1/48 VF-1D conversion kit inquiry.

captain america

Alright people, talked to Capt about this, and we are a go - I am going to be making hollow head lasers for the 1D head (once I'm able to get a copy of the head from Capt).  PM me if you're interested, and I'll keep a running list here of who wants the hollow head lasers.  Figure it's best to release them about the same time as the conversion kit is being released, so customs can be made all at the same time...

330979[/snapback]

Can't you get started on them straight away? I mean, I'm not rushing you or anything (or rather I am :p) but aren't they conceptually the same as the lasers for the VF-1Js? Approximate size would be the same too I would reckon.

It all depends on how captain wants to handle this - since I am going to guess some people won't want the hollow head lasers, so they'll opt for the original solid head laser - and if captain casts all those, they will match the rest of the conversion kit perfectly. In which case, I'd rather modify his original with my head lasers, so that the sculpts are exactly the same.

Started a new thread to keep track of the head laser interest

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=16355

Coz! How about recreating the episode where Hik saved Misa's butt? Complete with shattered canopy glass! :D

Damn cool idea about having Minmay sculpted for VF hand fondling. :lol:

... sooooo, get to work! :p

Misa?  Why Misa?  Seriously I'm thinking the one in the red dress, like the first 2 episodes and one that's sculpted into a TV valk hand.  I'm even considering both Hikaru and Minmay as stand up figures... I already have one of Hikaru in his DYRL blue uniform just walking.

331302[/snapback]

Coz! How about recreating the episode where Hik saved Misa's butt? Complete with shattered canopy glass!  :D

Damn cool idea about having Minmay sculpted for VF hand fondling.  :lol:

... sooooo, get to work!  :p

331600[/snapback]

That's a totally different job, nothing related to the VF-1D at all. He was in Roy's VF-1S

haha whoops! Long weekend. =_= cheers!

Still would be cool to get a Misa one, but Minmay deffinently for 1D.

That's a totally different job, nothing related to the VF-1D at all. He was in Roy's VF-1S

331765[/snapback]

It's not a bad idea though, don't get me wrong.

Yeah you are right about the long weekend. It drained me too, especially when the West Coast Eagles lost.

Me too! can I be on the list? do you take Visa :p That looks amazing!

Oh hey kensei just FYI I'll be in oz on oct 4th... way on the other side though, have a wedding to go to. :)

331902[/snapback]

Really? Awesome. Be sure to hit the Gold Coast for a swim, it's heating up now. :D

Hey Capt., what's you latest opinion on the heatshield condition? No other way for it to be non-removable?

Oh hey kensei just FYI I'll be in oz on oct 4th... way on the other side though, have a wedding to go to. :)

331902[/snapback]

Really? Awesome. Be sure to hit the Gold Coast for a swim, it's heating up now. :D

Hey Capt., what's you latest opinion on the heatshield condition? No other way for it to be non-removable?

331924[/snapback]

Hi Kensei.

Thus far, the heat shield is leaning more toward being removeable. It is PROBABLY possible to make it transform with the heatshield in place, though it would require machining some sliding rails for the inside of the chest armor.

The big problem with this is that it starts to make the conversion more complicated; particularly for those who are not so mechanically-enclined, and due to the limitations of even the high-impact resin, the parts would be so delicate that they would be prone to breakeage with even gentle handling.

Hi Kensei.

Thus far, the heat shield is leaning more toward being removeable. It is PROBABLY possible to make it transform with the heatshield in place, though it would require machining some sliding rails for the inside of the chest armor.

The big problem with this is that it starts to make the conversion more complicated; particularly for those who are not so mechanically-enclined, and due to the limitations of even the high-impact resin, the parts would be so delicate that they would be prone to breakeage with even gentle handling.

331982[/snapback]

That's cool. As long as it is 1/48!

Saturday (Sunday for me) is going to be sooooo awesome!

It's not a bad idea though, don't get me wrong.

Yeah you are right about the long weekend. It drained me too, especially when the West Coast Eagles lost.

haha yep.

Damn it was a close game though ey! Feel sorry for all the Perth fans travellin back from the stadium. :(

331902[/snapback]

331924[/snapback]

And it's starting to smell too! :p *sniff* Ahhhhhh :lol:

Misa?  Why Misa?  Seriously I'm thinking the one in the red dress, like the first 2 episodes and one that's sculpted into a TV valk hand.  I'm even considering both Hikaru and Minmay as stand up figures... I already have one of Hikaru in his DYRL blue uniform just walking.

331302[/snapback]

Cool!. And don't forget about Max and Millia figures for those of us who are planning on doing Virgin Road 1D customs! B))

331353[/snapback]

Damn straight!