Quick lowdown on The Yamato Koenig Monster

robomatt

I have money to buy some toys for a change. I am considering the Koenig Monster. I remember less than ecstatic reviews back when it came out. I personnaly was very excited to see the toy come out , but the reviews describing pegs that may pop off over time and no knee joints in robot mode kind of softened my desire for the toy.

Can anyone give me the lowdown on is this a "buy" or a "pass" toy?

I only have a certain amount of money and I don't want to spend it on a toy that I am not going to be happy and proud of.

Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by robomatt

I've got one and I love it to death. It is an utterly gorgeous figure. There IS knee posability in Battroid mode, you just have to unfasten the knee pad so it is free to move. Getting it balance with a bent knee pose is tricky, but I managed it. I transform mine all the time with no breakage thus far... the same stress marks as everyone else, but it's not made itself an issue.

I just got mine at the SDCC, so I guess is the reissue, tho' I can't see many differences to those already reviewed, except for the opening elbow missile hatch.

I guess the decision depends on how much you like the K Monster. Me, I'm a fan and despite it's little issues (stated above) remember that this is the only Köenig Monster toy we'll be seeing in quite a while.

I don't have a macro, so I can't take decent pictures of it, but I can say there's not much of a difference between the two editions. The elbow hatch is not glued down and that's about it. Not much of a gimmick either, you have to hold it open 'cause it tends to close. Shows the same stress marks in the same places, wich is no biggie' like Prometheum5 stated above.

I say is a great toy, I'm very happy with it.

Is there any difference on the box between the reissue and the original? Just like to know so that if I see any on ebay, I'll know how to tell them apart.

I don't have a macro, so I can't take decent pictures of it, but I can say there's not much of a difference between the two editions. The elbow hatch is not glued down and that's about it. Not much of a gimmick either, you have to hold it open 'cause it tends to close. Shows the same stress marks in the same places, wich is no biggie' like Prometheum5 stated above.

325566[/snapback]

Nope, I didn't see any difference. My reissue has floppy arms, but it's quite a quick fix. Also has the usual stress marks on the pegs, almost tempted to wish they used magnets or steel pegs instead...

Is there any difference on the box between the reissue and the original?  Just like to know so that if I see any on ebay, I'll know how to tell them apart.

325566[/snapback]

325765[/snapback]

I have one, and I display it in Gerwalk mode all the time. I have not yet transformed it into battroid. It must be because I always dreamed of having a Monster! The loose arms bother me, but taht's is the only downside.

BTW, does anybody remember what scale are those little variable Bampresto VF-1? I have mine right next to the Monster, and it look about the right size in comparison.

Just wondering,

V!C

I have one, and I display it in Gerwalk mode all the time. I have not yet transformed it into battroid. It must be because I always dreamed of having a Monster! The loose arms bother me, but taht's is the only downside.

BTW, does anybody remember what scale are those little variable Bampresto VF-1? I have mine right next to the Monster, and it look about the right size in comparison.

Just wondering,

V!C

327437[/snapback]

I am petty sure they are 1/100 s well. Thanks for the idea, I had put mine away. Was'nt it finger nail polish that people were saying to use to make the joints stiff on those bandprestos?

Man...now I'm considering getting one. god damnit!

327444[/snapback]

You know you can't resist the temptation, go ahead and punish your wallet :lol:

A couple of pics to convince you:

post-557-1126395028_thumb.jpg

post-557-1126395075_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Come one phatslappy...... :)Ya know ya wanna.....everybody's doing it ,so...... you don't want to be...... the last one on your block, do you? :p J/K But seriously the reason it's cool is that it is something different then a transforming jet. And it looks BAD@$$ in the monster mode

Oh I forgot....the picts

post-97-1126401087_thumb.gif

Edited by Rune

hate to say this but I think tisinc (ebay) has the best price at the moment...and I mean the best price including shipping...but you can always try Ken (www.toy-wave.com - he's very...hmm 'leninet' on prices) or Kevin (valkyrie-exchange.com) or maybe Neova (PM him) ...perhaps Rob could be of some help (samurai-monkey...hmm...not sure what his address)...or just stop by at the delaers' thread in this forum and choose your seller or if you have time, just go ask around for a used one :p .

Regards

aaajin