New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

I'm not happy about having to remove pieces to transform it, and the fact that its larger then the 1/48's so that makes a good chance of it being more expensive....I'm starting to get really picky about things lately and this is certaintly one of 'em.

I'm passin up on this one.

I'm not happy about having to remove pieces to transform it, and the fact that its larger then the 1/48's so that makes a good chance of it being more expensive....I'm starting to get really picky about things lately and this is certaintly one of 'em.

335437[/snapback]

Buh? you do realize this is supposed to be a perfect transformation valk, unless I missed something. you sure your not mistaking this for the craptastic 1/100 version they canceled?

335437[/snapback]

uhhh.... you dont have to remove anything to transform it... perhaps you got the scrapped 1/100 version and this one mixed up. ;)

also, Yamato's will always be expensive as long as they remain the sole company producing quality macross products. If you think about it, even the 1/48 is overpriced... but that's the business... go into a niche market with a one of a kind product and you can demand a higher margin.

335437[/snapback]

The only parts you will need to remove if you so choose are the engine intake covers, just like on the 1/48 VF-1. Apart from that the 1/60 VF-0S will have perfect transformation just like the 1/48.

Actually, the 1/60 transformation should in theory be simpler, as the heatshield and hands do not retract (which IS anime accurate).

Graham

Hey Graham I actually think this might be cheaper than the 1/48...slightly cheaper. See the 1/48 was a monumental task by all involved, even if Nishikawa san made it seem easy, by all means it is a miracle of a toy considering all the VF-1 toys before it cannot even touch it aesthetically AND it is perfect variable.

The VF-0 is a simpler design and yamato as a company and as a business has had considerable growth since then, I doubt the growing pains associated with the 1/48 VF-1 will be experienced by the VF-0 design team. If anything the VF-0 should be easier to design, with less intricacies than the 1/48 VF-1. Also by now yamato is USED to making big toys...as evidenced by the scopedogs, 1/48, and qrau. So I think there is a chance this toy will be cheaper.

(not to mention and most importantly, the toy itself in size and transformation is similar to the 1/48....meaning that SOLID and nishikawa do not have to reinvent the wheel at this point, most of the hardwork*figuring out the transformation* is already done with!)

Hey Graham I actually think this might be cheaper than the 1/48...slightly cheaper.  See the 1/48 was a monumental task by all involved, even if Nishikawa san made it seem easy, by all means it is a miracle of a toy considering all the VF-1 toys before it cannot even touch it aesthetically AND it is perfect variable.

The VF-0 is a simpler design and yamato as a company and as a business has had considerable growth since then, I doubt the growing pains associated with the 1/48 VF-1 will be experienced by the VF-0 design team.  If anything the VF-0 should be easier to design, with less intricacies than the 1/48 VF-1.  Also by now yamato is USED to making big toys...as evidenced by the scopedogs, 1/48, and qrau.  So I think there is a chance this toy will be cheaper.

(not to mention and most importantly, the toy itself in size and transformation is similar to the 1/48....meaning that SOLID and nishikawa do not have to reinvent the wheel at this point, most of the hardwork*figuring out the transformation* is already done with!)

335543[/snapback]

yeah, the problem is would they want to sell their one-of-a-kind toy cheap to us? I doubt it....other factors can be set aside if theyre the only business in town and that the demand is high...Yamato rules

Cheaper? My goodness, that's some optimistic thinking! It seems to me that Yamato has been engaged in a funny little experiment where they try to determine just how ridiculously overpriced a toy has to be before the fans balk at buying. If you look at the pricing of some of their recent items (the scopedog accessories, the 1/48 GBP armor, and so on) it's clear that they're getting worse, not better.

Agreed,

I'll be happily shocked if the vf-0 is the same price as a 1/48. Like I said all of this stuff is overpriced but they have the right to when they basically have a monopoly on high quality macross toys.

