Macross 7 Series

Well thinking about it now, yeah you are probably right. Something made me realiase something. I think one of the reason why the pilots in Macross SDF-1 seris where so much better...is that a bigger percentage of them had previous combat experiences during the UN/Anti goverment war.

I tend to disagree. Only a handful of SDF Macross pilots had decent level of combat experience. Remember that most of the good pilots died in the civil war.

In Macross i feel that there is such a big gap between the experienced aces and the rookies, you can be either one. Not much in the way of 'regular' or junior 'veterans' skills.

There is no reason to watch Macross7, unless you are training to become a totaly worthless pussy... If that is the case, then M7 is the SHOW FOR YOU.

What took you so long A1? I'm not impressed....

:lol::lol::lol:

...i see wot u mean about A1 now.

Well i get the feeling from ur guys posts that im just gonna get frustrated then force myself to painfully watch all 52 episodes. I pass for now. Maybe someday i will. Dling takes foreva fro me coz i can only dial up between 7pm and 7am. ha! Its actually cheaper for me to buy dvds then to dl bB)) !!!

I see there's a Macross 7 Dynamite OVA, only 4 episodes, does that also come with A1's high stamp of approval? ;)

The "Movie" is actually just an episode... No idea why its called a "Movie." But as far as Dynamite goes, well most people say it sucked worse that M7, but I feel it met the "homo-pussy" standard that the regular M7 set.

I mean if some is a total sissy, lame-ass, closet case, who has absolutely no tendancy twards agression or any other successfull tendancy they can smoke-pole to both, M7 and M7 Dynamite.

walk by a mirror doorknob again? 

fixed 

? I dont get the doorknob thing.....?

Let's just say that Agent ONE has an unhealthy degree of affection for said devices, and never speak of it again.

Umm.... call me weird but Im curious now...

Mff...

Can't find the thread.

This is from memory, and not guaranteed 100% accurate.

Someone had someone leaving stuff on a board member's porch around Christmas. He was creeped out.

Agent ONE suggested that once the gift-giver's identity was known, he should start masturbating onto the person's doorknob, leaving his own kind of present behind.

Needless to say, it's not something anyone forgot.

Ok, for those new, let me tell the story of:

THE LEGEND OF AGENT ONE'S "DOORNOB FETTISH"

Way back a Decemberween or so ago, one of the board members (I forget who) posted about some "Secret Santas" or what-not, ringing his doorbell then leaving him small gifts. This creaped him out a little bit, so he asked us for advice. Agent One, being the wise ol' sage that he is, recommended leaving a certain bodily fluid on the doornob, to deter them from comming back(no pun intended ;) .) So everyone added to that their own version of "WTF, mate?" and has not let it drop for some time.

The End

PS: Dammit, JBO beat me too it. And I put effort into making it all funny-like!

Edited by Wes

Way back a Decemberween or so ago, one of the board members (I forget who) posted about some "Secret Santas" or what-not, ringing his doorbell then leaving him small gifts. This creaped him out a little bit, so he asked us for advice. Agent One, being the wise ol' sage that he is, recommended leaving a certain bodily fluid on the doornob, to deter them from comming back(no pun intended ;) .) So everyone added to that their own version of "WTF, mate?" and has not let it drop for some time.

The End

FINALLY someone explained this. That must have been like two or three years ago.

AgentOne first popped up during one of my breaks from the board and when I came back everyone was like "doorknobs this" and "doorknobs that".

Maybe we ought to catalogue all the MW in-jokes. Like, "Yoshinol" and "HBAR HBAR HBAR".

I see there's a Macross 7 Dynamite OVA, only 4 episodes

High quality of animation, bizarre storyline and plot elements, more quasi-pedophilic fanservice. I can't remember if the combat action per se is especially interesting.

I enjoyed it, but it's about the farthest out there of all the incongruous genre-busting in Macross-land.

The End

Finally I am enlightened yet at the same time highly disturbed. :unsure:

The Macross 7 fence that everyone throws a fit over amounts to this:

-Some Macross fans consider Macross as a whole to be a suedo realistic war story about mecha

-Some Macross fans consider Macross to be an ant-war love story that showcases the power of love & the ability to share your emotions through music (that also has cool mecha).

As such one side easily accepts 7, while the other does not. Regardless, since FX is now gone, pick up those 2 Macross 7 sets anywhere you can find them, otherwise they & their extra's will be gone forever (save for buying the actual R2 DVD's).

Way back a Decemberween or so ago, one of the board members (I forget who) posted about some "Secret Santas" or what-not, ringing his doorbell then leaving him small gifts.  This creaped him out a little bit, so he asked us for advice.  Agent One, being the wise ol' sage that he is, recommended leaving a certain bodily fluid on the doornob, to deter them from comming back(no pun intended ;) .)  So everyone added to that their own version of "WTF, mate?" and has not let it drop for some time.

