Star Wars Ep3.....The game

Does anybody have the game? I am wondering whether to buy it or not but nobody has reviewed it anywhere which is odd for such a hypped game!!!!!!

This makes me think that LucasArts dod not ship any copies to the gaming industry magazines and websites because they know it sucks and they are preventing the impending negative reviews from impacting sales. :angry::angry:

Could this be another Enter the Matrix????????????

Yeah diffenetly wrong forum, but I picked up the game and from the looks of screen caps the game looks much better compared to Jedi Academy.

It's just the movie all wrapped up into an intensified video game variation, plus it'll carry bonus material from the movie and is a co-op (not sure if in the game story itself) with bonus missions and what not.

If you can't wait for the movie which is really only two weeks away exactly to this date, then I suggest getting the game, they'll both have their differences, but atleast you wont feel like your going nuts....unless your a SW nut to begin with.

But I diffenetly will be playing it when I get home tonight after working out and what not.

I've played through the first few stages, and while it is cool for the movie content, just reminds me of an old single player Konami Ninja Turtle styled hack & slash where you're lead by the nuts on where to go the whole time.

Maybe i've just become too jaded by games like Ratchet & Clank & Jak, but I like a litlte more control in what I do.

It's not a bad game, I might just play it again for a few more minutes cause I haven't gotten passed the Count Dooku fight and I'm itchin to finish that.

The cut scenes are straight from the movie and alot of the game material is as well. Its also some what frightening to see how much effort the game designers put into the actors game figure model and the music and sfx's are great.

I thought it sucked so hard it was gonna swallow. Definitely not worth the $34.99 (Fry's) I paid for it.

The game reminds me of that Episode I game I played on PC, except the graphics were not as good aesthetically, and the controls were awful too. They tried to throw some RPG elements in it by giving your Jedi experience points which you can trade in to buy skills and move upgrades, but EA implemented that much better with their LOTR games.

With Dooku you just have to be very defensive and block 90% of the time, and force lift him after blocking his string of attacks and do a jump attack on him. Definitely not a well-designed boss. He reminds me of the final boss from Clock Tower 3, which was all mechanical and takes forever to kill.

If you MUST see some Ep 3 footage you can't find anywhere else then it'll do, but considering the whole movie is already floating around online, I don't see the point of shelling out the cash for bits and pieces while having to suffer through some rather tedious levels/bosses to unlock them.

The worst part was the music. While the Episode 1 action game used music from/inspired by Williams' score for Episode I, this Ep 3 game relies on music from the othe 5 movies for its bulk of soundtrack. That takes me out of the environment a lot since I am too familiar with the scenes these cues recall.

65 out of 100. I think the ability to play all the other "duellists" in multiplayer mode is probably its only saving grace.

Added: Forgot to mention, General Grievious was nowhere nearly as cool and scary as he was in Clone Wars. He walked and moved more like Yoda in ESB and doesn't sound like a badass at all. Voice casting for him could have been much, much better...

Edited by Jolly Rogers

Maybe i've just become too jaded by games like Ratchet & Clank & Jak, but I like a litlte more control in what I do.

Try playing it after just coming off of God of War. Now I think all action games should use the right analogue stick for doing rolls!

I would have to say that I am, in fact, a little dissapointed with it. I mean, this is the game that they were billing as "the ultimate Jedi experience." And while it might be a little unfair to compare the game to God of War, I can't help but think that a Star Wars game that played more like GoW with silky smooth combat, force powers you could pick up as you progress through the game, and some interesting platforming would be more of an ultimate Jedi experience.

Keith's comparison to the old Ninja Turtles games is actually spot on, though. The game really doesn't have any platforming elements at all, and as he already mentioned, there's pretty much a single path through the levels. By themselves, the levels would be short, but like those old beat-'em-ups, the idea is that you take a few steps, kill a bunch of enemies, take a few more steps, kill more enemies, and keep ond doing that until you finish the stage.

Once you accept the game for what it is instead of what it could have been, it's actually actually not that bad. Killing droids in this game is fun like killing hordes of guys is in Dynasty Warriors. Force powers aren't particularly useful, but the game is more about swinging a lightsaber than force pushing stuff, anyway. Bosses can be cheap though (you think Dooku was bad, wait until you fight Grievous).

I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Yep exactly, I had to take it as it was very quickly when I found out I couldn't travel that far into any stage.

What bugs me though is the fact you get graded on every kill you do...I seem to hit alot of fair's and good's....but I can maybe earn heh 6 masterful's and that's if I pull off a great combination and take out alot of droids all at once.

I finally beat Dooku after 3 more tries....and barely won it...I'm really reckless in my attacks but the highlight of the fight was when the battle droids came in ^_^ I flung one of them which crashed into the other and the second one just dropped off the ledge and fell ^_^ I got a masterful.

So now I'm caught by a Ray shield and I ended it there for lastnight....I'll no doubt beat the game today when I get home or over the weekend.

What I actually would have liked to see, is MGS 2 styled sword combat controlled by the right stick. That would have been sweet

Ew, no. I hate playing games that have any kind of combat controlled by the right analogue stick. It's becoming a bit of a fad, since Rise to Honor and Death by Degrees both use it. I much prefer button mashers.

Still no reviews from any interenet or magazine sources.

Things look like this game is going to be a "rental". Too bad!!!!!

Pretty much. This game was rushed and could have used some polish in just about every department - engine, 3D models, level design, and music.

