Revenge of the Sith

The psychological results of the battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin were probably more greivous than the physical ones too. Anakin's overconfidence cost him the fight, his limbs, his wife and baby(ies). In my mind, at least, after this fight he just got mentally shot to hell and it stunted his growth in Force power, sure his bionic limbs worked at least as well as his own but he lost. This was perfect for the emperor, mentally beaten and subservient Vader is what the Emperor wanted right from the get go.

At least that is my take on things.

I love Star Wars, what a neat story :)

Just ask yourself if you had done all Anakin had done and been through what he had been through by the end of EP III how would you feel. Personally i would hate myself and the emporer for the lies and deciet. I would feel disgusted with myself for killing the one i love and would not want to live.. Unfortunately im still being kept alive inside an infernal machine. The only reason vader stayed areound i think is vengance, which he got in ROTJ.

vader didn't know he'd been lied to. Even at the end where the palps lies again and says vader killed her by choking, he ate that up too. I think palps had successfully stripped away all his good qualities leaving hatred, anger and a lust for power.

vader didn't know he'd been lied to. Even at the end where the palps lies again and says vader killed her by choking, he ate that up too. I think palps had successfully stripped away all his good qualities leaving hatred, anger and a lust for power.

I don't think Palpatine was lying to Vader when he said that Vader had killed Padme. To the best of his knowledge that was the case. All Palpatine knows is that Vader chocked her, and that Obi-Wan rushed off with her. . . and that she died. In the book, Obi-Wan and Yoda even have the foresight to make it look (at the funeral) like she died while still pregnant.

How is Palpatine to know that she got to medical care that "repaired all the physical damage". . . but she just "lost the will to live."

In fact, unless Vader was able to tell him some things before or durin his rebuilding procedure, I'm not even sure how the Emperor knows anything about Padme. But he had to know something in order to tell Vader anything that would jive with what Vader actually recalls. Maybe news has already been transmitted to Naboo or Coruscant that their Senator is dead?

H

Edited by Hurin

Well he was kind of hitting himself with the lighting too, I guess he was to stunned to react.

Yeah he was hitting himself. And the shock of your apprentice turning on you is probably enough. Heck, all of his previous apprentices were whacked by Jedis...

This was perfect for the emperor, mentally beaten and subservient Vader is what the Emperor wanted right from the get go.

I call it 20 years of guilt and denial....

I have to wonder why in ROTJ, Palps didn't say anything to Luke like "He killed your mother, strike him down!" That might have been enough to send Luke over the edge. Maybe they're saving that for the super extended paltinum edition edit.

Luke never knew his mother so there was no attachment. And Luke had accepted that Vader wan't a monster but a lost soul. So I don't know if any of that would have worked. The alternative was to use his friends.

Padme died of a broken heart, so Anikin DID kill her.

FROM a certain point of view. :lol:

Yeah, I wondered if that was valid. . . but I think Palpatine says: "In your anger. . . you killed her."

So, I think he was most likely referring to his fit of rage where he strangled her. But you could also say it was his anger that turned him towards the Dark Side, or that she died because of the hurt she felt when he turned on him and finally showed his true nature by choking her "in his anger."

Padme died of a broken heart, so Anikin DID kill her.

FROM a certain point of view. :lol:

Yeah, I wondered if that was valid. . . but I think Palpatine says: "In your anger. . . you killed her."

So, I think he was most likely referring to his fit of rage where he strangled her. But you could also say it was his anger that turned him towards the Dark Side, or that she died because of the hurt she felt when he turned on him and finally showed his true nature by choking her "in his anger."

Her broken heart was a product of his anger/choking her.

Well, I saw it finally and wasn't moved.

Ya know... I have similar feelings to this Episode III, the prequel Trilogy in general... as I do to Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns sequel. Here you have an obviously talented individual that manged to generate... something... which just stuns me in its capacity to underwhelm me... whatever. At least its all done now. I hope. :unsure:

That's all I got to say. Godspeed to all those who dug it, but I think this link says it all rather nicely...

