 bandai/takatoku [durability and strength] and a yamato 1/60 [better detail and look] and are typically the worst of both worlds with extra wiring to break and batteries to leak. Check out the main forum to see what cool vintage stuff is out there and pick up a used jetfire or a cheap bandai re-issue. I am a bit of an oddball on the boards. Some people scream robotech sucks [most actually], some scream macross is for losers [mgrexx I believe], I scream "send me your broken 1/55's :rolleyes: . A good toy is a good toy and I dont like knocking another company as all have merits depending on why you collect. A toy to dispay is one thing... a toy to bludgeon tour cousin into submission is an entirly different thing. The traditional takatoku/bandai/joons/matsushiro/etc are the most durable trasforming vf I have encountered. The yamato 1/60's were better detailed but had removable legs and non "jart" like nature... IE you couldn't kill your cousin on the first throw. Toynami, while 1/55, did not use the "traditional" molds and while they have better detail, their quality control sucked and durability is non-existent.

On the other hand yamato clearly didn't have their heads up their asses when they released the mac+ valks. I never thought any toy on the planet could compare to my trusty jetfire/ macross 1/55, I was a die hard bandai fan... until I first laid my hands on the wonderful blue goodness [not blue at all like those perverse smurf hermaphraditic toadstool things] of the yamato 19a. A toy that had metal, a complex transformation, and looked good in all modes! such a far cry from the mass produced plastic crap that is fostered off on most americans. [by this I mean bandai's attempt to make a 19 even 50% as nice as the yammie 19a]. HEck...america is lame... you have to buy japanese re-issue g1 transfomers and have them shipped here if you want the guns to fire because american kids are to stupid to not aim them at their eyes. I blame kyle's mom entirely :angry: . "it's not my fault that my children were shooting flaming arrows strapped with TNT at eachother in the back yard while I was watching springer and eating ding-dongs... it's that antichrist mtv influence... we must make the world safer for my inbred mountain children..." and all the cool toys went away... Damn stupid people breeding faster than smart people. :angry:

but if your just starting out... just do a macross robotech search on ebay in the toy section to see all the cool stuff that out there. Ask any questions you might have in one of the appropriate threads ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Err... What's a JARTS? .

344114[/snapback]

JARTS... lawn darts. Another wonderful toy that parents deemed to dangerous for their retarded inbred hick kids living in a trailer park so they sued and JART's are no longer availible. Picture a 1 foot plus dart you tried to throw so it would land in a hula-hoop 20 feet away between your friends legs. Kinda like "knivesies" but with darts and hulahoops :blink:

great fun... I still have scars :lol:

344116[/snapback]

uh I dont think you were supposed to sit in the hoop