Shin, Shin, Shin... always steadfast on yamato's side. Sometimes, I wonder what you're a bigger fan of, macross or yamato~ j/p :p

either way.... I'll say this again, this is the first valk I'm buying more than 2 of... If there's anything yamato listens to, it's $$$. Hopefully then they'll finally make a redesigned yf-19. :rolleyes:

Edited by Nani?!

Agreed,

I'll be happily shocked if the vf-0 is the same price as a 1/48. Like I said all of this stuff is overpriced but they have the right to when they basically have a monopoly on high quality macross toys.

Shin, Shin, Shin... always steadfast on yamato's side. Sometimes, I wonder what you're a bigger fan of, macross or yamato~ j/p  :p

either way.... I'll say this again, this is the first valk I'm buying more than 2 of... If there's anything yamato listens to, it's $$$.  Hopefully then they'll finally make a redesigned yf-19.  :rolleyes:

335578[/snapback]

Whoa dude are you kidding me? Seriously have you ever read some of my previous comments? I've been critical of yamato in the past, in fact when SP1 used to criticize yamato, I actually agreed with him when most of you disagreed, I was quite verbal about the qc issues and such. It don't hurt to be a little optimistic, I play fan and devils advocate a lot(see my posts around the tf sites and you'll definitley realize I do not have blind praise all the time).

It's been 4 years since yamato first started development of the 1/48. 4 years is a LOT to learn from....so granted this is why I assume that it will be easier design but also cheaper since ideally it should take significantly less time to design. (the only thing I can see prolonging release is sculpt approvals and revisions from kawamori).

I think prices will be about the same or more. You have to also remember Yamato need to cover the cost of their failed attempt of the 1/100 VF-0S. Not to mention we will be getting leg FPs, individual removable missles, and it also may be bigger than the VF-1.

I think prices will be about the same or more. You have to also remember Yamato need to cover the cost of their failed attempt of the 1/100 VF-0S. Not to mention we will be getting leg FPs, individual removable missles, and it also may be bigger than the VF-1.

335646[/snapback]

You guys just can't judge by mere size, the scopedog they put out was bigger than any macross toy they have ever released yet it is cheaper. And the qrau, look how much that costed.

And why the need to cover the failed attempt of the 1/100? It never came out, why pay for something that does not exist?

335646[/snapback]

You guys just can't judge by mere size, the scopedog they put out was bigger than any macross toy they have ever released yet it is cheaper. And the qrau, look how much that costed.

And why the need to cover the failed attempt of the 1/100? It never came out, why pay for something that does not exist?

335675[/snapback]

They need to cover cost on the 1/100 becos they spend time and money on developing something which never earn any revenue for them. They have to pay the sculptor for his time to develop the 1/100 prototypes.

I think the GBP may also play a factor in the price of the VF-0S. Most of us were shocked with the sudden jump from their 8000 Estimated price to 12000 retail. If the GBP sells well then Yamato could very well just charge the same or even more for the VF-0S as compared to the VF-1.

Anyway time will tell.

335646[/snapback]

335675[/snapback]

yeaaaa...

but it's still gonna cost about the same if not (and most likely) more.

wanna bet? :lol:

335646[/snapback]

335675[/snapback]

They need to cover cost on the 1/100 becos they spend time and money on developing something which never earn any revenue for them. They have to pay the sculptor for his time to develop the 1/100 prototypes.

I think the GBP may also play a factor in the price of the VF-0S. Most of us were shocked with the sudden jump from their 8000 Estimated price to 12000 retail. If the GBP sells well then Yamato could very well just charge the same or even more for the VF-0S as compared to the VF-1.

Anyway time will tell.

335702[/snapback]

Ya know he was probably paid in advance. And the thing is its totally different sculptors, SOLID and Nishikawa are taking on the 1/60, atelair sai took on the 1/100, I doubt that atelaer sai would have spent all that time sculpting something if he were not paid beforehand. He's a freelancer. Not to mention the 1/100 was sculpted probably 1 year or longer ago...its old news.

