1/48 VF-1D conversion kit inquiry.

captain america

Thanks for the explanation, Capt' :)

Hi Fulcy.

Actually, both versions come with a clear canopy; that's simply a must.

The difference is actually as follows:

-Vanilla kit: canopy and eye lens molded clear; all other parts in white.

-Color kit: clear canopy, clear green eyepiece, body parts molded in beige, orange, and brown.

336086[/snapback]

Damn, I received your e-mail but I have to wait until I get paid on Friday (14 Oct 05) to send the Paypal payment.  I would like to change my order from the vanilla set to the color kit if it's not too much trouble.  I am in no big hurry to receive the kit so the delay does not bother me as long as I know you can reserve a kit for me.  I will still send the payment on Friday regardless if I end up having to wait for the kit.  Thanks for this great offer!

336173[/snapback]

Okay, payment has been sent. The kits look great! I can't wait to receive it.

Crap...the only problem now is gonna be getting ANOTHER valk to make a 1D with....I just got my CF and Armor sets in the mail so I won't be getting another one for quite a while most likely... maybe I can find a 1J Hikkie with TV armor so I can kill two birds with one stone.

Payment sent and looking great!!!!

However.... give me these parts immediately or I'll shoot this kitten out of a cannon into the mouth of a toothless shark! Behold the awfulness of being gummed to death! No! you may not look away! Look at the horror of severe discomfort! Look at the little thing wriggle in annouance.

The little fella's torment will end when the parts are mine.... take your time... the gumming will take a while.... -looks at shark- gum harder dammit!

This psycho-babble has been brought to you by lack of sleep, excitement, and the letter Q... the most evil letter ever.

Edited by Zeta Otaku

Payment sent and looking great!!!!

However.... give me these parts immediately or I'll shoot this kitten out of a cannon into the mouth of a toothless shark! Behold the awfulness of being gummed to death! No! you may not look away! Look at the horror of severe discomfort! Look at the little thing wriggle in annouance.

The little fella's torment will end when the parts are mine.... take your time... the gumming will take a while.... -looks at shark- gum harder dammit!

This psycho-babble has been brought to you by lack of sleep, excitement, and the letter Q... the most evil letter ever.

336620[/snapback]

Would that be considered a Gummy Shark?

my apologies if this has already been answered(10 pages is alot to read) but are screws going to be included with the kit?

or will we be able to use the existing screws from the valk?

is it just a simple, take your valk apart and swap this part for that part, then screw everything back together?

i'm sure you made some instructions for it but i just want to know if i need to track down anything(outside of paint) to get this project underway.

Hi Haterist.

You will not need to buy/use any new screws or pins to do the conversion; my kit uses all the standard screws & pins that already come with the Yammie Valk. Actually, you wil have 1 screw left-over when you're done.

Aside from some minor spot-repair/flash removal, there are also a few holes to be drilled; these are for the head/neck joint & the hatch that lets the head through upon transformation.

thanks for your quick reply, for the sound of it, it doesn't seem to difficult to put this sucker together. i'm a pretty smart guy i'm sure i'll figure it out.

as far as the screws, my main concern was actually the screws for the head lasers....them tiny little screws are kind of hard to come by.

Wow, the pigmented parts look really nice.

Please captain, I want to see a built vf-1d with the new painted parts.

Can you put two more pictures (battloid full view and fighter full view with landing gear and cockpit attached). I might take the bate  :)

336648[/snapback]

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=16389

actually, the colored parts tend to vary a bit in color tint, so there's no way to get a precise match from any pre-mixed paint.

In reality, the best thing would be to paint ALL the parts, along with the rest of the Valk. The colored plastic just makes things a bit more forgiving if you end up inadvertantly scratching some paint off, since it won't show as much.

So is this just to fit the 1D head Cap? I am using a 1S body for my conversion, so if i keep the 1S head (swap the 1D later) will everything still be cool for transfig? Will much look outta place? ;)

Cap... there are also a few holes to be drilled; these are for the head/neck joint & the hatch that lets the head through upon transformation.
Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

You guys wanna ship together?

-Eternal D

-NightmareB4Macross

-Snip

-Hirohawa

-BigKid24

-Jasonc

Anyone else around L.A.?

Payment Sent!

335923[/snapback]

Hell ya!

336672[/snapback]

OK, after you I'm closing this group. I already paid the cap for shipping so pay the cap the $80.

So is this just to fit the 1D head Cap? I am using a 1S body for my conversion, so if i keep the 1S head (swap the 1D later) will everything still be cool for transfig? Will much look outta place?  ;)
Cap... there are also a few holes to be drilled; these are for the head/neck joint & the hatch that lets the head through upon transformation.

336734[/snapback]

Mechanically, the body of the 1S/J/A are identical; any of which can be converted to the 1D. The conversions cannot be done partially however. ALL the conversion components must be used, or the transformation sequence will not function/fit correctly.

So is this just to fit the 1D head Cap? I am using a 1S body for my conversion, so if i keep the 1S head (swap the 1D later) will everything still be cool for transfig? Will much look outta place?  ;)

336734[/snapback]

Mechanically, the body of the 1S/J/A are identical; any of which can be converted to the 1D. The conversions cannot be done partially however. ALL the conversion components must be used, or the transformation sequence will not function/fit correctly.

336885[/snapback]

So the conversion he spoke of (-1D with a -1S head) can't be done? That was the whole reason I wanted the -1D kit.

thanks for your quick reply, for the sound of it, it doesn't seem to difficult to put this sucker together.  i'm a pretty smart guy i'm sure i'll figure it out. 

as far as the screws, my main concern was actually the screws for the head lasers....them tiny little screws are kind of hard to come by.

336647[/snapback]

Cap, are those of us using a 1A for the "donor" valk going to be short on head laser screws?

thanks for your quick reply, for the sound of it, it doesn't seem to difficult to put this sucker together.  i'm a pretty smart guy i'm sure i'll figure it out. 

336647[/snapback]

Cap, are those of us using a 1A for the "donor" valk going to be short on head laser screws?

336959[/snapback]

Nope. The new 1D head only uses one screw, and it's for the neck mount (and comes with the Yammie anyway.) The 1D turrets fit into the head via pressure, but are still designed to swivel normally.

Okie, so the head mount/swivel piece must be swapped to let the head carry on through per config change so that it's smooth? We will have to drill a separate hole for a 1S head with the swivel you designed so a 1S is possible Cap? Can't use the existing 1S head and swivel? I'm no expert mod'r, i'll need instructions lol. :lol: What i was hoping for was the option to change an swap heads, the 1D and a 1S, even EXO's 1A mod if that ever happens. :)

So the conversion he spoke of (-1D with a -1S head) can't be done? That was the whole reason I wanted the -1D kit.
Edited by ruskiiVFaussie