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3

post-26-1117825403_thumb.jpg

Edited by Amped

That's all I got to say. Godspeed to all those who dug it, but I think this link says it all rather nicely...

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3

Haha! I was waiting for the "bestpage" review! I'm sure it will be right on the money.

I'll reserve judgement, of course, until I see it - sometime next week. I'm in no hurry after the disappointments of Eps. I & II, so maybe I'll have to wait for the DVD release.

I'll reserve judgement, of course, until I see it - .

Oh come now...I think we can all predict your review with a fair degree of accuracy. But hey, feign openmindedness if it make you happy. It's not as if you have a vested interest in continued prequel bashing.

I'll reserve judgement, of course, until I see it - sometime next week. I'm in no hurry after the disappointments of Eps. I & II, so maybe I'll have to wait for the DVD release.

You will hate it, because you are a tard.

Oh come now...I think we can all predict your review with a fair degree of accuracy. But hey, feign openmindedness if it make you happy. It's not as if you have a vested interest in continued prequel bashing.

What a surprise, BSU can't avoid getting upset about my opinion even though I haven't even expressed it yet, having NOT seen the film.

Is this the part where I get the speech about "expectations and keeping an open mind?". I've already stated several times that my hope is that I'll actually like this film, so take your opinion bashing elsewhere.

Haha. I know you've already stated not to take any of your posts seriously.

In the meantime, keep working on that self-esteem issue. The last couple of your posts have been completely devoid of self-inflating ego trips.

What a surprise, BSU can't avoid getting upset about my opinion even though I haven't even expressed it yet, having NOT seen the film.

Au contraire, I'm not the least bit upset and I can't see where you'd get that impression from my post. I was merely echoing Agent ONE's sentiments, albeit in a somewhat more tactful manner. If anybody is "upset" I'd suggest it would be yourself, as its pretty clear you like to paint yourself as somehow "persecuted" by those of us who don't share your less-than-glowing appraisal of the PT.

But like you said, we'll see what happens.

Au contraire, I'm not the least bit upset and I can't see where you'd get that impression from my post. I was merely echoing Agent ONE's sentiments, albeit in a somewhat more tactful manner. If anybody is "upset" I'd suggest it would be yourself, as its pretty clear you like to paint yourself as somehow "persecuted" by those of us who don't share your less-than-glowing appraisal of the PT.

But like you said, we'll see what happens.

I'm not upset in the slightest. I expect the apologists to start tactlessly crying and insulting whenever I post anything about the prequels. :p

By all means "persecute" away. It apparently makes Agent ONE feel better about himself (I think he needs it).

Just talked to a friend and we're now aiming to perhaps catch a screening of the IMAX version at my local theater sometime next week. Should look good on the big screen!

Haha. I know you've already stated not to take any of your posts seriously.

In the meantime, keep working on that self-esteem issue. The last couple of your posts have been completely devoid of self-inflating ego trips.

I hope someday you meet me in person.

I hope someday you meet me in person.

Another hilarious post. The "Internet threat" of meeting face to face to fight over an internet forum discussion - always a timeless (and manly) classic that doesn't come across as moronic in the slightest.

EDIT: Unless of course we're meeting to show off Macross collections! :p

Edited by Majestic

I expect the apologists to start tactlessly crying and insulting whenever I post anything about the prequels.

Ah yes, the "apologist" card. If this wasn't an internet discussion, I'd be willing to wager that you don't have the slightest clue as to how I would appraise either of the preceeding prequels.*

*look ma, alliteration!

Another hilarious post. The "Internet threat" of meeting face to face to fight over an internet forum discussion - always a timeless (and manly) classic that doesn't come across as moronic in the slightest.

EDIT: Unless of course we're meeting to show off Macross collections! :p

He's not threatening you at all. He's merely stating that, were you to meet him in person, you'd see that he's exactly the same person that he appears to be here on MW. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is, of course, still open to debate.

H

EDIT: Unless of course we're meeting to show off Macross collections!  :p

He's not threatening you at all. He's merely stating that, were you to meet him in person, you'd see that he's exactly the same person that he appears to be here on MW. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is, of course, still open to debate.