THe GPB is expensive due to the amount of small internal pieces sculpted. Tiny details like that cost more to tool molds for. From what I recollect yamato made every single missle removable on the thing, on the FAST pack set, some missles were bundled in pairs. It is easier and cheaper to mold 2 missles bundled than it is to do each seperately.

And guys I said SLIGHTLY cheaper, concerning the 1/60. If you guys thought I predicted this to be under 100$ then all of you are wrong. I am thinking more like 125$ USD.

I am basing all my estimates in the notion that yamato has grown as a company and has more technology, experience, and knowledgeable sculptors, as well as the fact that they know more now than they did before, and are not the virgin company they once were. These things do cost a pretty penny to produce, but with yamato's experiences from the past 4 years, I am sure they are pulling out every trick in the book to make this beast easier to produce.

It seems like all of you are basing your price estimates on the fact that it is just a couple centimeters longer than the 1/48 VF-1. I tend to think the toy has simpler transformation mechanisms which equates to much less small parts mold tooling and less small parts and hinges needed for transformation and a simpler transformation overall providing a simpler toy to produce in comparison with the 1/48. (and we all know getting the chest to sit flush in fighter mode while having a mechanism to slide the shield out and remain underneath the chest plate too was a hurdle for the team to overcome...as NOONE was able to do that until yamato came around~!)..

So who knows?

Yamato wouldn't overprice this thing, I mean yea they are no longer a virgin company new to the game but they aren't stupid either, overcharging could lead to no product being sold and potential bankruptcy. They know how takatoku ended up, and as far as I can tell, business wise and strategy wise, they have been making much sounder decisions in comparison to their predecessors.

335646[/snapback]

335675[/snapback]

Anyway time will tell.

335702[/snapback]

Ya know he was probably paid in advance. And the thing is its totally different sculptors, SOLID and Nishikawa are taking on the 1/60, atelair sai took on the 1/100, I doubt that atelaer sai would have spent all that time sculpting something if he were not paid beforehand. He's a freelancer. Not to mention the 1/100 was sculpted probably 1 year or longer ago...its old news.

THe GPB is expensive due to the amount of small internal pieces sculpted. Tiny details like that cost more to tool molds for. From what I recollect yamato made every single missle removable on the thing, on the FAST pack set, some missles were bundled in pairs. It is easier and cheaper to mold 2 missles bundled than it is to do each seperately.

And guys I said SLIGHTLY cheaper, concerning the 1/60. If you guys thought I predicted this to be under 100$ then all of you are wrong. I am thinking more like 125$ USD.

I am basing all my estimates in the notion that yamato has grown as a company and has more technology, experience, and knowledgeable sculptors, as well as the fact that they know more now than they did before, and are not the virgin company they once were. These things do cost a pretty penny to produce, but with yamato's experiences from the past 4 years, I am sure they are pulling out every trick in the book to make this beast easier to produce.

It seems like all of you are basing your price estimates on the fact that it is just a couple centimeters longer than the 1/48 VF-1. I tend to think the toy has simpler transformation mechanisms which equates to much less small parts mold tooling and less small parts and hinges needed for transformation and a simpler transformation overall providing a simpler toy to produce in comparison with the 1/48. (and we all know getting the chest to sit flush in fighter mode while having a mechanism to slide the shield out and remain underneath the chest plate too was a hurdle for the team to overcome...as NOONE was able to do that until yamato came around~!)..

So who knows?

Yamato wouldn't overprice this thing, I mean yea they are no longer a virgin company new to the game but they aren't stupid either, overcharging could lead to no product being sold and potential bankruptcy. They know how takatoku ended up, and as far as I can tell, business wise and strategy wise, they have been making much sounder decisions in comparison to their predecessors.

335720[/snapback]

:p

if yamato finds a way to produce these things easier and cheaper, it will financially benefit THEM, NOT US necessarily.

