Macross/Animation Cel Collection Thread

baronv

@trekker14:  Would advise against buying from this seller because their product most likely has vinegar syndrome (vs).  If you came within close physical proximity you would most likely smell an odor.  This odor that is emitted is the chemical gases being released and is often attributed to improper storage of the artwork.  This condition vs can be passed to other artworks if stored within the same vicinity.  Caveat emptor.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

14 minutes ago, Fortress_Maximus said:

@trekker14:  Would advise against buying from this seller because their product most likely has vinegar syndrome (vs).  If you came within close physical proximity you would most likely smell an odor.  This odor that is emitted is the chemical gases being released and is often attributed to improper storage of the artwork.  This condition vs can be passed to other artworks if stored within the same vicinity.  Caveat emptor.

That’s what I thought. Thanks it’s not worth the risk 

On 9/11/2020 at 7:45 PM, Fortress_Maximus said:

It's sad to see them in such bad shape

• 2 months later...

Nice DYRL Minmay douga. Congratulations! :)

While there are collectors selling globally there are not as many buyers who can or are willing to pay the high prices the artworks command.  So buy what you can if it meets your needs.  As for this thread you know there are less than six active Macross cel and artwork collectors, right? ;)

On 12/4/2020 at 9:43 AM, Fortress_Maximus said:

Nice DYRL Minmay douga. Congratulations! :)

While there are collectors selling globally there are not as many buyers who can or are willing to pay the high prices the artworks command.  So buy what you can if it meets your needs.  As for this thread you know there are less than six active Macross cel and artwork collectors, right? ;)

You mean less than 6 who speak english and use MWF :)

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, this thread is still going!

Been out of the cel & Macross toy hobby for almost 9 yrs., but picked this up recently as a Christmas present...sleepy looking Hikaru/Rick in uniform.

First cel purchase since 2012!

If anyone can point me to what episode it might be from would be appreciated.

macross1.jpg

Edited by baronv

20 minutes ago, baronv said:

Wow, this thread is still going!

Been out of the cel & Macross toy hobby for almost 9 yrs., but picked this up recently as a Christmas present...sleepy looking Hikaru/Rick in uniform.

First cel purchase since 2012!

macross1.jpg

Well....you can start by skipping episodes 1-5

41 minutes ago, baronv said:

macross1.jpg

OK....had a hunch and I was right!

Try Episode 8..."Longest Birthday"....21:13 mark....

Funny, I also found out that I also have at least one cel from the same episode!

I always thought it would be cool to pool MW collectors' cels and see if we could "re-tell" the story with as many cels from each episode that we collectively own...

Edited by jvmacross

18 hours ago, jvmacross said:

OK....had a hunch and I was right!

Try Episode 8..."Longest Birthday"....21:13 mark....

Funny, I also found out that I also have at least one cel from the same episode!

I always thought it would be cool to pool MW collectors' cels and see if we could "re-tell" the story with as many cels from each episode that we collectively own...

Awesome, i'll check out the episode. Thanks!

On 5/9/2019 at 6:20 PM, jvmacross said:

Doing some organizing of my collection and found a Milky Dolls cel from the PS game Macross Digital Mission VFX......forgotten I even had it! :wacko:

large.20190509_200012.jpg.63a189c45efb8a

At around the 1:32 mark in the video....

Oh wow, I have cel from this sequence too. I never did know the actual video it came from until now.

mw.jpg

On 1/20/2021 at 10:20 PM, jvmacross said:

Macross Plus YF-21....cel and douga

large.thumbnail_20210114_140505.jpg.a4a7

large.thumbnail_20210114_140519.jpg.df6e

Nice!!! I rarely see cels of the valks. Most of the ones I have are of characters except for 1 DYRL cel I have. Which reminds me I need to take pictures and post them. Thanks for sharing!

Alright, I finally took a few minutes to take pictures of my cels. I appologize for the reflections, they are a little hard to get rid of. All are framed and mounted archival grade. No tape is touching the cels to hold them in place. I had the frames made online and shipped to me and then I mounted everything.

This is my oldest one. I got this at Otakon in 1998 when I barely knew much about Macross after only having recently realized how it differed from the "other" show I watched when I was a kid. So I got Shoji Kawamori to sign it at the time. He suggested he could draw a mustache on it and I didn't quite get the joke until later when I realize he did the mechanical aspects of the show, lol. Well, you live you learn!

PXL_20210131_174343293.thumb.jpg.e35287da74e41f547b0ebfc85ecb6d89.jpg

DYRL of course! Glad I managed to find this one, I forget where I got it.

PXL_20210131_174444209.thumb.jpg.4780724f5f34619267544b3d01a25409.jpg

Misa TV series. If anyone knows which episode this is from I'd appreciate it!

PXL_20210131_174408673.thumb.jpg.3144a1781e9623633852ed4aea648980.jpg

And of course Macross 7! :D

PXL_20210131_174609994.thumb.jpg.6784a1dab0d4d6a89eee1f28b7edc32b.jpg

PXL_20210131_174516726.thumb.jpg.33c73da17cc1798f1a2bf6cda374808c.jpg

PXL_20210131_174545739.thumb.jpg.9a9c7fcc5d20a024bd3bbe8926446d97.jpg