H

Yep, Hurin knows me. I just would like to have a face to face conversation. Not a threat at all.

Yep, Hurin knows me.  I just would like to have a face to face conversation.  Not a threat at all.

Sounds fine to me. Maybe we could see Sith? :p

Agent, what did I tell you about cruising for ass on the message boards?

I have to wonder why in ROTJ, Palps didn't say anything to Luke like "He killed your mother, strike him down!" That might have been enough to send Luke over the edge. Maybe they're saving that for the super extended paltinum edition edit.

Luke never knew his mother so there was no attachment. And Luke had accepted that Vader wan't a monster but a lost soul. So I don't know if any of that would have worked. The alternative was to use his friends.

hold! hold! That reminds me how in Jedi does Leia say that she remembers her mother?

LUKE

Leia... do you remember your mother? Your

real mother?

LEIA

Just a little bit. She died when I was very

young.

LUKE

What do you remember?

LEIA

Just...images, really. Feelings.

LUKE

Tell me.

LEIA

(a little surprised at his insistence)

She was very beautiful. Kind, but...sad.

(looks up) Why are you asking me all this?

He looks away.

LUKE

I have no memory of my mother. I never knew

her.

And did Owen being Obi-wan's brother come from the original script for Revenge of the Jedi??? I found this on several websites

BEN

Your insight serves you well. Bury your

feelings deep down, Luke. They do you credit.

But they could be made to serve the Emperor.

Luke looks into the distance, trying to comprehend all this.

BEN (continuing his narrative)

When your father left, he didn't know your

mother was pregnant. Your mother and I knew

he would find out eventually, but we wanted

to keep you both as safe as possible, for as

long as possible. So I took you to live with

my brother Owen on Tatooine... and your mother

took Leia to live as the daughter of Senator

Organa, on Alderaan.

???

according to the sites that was from the second draft of Revenge of the Jedi (what would become Return of the Jedi), of course the first part about Leia remembering her mother is actually in the movie.

Yep, Hurin knows me.  I just would like to have a face to face conversation.  Not a threat at all.

Sounds fine to me. Maybe we could see Sith? :p

Agent, what did I tell you about cruising for ass on the message boards?

You told me I don't need to because YOU are the biggest ass here. HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA.

Thanks for reminding me.

And did Owen being Obi-wan's brother come from the original script for Revenge of the Jedi??? I found this on several websites

Luke looks into the distance, trying to comprehend all this.

BEN (continuing his narrative)

When your father left, he didn't know your

mother was pregnant. Your mother and I knew

he would find out eventually, but we wanted

to keep you both as safe as possible, for as

long as possible. So I took you to live with

my brother Owen on Tatooine... and your mother

took Leia to live as the daughter of Senator

Organa, on Alderaan.

???

according to the sites that was from the second draft of Revenge of the Jedi (what would become Return of the Jedi), of course the first part about Leia remembering her mother is actually in the movie.

Ahh, well, that part made it to the "Return of the Jedi" novelization by James Kahn. Also in the Kahn novelization was (a brief mention) of Anakin and Obi-wan's climactic battle over the lava. When I saw the ROTS trailers, I knew (sort of) what was to come. The ROTJ novel had Anakin actually falling into the molten pit and "clawing his way out of that fiery pool" and the change [to the dark side] being burned into him forever.

Anakin with less arms and legs means an Anakin with less Medichlorwhaters....

They were chopped off of him.

Throws toy light saber at fanboys and quickly runs off......... :p

They had to have ripped off Parasite Eve with that midchlorian thing.

midicholrian, mitochondira, those words sure look alike.

Anakin with less arms and legs means an Anakin with less Medichlorwhaters....

They were chopped off of him. 

Throws toy light saber at fanboys and quickly runs off.........    :p

They had to have ripped off Parasite Eve with that midchlorian thing.

midicholrian, mitochondira, those words sure look alike.

Uh, Parasite Eve didn't invent mitochondria.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=mitochondria

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondria

Video games didn't invent the world.