They charge $140 dollars already for a toy they dont even bother to panel line and tampo print important decals. This is possible because they DOMINATE basically because of the lack of choice in this market. I dunno how many times I gotta say this but yamato is a business. And a business is all about increasing margins. Yamato will most likely change nothing as far as price is concerned if they find a cheaper yet more efficient way of producing products. Customers go about expecting the same old, while the company increase margins to fill their pockets or invest in company expansion or OTHER projects like say for example, producing the yf-19 (another high potential seller)... :p

anyway... if this thing costs the SAME as a 1/48 it'll still be a generous gesture on yamato's part.

335646[/snapback]

335675[/snapback]

Anyway time will tell.

335702[/snapback]

So who knows?

335720[/snapback]

:p

if yamato finds a way to produce these things easier and cheaper, it will financially benefit THEM, NOT US necessarily.

They charge $140 dollars already for a toy they dont even bother to panel line and tampo print important decals. This is possible because they DOMINATE basically because of the lack of choice in this market. I dunno how many times I gotta say this but yamato is a business. And a business is all about increasing margins. Yamato will most likely change nothing as far as price is concerned if they find a cheaper yet more efficient way of producing products. Customers go about expecting the same old, while the company increase margins to fill their pockets or invest in company expansion or OTHER projects like say for example, producing the yf-19 (another high potential seller)... :p

anyway... if this thing costs the SAME as a 1/48 it'll still be a generous gesture on yamato's part.

335805[/snapback]

Dude I was probably the first one who said many times that yamato is not our friend and is a BUSINESS. Hell we have not even had a msrp listed and already people are saying it'll be just as pricey as the 1/48 based off of what Noel said.

I would not be surprised if it is the same price as the 1/48. However I also would not be surprised if it was a little bit cheaper. You cannot base estimates on size alone!

Sure yamato can charge what they want due to limited market choice, but who is to say bandai will not get a license for 1/55 scale macross zero toys? As unlikely as this is, they sure as hell got kawamori pretty quick for design approvals for their recently released aquerion toy. Whos to say they won't take a look at getting macross zero and his cooperation as well? Seems unlikely to me but you never know.

Yamato may charge what they want to get a high profit margin but they surely know if they charge too much, the japanese market won't budge. And THAT is their market they cater to, we merely get the remnants of it or a small portion of it. If the japanese market thinks it is too expensive there are other toys out there cheaper for them to buy, like the many gundam toys out in japan now. Like I said who knows, it wouldn't surprise me to see it be the same price as the 1/48, but it also would not surprise me to see it a LITTLE BIT CHEAPER!

And nothing benefits us at all really. Legally yamato cannot cater to macross fans outside japan, I wish it were not so but ever since the whole HG crap nothing has changed. The only thing that benefits us are the etailer friends such as Kev, Tam, and the others who contribute in getting these toys from suppliers in japan and selling them to us here.

We just have to wait and see.

why do we have to discuss about the price...Yamato wont listen to us about price do they?...-_-

335850[/snapback]

It's the macrossworld way... it we are not speculating then we are complaining. it's great fun. :p

Edited by eugimon

I'm just grateful there are macross toys being made. I hope the quality improves and stays high though. I'm willing to pay roughly a 1/48 price for this. It would seem pretty fair from my point of view just so long as the price is consistant with other toys they've done.

I thought the Qrau price was pretty high but got one anyway. I'm hoping that if something doesn't sell because it is out of the price range of many, that prices will slowly be put down to get to the sweet spot where everyone who wants one, manages to be able to get it. But at first they try to set it as high as they can to milk the early adopter of as much money they can.

I think if they spread the releases far apart, most people will just be able to scrape up the cash if they really want it. As long as the quality doesn't drop to toynami level I'll be happy.

Like what has already been said, when there is no competition they set the prices to whatever people will pay as opposed to whatever people think is a fair price. That's just greed and all businesses would do it if they have a monopoly.

why do we have to discuss about the price...Yamato wont listen to us about price do they?...-_-

335850[/snapback]

It's the macrossworld way... it we are not speculating then we are complaining. it's great fun. :p

335854[/snapback]

I thought a "price is right" game was about to break out. Guess as close as you can to the actual retail price without going over.

actually I just want more pics. Why are poeple talking rather than finding and posting more pics?

