Jump to content

Macross/Animation Cel Collection Thread


baronv

Recommended Posts

@trekker14:  Would advise against buying from this seller because their product most likely has vinegar syndrome (vs).  If you came within close physical proximity you would most likely smell an odor.  This odor that is emitted is the chemical gases being released and is often attributed to improper storage of the artwork.  This condition vs can be passed to other artworks if stored within the same vicinity.  Caveat emptor.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Fortress_Maximus said:

@trekker14:  Would advise against buying from this seller because their product most likely has vinegar syndrome (vs).  If you came within close physical proximity you would most likely smell an odor.  This odor that is emitted is the chemical gases being released and is often attributed to improper storage of the artwork.  This condition vs can be passed to other artworks if stored within the same vicinity.  Caveat emptor.

That’s what I thought. Thanks it’s not worth the risk 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2020 at 7:45 PM, Fortress_Maximus said:

@trekker14:  Would advise against buying from this seller because their product most likely has vinegar syndrome (vs).  If you came within close physical proximity you would most likely smell an odor.  This odor that is emitted is the chemical gases being released and is often attributed to improper storage of the artwork.  This condition vs can be passed to other artworks if stored within the same vicinity.  Caveat emptor.

It's sad to see them in such bad shape

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Nice DYRL Minmay douga. Congratulations! :)

While there are collectors selling globally there are not as many buyers who can or are willing to pay the high prices the artworks command.  So buy what you can if it meets your needs.  As for this thread you know there are less than six active Macross cel and artwork collectors, right? ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2020 at 9:43 AM, Fortress_Maximus said:

Nice DYRL Minmay douga. Congratulations! :)

While there are collectors selling globally there are not as many buyers who can or are willing to pay the high prices the artworks command.  So buy what you can if it meets your needs.  As for this thread you know there are less than six active Macross cel and artwork collectors, right? ;)

You mean less than 6 who speak english and use MWF :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

 Wow, this thread is still going!

Been out of the cel & Macross toy hobby for almost 9 yrs., but picked this up recently as a Christmas present...sleepy looking Hikaru/Rick in uniform.

First cel purchase since 2012!

If anyone can point me to what episode it might be from would be appreciated.

macross1.jpg

Edited by baronv
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, baronv said:

 Wow, this thread is still going!

Been out of the cel & Macross toy hobby for almost 9 yrs., but picked this up recently as a Christmas present...sleepy looking Hikaru/Rick in uniform.

First cel purchase since 2012!

If anyone can point me to what episode it might be from would be appreciated.

macross1.jpg

Well....you can start by skipping episodes 1-5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, baronv said:

 If anyone can point me to what episode it might be from would be appreciated.

macross1.jpg

OK....had a hunch and I was right!

Try Episode 8..."Longest Birthday"....21:13 mark....

 

Funny, I also found out that I also have at least one cel from the same episode!

I always thought it would be cool to pool MW collectors' cels and see if we could "re-tell" the story with as many cels from each episode that we collectively own...

Edited by jvmacross
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, jvmacross said:

OK....had a hunch and I was right!

Try Episode 8..."Longest Birthday"....21:13 mark....

 

Funny, I also found out that I also have at least one cel from the same episode!

I always thought it would be cool to pool MW collectors' cels and see if we could "re-tell" the story with as many cels from each episode that we collectively own...

Awesome, i'll check out the episode. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2019 at 6:20 PM, jvmacross said:

Doing some organizing of my collection and found a Milky Dolls cel from the PS game Macross Digital Mission VFX......forgotten I even had it! :wacko:

 

large.20190509_200012.jpg.63a189c45efb8a

 

At around the 1:32 mark in the video....

 

 

 

Oh wow, I have cel from this sequence too. I never did know the actual video it came from until now.

mw.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2021 at 10:20 PM, jvmacross said:

Macross Plus YF-21....cel and douga

 

large.thumbnail_20210114_140505.jpg.a4a7

 

large.thumbnail_20210114_140519.jpg.df6e

Nice!!! I rarely see cels of the valks. Most of the ones I have are of characters except for 1 DYRL cel I have. Which reminds me I need to take pictures and post them. Thanks for sharing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vsim said:

Nice!!! I rarely see cels of the valks. Most of the ones I have are of characters except for 1 DYRL cel I have. Which reminds me I need to take pictures and post them. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks...and please do!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alright, I finally took a few minutes to take pictures of my cels. I appologize for the reflections, they are a little hard to get rid of. All are framed and mounted archival grade. No tape is touching the cels to hold them in place. I had the frames made online and shipped to me and then I mounted everything.

This is my oldest one. I got this at Otakon in 1998 when I barely knew much about Macross after only having recently realized how it differed from the "other" show I watched when I was a kid. So I got Shoji Kawamori to sign it at the time. He suggested he could draw a mustache on it and I didn't quite get the joke until later when I realize he did the mechanical aspects of the show, lol. Well, you live you learn!

PXL_20210131_174343293.thumb.jpg.e35287da74e41f547b0ebfc85ecb6d89.jpg

DYRL of course! Glad I managed to find this one, I forget where I got it.

PXL_20210131_174444209.thumb.jpg.4780724f5f34619267544b3d01a25409.jpg

Misa TV series. If anyone knows which episode this is from I'd appreciate it!

PXL_20210131_174408673.thumb.jpg.3144a1781e9623633852ed4aea648980.jpg

And of course Macross 7! :D

PXL_20210131_174609994.thumb.jpg.6784a1dab0d4d6a89eee1f28b7edc32b.jpg

PXL_20210131_174516726.thumb.jpg.33c73da17cc1798f1a2bf6cda374808c.jpg

PXL_20210131_174545739.thumb.jpg.9a9c7fcc5d20a024bd3bbe8926446d97.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...