Star Wars Ep3.....The game

How do you kill the freaking gunship? :angry:

Use the Force to throw the barrels at it, or twirl your lightsaber to reflect its shots.

I think about a 7 is fair for the game. It's not great, and there's a lot of things differently. (I've said it before, but a Jedi action game built on God of War's engine would absolutely rock). But, once you accept it for what it is, it's still pretty entertaining.

The cut scenes between Anakin and Obi-wans fight is great, I loved it when just before they started fighting on the floating platform on the malten lava as Anakin gets up and does a huge long jump landing on his feet like it where nothing. And some of the taunting talks between them as you battle was interesting like "I SHOULD OF HAD YOU LEFT ON TATOOIN!" or "YOU TURNED PADAME AGAINST ME!"

And Obi-wan expressing how he wasn't prepared to train anakin and never really wanted too.....it just shows how weak he really was.

The cut scenes between Anakin and Obi-wans fight is great, I loved it when just before they started fighting on the floating platform on the malten lava as Anakin gets up and does a huge long jump landing on his feet like it where nothing. And some of the taunting talks between them as you battle was interesting like "I SHOULD OF HAD YOU LEFT ON TATOOIN!" or "YOU TURNED PADAME AGAINST ME!"

And Obi-wan expressing how he wasn't prepared to train anakin and never really wanted too.....it just shows how weak he really was.

After you did that fight where you play Obi and fight Anakin, did you go back in and do that last level?

***SPOILERS***

You do basically the same mission, except you play as Anakin instead of Obi. After you win, instead of losing limbs, Anakin kills Obi. Then, he goes back to the Emperor, who says something about ruling the galaxy together and gives Anakin a new red lightsaber... which Anakin promptly uses to kill the Emperor and proclain that only he will rule.

Okay I played the 17th level and I must say I beat that one with ease this time...Obi-wan was no match for my skills and the ending was better than the 16th level in my opinion...and the bonus missions were great! I got to fight as an old man who moves like he were 30 again ><

It's not a bad game, actually. I only have two beefs: first is with the response... especially in the duelling mode. Jedis are supposed to have lightning-fast reflexes, and that certainly doesn't seem to be the case in this game. The second problem is the voice acting. They didn't use any of the real actors and it's PAINFULLY obvious in a lot of cases (although the guy doing Ewan McGregor/Obi Wan did a pretty good job).

The animation in the game is top notch (all of the saber moves are well constructed and executed) and the graphics are pretty amazing. The soundtrack, as near as I can tell (I don't own the SndTrk yet) probably comes direct from the movie, which is good.

But MOST IMPORTANTLY... if you don't want ANY spoilers, wait until after the movie to play. There is a considerable amount of movie footage in the game (I thought it very strange that this would reach the stores before the movie because of this). I'm not a big stickler about that sort of thing, so it doesn't really bother me (already know pretty much everything that will happen anyway)

Generally games that share both on the PS2 and Xbox are not really all that different except for controls and Xbox brings a cleaner look then the PS2 variation...very rarely I think you'll ever see a wide difference.

As for the Voice Acting, didn't even know they were different actors....I didn't pay attention to it.

I heard MGS2: Substance for Xbox had horrible graphics/slowdown compared to the PS2 version.

I didn't notice anything like that.

From more than 1 source:

Review 1

Post-release, Sons Of Liberty was incessantly commended for its game engine and a painstaking attention to detail. Regrettably, previously nonexistent blemishes manifest themselves upon the Xbox.

Upon navigating the exterior of the tanker at the games opening, slowdown is painfully evident. Further glitches including pixellated floors and walls during cut scenes, are less apparent, though no more welcome.

Review 2

The other change is a result of the system switch. Unfortunately, Xbox owners hoping for a supremely updated look shouldn't expect much, as the game looks largely the same, and in some instances, looks worse. There is some very noticeable slowdown on the tanker level when you're outside in the rain, which seems to be either an optimization flaw or just some kind of trouble in the port, and a few other cases where the framerate takes a hit.

Review 3

although bafflingly the Xbox seems to exhibit some slowdown in particularly lush areas, mostly in cut scenes.

Yes,

the opening level when you are running on the outside of the tanker is really bad. I laughed my a$$ off when I saw that but it started kicking a$$ when you go inside and the rest of the game as well.

I guess the Xbox is not water proof. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

So? It gives you experince which will help you become alot stronger. To be honest I'm sorta glad they didn't allow that...if I had died and started all over then all I gotta do is take out more Droids, Troopers etc...and become a Jedi Master alot faster.

I heard MGS2: Substance for Xbox had horrible graphics/slowdown compared to the PS2 version.

I didn't notice anything like that.

From more than 1 source:

Review 1

Post-release, Sons Of Liberty was incessantly commended for its game engine and a painstaking attention to detail. Regrettably, previously nonexistent blemishes manifest themselves upon the Xbox.

Upon navigating the exterior of the tanker at the games opening, slowdown is painfully evident. Further glitches including pixellated floors and walls during cut scenes, are less apparent, though no more welcome.

