1/72 Regult

captain america

Pic of the kit parts left me with an open mouth...that´s a handmade garage resin kit??? Some of the big manufacturers should take a long look at this.. box art is cool, too. Either this simple graphic style or have a box art specially commissioned by Yoshiyuki Takani :D

Hi guys.

I haven't called-in the remainder of the funds for the model, as I want to build-up a decent stockpile of kits first. Basically, I don't want people to part with their hard-earned money until I can provide the model in a timely fashion.

I'll probably be requesting the balance for the models by the end of next week, with the very last kits shipping roughly 5 weeks from now.

Is this something that's only going to be available for the people that ordered through this thread?

This is an awesome looking model and I'd like to own one myself, but am currently in a bad financial situation so wouldn't have any "spending money" for a few months at the earliest.

Hi Bhop.

The model is available to pretty much anyone who wants it; the thread here on MW was just a naturally-simple congregation point for the fans. I will however state that I'm not taking any aditional orders at this time, as I have filled the book for the lifespan of the first set of molds. New molds for the Regult will be produced in June/july, and a heavy-missile conversion set will also be released around that time.

Hi Bhop.

The model is available to pretty much anyone who wants it; the thread here on MW was just a naturally-simple congregation point for the fans. I will however state that I'm not taking any aditional orders at this time, as I have filled the book for the lifespan of the first set of molds. New molds for the Regult will be produced in June/july, and a heavy-missile conversion set will also be released around that time.

Thanks for the info.

That looks sweet!

It also doesn't look too much bigger than the old Imai kit. You'll probably be able to pose them together with the older kit in the back and the size difference shouldn't be that noticeable. The quality difference will probably show though.

Great work Cap!

Hi guys.

Here's a sneek-peek at the box art. Nothing fancy, very simple and to-the-point... Complete with japanese engrish, in the tradition of the old Arii and Imai models :lol:

Looks great. B)) Any chance of a Glaug (1/72) in the future? Pretty please? ;)

By comparison...

Hey, that's my Regult! :)

Great to finally see built-up pics of your Regult... It looks great!

(EDIT): Do you have a Hasegawa Battroid for comparison? I could maybe do a ruler-standup shot of my Regult for further reference...

Edited by tetsujin

Hi Tetsujin.

Sorry, I really wasn't sure where I'd gotten that picture from. I really should've at least credited the photo.

Unfortunately no, I don't have a Hasegawa battroid for comparison, but if you 're able to take a pic of your pod with a ruler next to it we'd certinly all be grateful :)

Sorry, I really wasn't sure where I'd gotten that picture from. I really should've at least credited the photo.

Hey, it's cool. As far as I'm concerned pictures of unpainted, OOB kits are fair game for reference purposes. I just saw it and it was like, "Hey, I recognize that!" :) It's just kind of funny, 'cause it's a photo I did a couple years ago now, but it still turns up every so often.

BTW, you said that half the pod would be clear-cast: would it be possible to get a pod where both halves are cast normally? If I buy one, I'd rather paint the exterior than have the X-ray, and I'd rather not have to deal with two different types of material in the two pod halves.

Edited by tetsujin

would it be possible to get a pod where both halves are cast normally? If I buy one, I'd rather paint the exterior than have the X-ray, and I'd rather not have to deal with two different types of material in the two pod halves.

Of course.

Though I'm not taking any new orders for the time being, when the next set of molds are done and you place your order, just specify that you'd prefer a pod with no clear parts

Hi sithlord.

With regards to add-ons to the pod, such as missile packs, or pilots, I would highly recommend building the model static, as the extra weight would simply topple the kit at that point. This can be done quite simply by taking a few minute drops of CA and dabbing it into the ball-socket (slow cure CA recommended) and then placing the Regult in the desired pose. This will handily eliminate any chances of structural failure.

Cockpit from the other side. Very hard to photograph this, as my camera lacks good macro capability, but all the detail that should be there, IS there.

Instructions: these are in process, and I'll post them here on MW for people to download.

Does the cockpit hatch have hinges? If not, is there ample room to install them?