335646[/snapback]

335675[/snapback]

Anyway time will tell.

335702[/snapback]

335720[/snapback]

So you understand that the previous sculptor had to be paid. So tell us, wehre is the money coming from again Shin? :rolleyes:

So basically your saying the money from the 1/60 will partially go to the 1/100 sculptor.

We can presume that sculpting of the 1/100 took place either early 2004 or late 2003, at least started. With the final sculpt done by...well it never was done huh. Why would yamato wait till spring of 2006 when they presumably will get profit from the 1/60 to pay off atelair sai? That would mean he would have been paid nearly 2 years AFTER he started work on the 1/100. Why would they pay him later and not in advance? Sculpting is tedious work, and it would not make any sense for him to have to wait 2 years for payment on work that never got produced in mass like intended.

And there is NOT MUCH costs to cover for not making the damned 1/100, think about it the thing was probably not even done and we can presume that tools and molds were never cut. There isn't any proof of this yet, and all the pics we saw of it were either unpainted or painted resin protos. Ateliar sai would just need money to pay for his time and energy sculpting the proto. Which is nowhere near as much as it would be to cover tooling and mold creation with steel.

Look at the takara unicron figure from beast wars neo. It was never mass produced. Its not like the profit from armada unicron 3 years later was used to pay off the sculptor of the beast wars neo unicron. It just doesn't make any sense for a sculptor to wait 3 years to get paid on something that essentially DID not get produced! I would think he would be paid in advance. Like atelair sai was paid before hand to sculpt the VF-0. But since it never got produced, why would yamato pay him afterwards if they already paid him before?

And plus atelair sai has nothing to do with the 1.60, its nishikawa and SOLID.

And where did the money come from? From previous sales of course, where else would it come from? Profit from the 1/60 VF-0 wasnot around back then, it still isn't now and won't be till spring at the earliest. And again it does not make sense for them to keep ateliar sai waiting for a paycheck for 2 years.

Anyways I am hoping the nov/dec issues of dengeki, hj, or figure oh show some new pics, its loooking like a mighty nice toy!

Shin, a business is a business. If you think Yamato would just happily go along and spend money on failed projects with no intention of making money from other projects to cover it, then Yamato will go bankrupt. The fact is yamato had spend money on the 1/100 sculpt. We of course are not in that industry to know how much they have to pay the sculptors, which can be a lot for all we know. How do you know it doesn't cost much to pay the sculptors. Do you have the going rates that Sculptors demand in Japan. As they have incurred cost in the 1/100, Yamato will of course expect some of the revenue from the 1/60 line to cover the cost for their failed projects no matter who the sculptor is. Yes the 1/100 sculptor has already been paid which is a cost to Yamato. So tell me how do Yamato fund these dead cost. From a money tree? No they have to rely on other projects that are successful, like the VF-0 is it does comes out.

Also, in regards to the GBP, Yamato already plan removable missles when they estimate the cost to be 8000 Yen. Then all of a sudden a jump to 12000 Yen for their final price. We do not know the reason why they increase it. Could be due to increase in cost of materials or just Yamato want a higher profit margin as the GBP won't sell as many as the FPs and therefore the molds are not being utilise as much. If it's material cost than this would very well happen to the VF-0. Also not to mention with the VF-1 line Yamato are able to make more variants without much modifications. The Zero has less variants, without making modifications to the mold. So they won't be able to utilise the molds for the VF-0 as much as the VF-1. Therefore, they may want a higher profit margin.

Also, the VF-0 may not be as simple to create. Yes the transformation parts will be similar to the VF-1. But the heatshield may not be as easy to design as what most ppl think. It could actually be harder. The VF-1 they had to make sure it fit around the cockpit and hide inside the chest plate. With the VF-0 you have to make sure it fit flush on top in fighter mode and also make sure it fit nicely around the cockpit. We do not know how the new mechanism for the Heatshield will be.