The End

PS: Dammit, JBO beat me too it.  And I put effort into making it all funny-like!

Such is the nature of the being we know as Agent ONE.

The Macross 7 fence that everyone throws a fit over amounts to this:

-Some Macross fans consider Macross as a whole to be a suedo realistic war story about mecha

-Some Macross fans consider Macross to be an ant-war love story that showcases the power of love & the ability to share your emotions through music (that also has cool mecha).

As such one side easily accepts 7, while the other does not. Regardless, since FX is now gone, pick up those 2 Macross 7 sets anywhere you can find them, otherwise they & their extra's will be gone forever (save for buying the actual R2 DVD's).

I'll add this if other guys agree.

-Some Macross fans consider Macross to be a show that features both nice war stories that include love stories & a lot of music AND very cool mechs design and battles. (Those two factor are both important and neither of the two must be weak in the show.)

In M7 both factor are IMO weak, the war/mech side is poor, and the story/love/music have a too silly rappresentation, thats make the show a crappy Macross.

I saw M7 if you wonder, I saw ALL, series, encores, oav, fotsw and "movie" I watched also SDFM, dyrl, flashback, mII, M+ (movie and oav) and Zero.

So we're already at the phase where people are tossing their opinions of the show back and forth in complete disregard of what the thread was originally about?

Way back a Decemberween or so ago, one of the board members (I forget who) posted about some "Secret Santas" or what-not, ringing his doorbell then leaving him small gifts.  This creaped him out a little bit, so he asked us for advice.  Agent One, being the wise ol' sage that he is, recommended leaving a certain bodily fluid on the doornob, to deter them from comming back(no pun intended ;) .)  So everyone added to that their own version of "WTF, mate?" and has not let it drop for some time.

The End

PS: Dammit, JBO beat me too it.  And I put effort into making it all funny-like!

You guys have to look at every problem in 3 ways:

The Right way to handle things (usually also known as the Pussy's way)

The Wrong way to handle things

And the Agent ONE way of handling things.

Here is an example:

A guy insults you in mixed company, what do you do?

The right thing to do would to just shrug it off and just take it. The wrong thing to do would be to punch him in the face, this IS tempting but you end up looking like a dick. The Agent ONE way would be to start maniacly laughing so hard that people forget the insult all together, and wonder what the hell is wrong with you, then get really close to the guy and keep the crazy laugh up. Just when he is wondering what the hell you are going to do, lick his forehead, once he reels back in horror, tell him you fuct his girlfriend in the ass (he doesn't even need to have a girlfirend for this to work). Lemme tell you, if you do this right, nobody will remember a thing about the night except for that.

The End

Here is an example:

The right thing to do would to just shrug it off and just take it. The wrong thing to do would be to punch him in the face, this IS tempting but you end up looking like a dick. The Agent ONE way would be to start maniacly laughing so hard that people forget the insult all together, and wonder what the hell is wrong with you, then get really close to the guy and keep the crazy laugh up. Just when he is wondering what the hell you are going to do, lick his forehead, once he reels back in horror, tell him you fuct his girlfriend in the ass (he doesn't even need to have a girlfirend for this to work). Lemme tell you, if you do this right, nobody will remember a thing about the night except for that.

hmm... I take it you've done this already? :huh::p:D:lol:

So we're already at the phase where people are tossing their opinions of the show back and forth in complete disregard of what the thread was originally about?

I'm surprised it took this long.

Listed in preferred order, apparently...

From the bottom up!

Isn't the Agent ONE-way, the wrong way, only faster*? :p

*See reference: Simpsons episode 1013 AABF09, "Homer to the Max".

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: doods.

ok A1 ur whacked, but i likes.

hmm i thought the whole doorknob thing keeping one busy was insulting as in basically calling the other person gay coz he keeps himself busy with knobs...

glad to be enlightened now...

Ok i was thinking of trying dynamite, but i think ill pass all together, until some time in far off distant furture. Until that day, i wont occupy myself by jizzing on ppls doorknobs.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: doods.

ok A1 ur whacked, but i likes.

hmm i thought the whole doorknob thing keeping one busy was insulting as in basically calling the other person gay coz he keeps himself busy with knobs...

glad to be enlightened now...

Sadly, it's far more literal than that.

The End

Here is an example:

your views intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

The Cannon Fodder fight scnes in Super Dimensinal Fortress Macross was waaaay more cooler, where one really gets a feeling of the high tense space combat going on. In M7 thous...its like pretty lame, makes one wonder where the heck the pilots learned to fly. You will notice that specially if you have seen how a VF-11 should be handled.

- Jin

They graduated from Cannon fodder University. :lol:

Hmm... A newsletter. I could do that. I think I could really help some people out doing that. Funny you guys mention this. This is exactly how I got my radio show in college. People were hearing me talk about my life phiosophies, exercise, CROM, and how to handle relationships, and one of the guys said "hey man, you want your own radio show!?" It was pretty fun.

Lemme think about it.