Review 2

The other change is a result of the system switch. Unfortunately, Xbox owners hoping for a supremely updated look shouldn't expect much, as the game looks largely the same, and in some instances, looks worse. There is some very noticeable slowdown on the tanker level when you're outside in the rain, which seems to be either an optimization flaw or just some kind of trouble in the port, and a few other cases where the framerate takes a hit.

Review 3

although bafflingly the Xbox seems to exhibit some slowdown in particularly lush areas, mostly in cut scenes.

I'm not saying it's not there. I'm just saying I didn't really notice it.

Finally got around to trying out the game last night for about 40 minutes. Played on normal difficulty, up to level 4 where you encounter Dooku. Got tired and decided to stop there for the night.

Gotta say the game is pretty easy so far. The battledroids are no challenge at all. It's pretty much just button mashing so far with little in the way of thinking or strategy required.

One thing I don't like, is that the game does not seem to encourage you to try to solve problems by yourself. In fact if anything the opposite is true and you are constantly being told to 'stand here', 'press this button now' etc.

Did IQ's just drop sharply while I was away? Surely today's generation of gameplayers can figure this sort of stuff out by themselves without having to be told what to do every step of the way. I'd have found the game far more intestingg had it allowed me to try to solve puzzles by myself.

So far I'm not that impressed. Yes, the graphics are nice, but the gameplay is pretty unintersting so far.

And I was surprised when I saw the movie footage of Grevious. Am I the only one who think he walks like a chiken, with his head bobbing back and forth like he's pecking at something? I nearly laughed out loud when I saw that. His 'Badness factor' has definitely dropped several notches after watching that.

Graham

Aw crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just finished the other Star wars game, you know "lego my eggo" and I can't believe that they showed (MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!)........... that Pregnasaurus Amadela died man. I kind of remember that she had died before but forgot about it but that game just ruined the ending for me man. crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Now, I am defenetly staying away from the SW ep3 game. NO use in ruining the rest of the movie for myself.

Thanks George!!!!!!

Just finished the other Star wars game, you know "lego my eggo" and I can't believe that they showed (MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!)........... that Pregnasaurus Amadela died man. I kind of remember that she had died before but forgot about it but that game just ruined the ending for me man. crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Now, I am defenetly staying away from the SW ep3 game. NO use in ruining the rest of the movie for myself.

Thanks George!!!!!!

That's funny...you told us that you had already seen the movie.

I will now answer the poll since I finally got to see the movie last night up by frisco.

One word sums it all up..............BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George finally got it right and just in time.

I will not spoil anything but I will say this:

"you will not be dissapointed, not even you fanboys out there......even if George raped your childhood" :D  :D "

Oh. and as far as the PG-13 rating is concerned, it's right on que.  Bravo George, you are the man with "the force" baby!!!!!

So which is it, spoiler boy? You've either seen it or you haven't. I'd hate to think that you've been misleading us all this time.

Just finished the other Star wars game, you know "lego my eggo" and I can't believe that they showed (MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!)........... that Pregnasaurus Amadela died man.  I kind of remember that she had died before but forgot about it but that game just ruined the ending for me man.  crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Now, I am defenetly staying away from the SW ep3 game.  NO use in ruining the rest of the movie for myself.

Thanks George!!!!!!

I will now answer the poll since I finally got to see the movie last night up by frisco.

"you will not be dissapointed, not even you fanboys out there......even if George raped your childhood" :D  :D "

Oh. and as far as the PG-13 rating is concerned, it's right on que.  Bravo George, you are the man with "the force" baby!!!!!

So which is it, spoiler boy? You've either seen it or you haven't. I'd hate to think that you've been misleading us all this time.

:lol::lol::lol:

anakinrampage.jpg

Just finished the other Star wars game, you know "lego my eggo" and I can't believe that they showed (MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!)........... that Pregnasaurus Amadela died man.  I kind of remember that she had died before but forgot about it but that game just ruined the ending for me man.  crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Now, I am defenetly staying away from the SW ep3 game.  NO use in ruining the rest of the movie for myself.

Thanks George!!!!!!

anakinrampage.jpg

MGREXX, I give you the null set... You are a Zero.

Thanks George!!!!!!

anakinrampage.jpg

MGREXX, I give you the null set... You are a Zero.

Wow, Friday the 13th just claimed its first victim. :lol:

post-26-1116007466_thumb.jpg

:lol: 70 grand a year and a masters and he couldn't see that one coming...

I guess you set me straight again... :lol:

Lemme see what smileys you got for this one... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I thought US Marines were smarter than that.... HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

AND NO MORE FRACKIN POLLS! Please Most of your topics (not all) are polls. Also you could find the anwers or info you want from your poll by using search or reading a few related threads. Your Hasegawa models poll is a good example. there are 5 threads that cover all the choices in yours man. I dont mean to explode like this but please throttle back and think a little before you choose your posting topics.

AND NO MORE FRACKIN POLLS! Please Most of your topics (not all) are polls. Also you could find the anwers or info you want from your poll by using search or reading a few related threads. Your Hasegawa models poll is a good example. there are 5 threads that cover all the choices in yours man. I dont mean to explode like this but please throttle back and think a little before you choose your posting topics.

You write all that as if his main goal on these forums isn't to annoy us.

H

Haha, this has been priceless. It's funny when a bullsh^^^^r trips over his own lies.