Lastly, why would Yamato reduce cost when the VF-0 will be very similar to the VF-1. If it's proven that they can sell the VF-1 at that price why drop the price for the VF-0. And your estimate price of $125, err isn't that what retailers are charging for the VF-1 at the moment.

I don't want to turn this into a real heated debate, and valk1s you do have some really good points. i always figured the money to pay off the sculptor could be paid off by the profits they made off of the 1/48s many repaints. As you all know repaints are cheaper to produce yet rake in considerable profit. Think about it, they only needed to release the VF-1S once, but look how many times they did reissue it. I understand your cost covering explanation. I was just under the impression that a lot of you were being pessimistic and thinking this thing would skyrocket to 180-200$, it may not have been said, but thats what I percieved by some of you. Now granted, you need not tell me yamato is a business, by all means, thats what I was preaching eons back to last year when many of you would say something would sell and i would play devils advocate and list the reasons why yamato might not release something and how it might not make money.

And lastly I felt all these price estimates came from the day Noel listed what HE thought it would cost when he saw it in person at wonderfest.

Oh well we will only know for sure when it comes out, and even then its up to the etailers' discretion.

I mostly see VF-1s going for the 140$ range nowatdays.

I of course would want a cheaper valkyrie, WOULD NOT BE AT ALL SURPRISED IF IT ENDED UP BEING 150$ OR SAME YEN MSRP AS THE VF-1 1/48, but regardless it seems like some of you think this thing will skyrocket to a high ass price and have negative connotations about the price. I don't think the price will be absurd, some of you say yamato charges what they want, sure, I mean they are here to make money, but also a good business charges what they know customers will pay and to make a considerable profit, but they won't charge as much to TURN away the customer.

I didn't ever say I thought it would be cheap people, just a bit cheaper than the 1/48. And it was all speculation on my part.

If you charge WAYY too much for something, it'll sit on the shelf and gather dust and go into discount(Toynami VF-1 MPC line).

If you price something well, it well sell well for a while and not many will complain for price.(Yamato 1/48 and 1/60 VF-1 line).*And NO I am not implying that yamato will overcharge the 1/60 VF-0, I think it will be a justifyable price and again WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED if it was the same price as the 1/48 VF-1*

Now you tell me, who had the better business sense here?

*And NO I am not implying that yamato will overcharge the 1/60 VF-0, I think it will be a justifyable price and again WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED if it was the same price as the 1/48 VF-1*

Knowing very little about econmics (other than than college class) speculating on the price doesn't seem to help my/our pockets. <_< Design costs, avertisement, & demand are going to dictate the cost to us. Since their appears to be great interest in this and other Vfs in this series, well we'll wait and watch. i want several and hopefully it wont break my budget in acquiring these. i can't see paying more than 70 to 100 for each one. especially since the 1/48ths average 150 to 200. So will they be cheap? Probably not but will they (yamato) make YOU dig deep No. They have to do the research and test the market before they set a price. I'm saving up right now. My collection consists of 1/55s and 1/60s and i hope they continue making 1/60s.

NOW WHO HAS MORE PICS AND MORE INFO :lol:

Edited by Macross73

Yeah, agree with you there Shin that I doubt it will go way over the price on the 1/48. My opinion will be similar to the 1/48 just like the Koenig Monster. But we will just have to wait and see. Not gonna trust Yamato estimated prices this time, ie GBP :angry: Will wait for pre-order pricing from places like HLJ.

Now we need more pics of the battroid mode :)

Guys remember how the VF-11B was advertised as 1/72, but in reality upped to 1/68 to increase durability?

What if the VF-0, is advertised as 1/60, but in actuality closer to 1/57...or..

1/55?!!!

That is something I WOULDN't mind!*Keep staring at how marvelous the bandai reissues are*

Either way it'll be close to 1/55 regardless....sure a difference but its still gonna be a big toy, and I like big robots regardless of scale.

I really hope we get a Ghost drone to smack onto the VF-0's back.

I'm still waiting in vain for a Region-1 version of this show with decent subtitles. I'd settle for a Matrix-like "jack-in" lesson in Japanese. :)