Wished I had bought Battlefront last night instead. :unsure:

Still no reviews from any interenet or magazine sources.

Things look like this game is going to be a "rental".  Too bad!!!!!

Pretty much. This game was rushed and could have used some polish in just about every department - engine, 3D models, level design, and music.

Wished I had bought Battlefront last night instead. :unsure:

Oh yeah! I mean, I'll stick up for Episode III... I mean, it's good for what it is... but Battlefront's much better. I'm really looking forward to Battlefront 2. Republic Commando, for the Xbox/PC crowd, is also a much better (if short) game.

I got the game as well. Only played the first 2 levels. I think this game is just an updated version of the old PS Jedi Power Battles game. That's not really a bad thing in my opinion but wasn't what I was expecting either. There are too many combo's to try and remember plus they have you switch characters from level to level I believe so that makes it even harder to keep track of combo's. They should just let you pick which character you'll play as, at least for the sake of trying to get they hang of all the combo's, espesially since they grade you on every kill!

Chris

The Lego game rules!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup. I have played through Episodes 1+2 of the LEgo game. Now I am going back in and trying to find everything. Not playing Episode 3 till after I see the movie.

The Lego game rules!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup. I have played through Episodes 1+2 of the LEgo game. Now I am going back in and trying to find everything. Not playing Episode 3 till after I see the movie.

The Lego game was fun, but far too easy and too short.

I'm at the turning point in the game...the battle against Mase Windu was really easy and fun.

But taking out all the jedi at the temple was a pain in the butt, I died once and thought "NEVER AGAIN!" so I took them all out....I'm getting more "masterful" scores once I took Windu on....so now I'm a Jedi Master with Anakin and I'm still in Jedi on Obi-wan...I don't relaly like him.

Shouldn't this be be in the "other anime or science fiction" forums?

:unsure: Uh..........it is. It was moved well before your post. :p

Eh... right. because I still see it in the "Macross Games" section. hehe. :unsure:

I'm at the turning point in the game...the battle against Mase Windu was really easy and fun.

But taking out all the jedi at the temple was a pain in the butt, I died once and thought "NEVER AGAIN!" so I took them all out....I'm getting more "masterful" scores once I took Windu on....so now I'm a Jedi Master with Anakin and I'm still in Jedi on Obi-wan...I don't relaly like him.

See, I thought Mace and the Jedi weapon Master were really tough, but the rest of the game isn't nearly as difficult.

Make sure after you "beat" the game and get the credits that you go back in and do mission 17...

Shouldn't this be be in the "other anime or science fiction" forums?

:unsure: Uh..........it is. It was moved well before your post. :p

Eh... right. because I still see it in the "Macross Games" section. hehe. :unsure:

See the symbol on the left:

fmoved6pc.jpg

The arrow lets you know the thread has been moved. :)

Melissa (purveyor of useless information)

It's official....sort of. The game sucks!!!!!

Reviews are coming in and boy is it getting hacked up.....especially by IGN. Yikes!!!

Reviews link

Looks like it is defenetly a rental. Too bad because I really wanted to buy it and hoped that a decent SW game had finally crawled out of the crap that SW games lurk in, with a couple notable exceptions which are the KOTOR series and the Nintendo rebel series. Oh well, at least the movie was f*(&$ng awsome. Iwish I could talk about it but I don't want to ruin anything for you all. You are in for quite a treat.

Anakin becomes Darth Vader............spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by MGREXX

It's official....sort of. The game sucks!!!!!

Reviews are coming in and boy is it getting hacked up.....especially by IGN. Yikes!!!

Reviews link

Looks like it is defenetly a rental. Too bad because I really wanted to buy it and hoped that a decent SW game had finally crawled out of the crap that SW games lurk in, with a couple notable exceptions which are the KOTOR series and the Nintendo rebel series. Oh well, at least the movie was f*(&$ng awsome. Iwish I could talk about it but I don't want to ruin anything for you all. You are in for quite a treat.

Anakin becomes Darth Vader............spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe :lol::lol::lol:

Screw it, come over to the spolier topic & spill. I want to know everything now!

Reviews link

IGN has a unique talent for being way off with their reviews, though. I mean, these are the same people who gave Lethal Skies II a 7.7 (should have been MUCH worse). I'd take an IGN review with a grain of salt.

All said, while not the best game I've ever played, I learned to except it for what it was and mostly enjoyed it. Certainly more than Lethal Skies II...

The game barely deserves even a 7 in my opinion...I remember playing Episode 1 way back on the PS1....I hated the game...

But Episode 3's much better, if not its too straight forward for me. Personally you'd have a better time playing Jedi Academy where you got a free enviorment to roam around in and not too mention a wide variety of Force using compared to Episode 3 whose controls are odd.

I didn't pick this up but when they mean L they mean tapping the Left Thumb Stick and R taping the Right thumb stick......man I might have NEVER died in the damn game if I had picked that up sooner.

I'm on the last two chapters of the game where Obiwan goes against Anakin...personally I'd feel better going against Anakin cause all his guages were filled up by the time I had him finish off all the Jedi's which I had ALOT of fun doing ^_^

The hardest part of the game in my opinion is either this AnakinVSObi-wan level....or where your going against Dooku. I had no problems killing any of the Jedi or even killing Grevious....very odd.

My favorite part was killing the Sepertists, I just pushed them and even sliced them. Man it felt good using Anakin for evil ^_^