SDF-1 1/8000

TSP

Ooo... neato. :)

I like. What model did you use for the 1/8000 SDF-1? The Imai one?

Bandai 15th anniversary re-release. That's why it is chromium plated.

The base-plate is hand cutted. Can't effort such kind a machine. The design from the "Do you remember love"-Protoculture relict isn't hard to make from polystyrol sheets.

But the main question should be Minmay ,Mylene ,Wendy or Ishtar?

i was thinking about a concert scenario. As background of the arena there will be three big screens. I like to put some decals on them but don't know which one I should prefer . :D

Flashback 2012 Lynn Minmay is my favor. But there aren't enough good pictures of matured Minmay. And the arena was round in FB2012! :lol:

This morning!

I've got an old decrepit SDF-1 that's been collecting dust for the last 15 years and you've really inspired me to resurrect it and do what you did. I'm not going to be very creative about it, I'm just going to copy as best as I can what you did. It's such an awesome idea I can't beleive no one else did it before.

Guest Bromgrev

Well, TSP, I predict a flood of SDF1-in-the-lake dioramas! You've unleashed something unstoppable. I know what I'm going to do with my Bandai, now ... :ph34r:

This morning!

I've got an old decrepit SDF-1 that's been collecting dust for the last 15 years and you've really inspired me to resurrect it and do what you did. I'm not going to be very creative about it, I'm just going to copy as best as I can what you did. It's such an awesome idea I can't beleive no one else did it before.

Well this idea isn't mine . I copied it from Hobby Japan Issue 10 1999. There was someone joining the Jaf-Con with a Macross city .

Hey TSP, Great idea (doing your own version of it), and so wonderfully executed I'm trully impressed. I just thought I'd let you know that I'm in the process of scanning my coppy of the Flashback 2012 graffiti book which is just chock full of images of the Mature Minmei and the concert arena I should be posting a link to the images sometime tomorrow eve. in the T.V./movies forum.

This morning!

Well this idea isn't mine . I copied it from Hobby Japan Issue 10 1999. There was someone joining the Jaf-Con with a Macross city .

do you have that pic still?

Is that an Aurora Spyplane next to it ?

No! But something I will get smashed to pieces if would tell. Someone told me it is the holly grale of X-bombers. I'm not religios so I don't care about that.

A 1/380 XB-70 Valkyrie from Academy. I was waiting for a Trumpeter sixpack of Su-27K Seaflankers but they were on backorder for a week or 2 two.

So I started with the SDF-1 and AFC-01H.

Having three days off a week sucks. But I will have some dose model building today.

I love it. Even if something similar appeared in a magazine before, it's still very original. I especially love the way you've framed it using the design of the Protoculture memory plate from the movie. Nice touch.

Best diorama I have seen in a long time. :)

• 2 weeks later...

After a week without internet I've got this kit (and several other)done.

I wish I could add some pictures of this modell with newly edited stickers for the monitorbut sadly I have to stop building models the next few months. And to make things even worse the camera is defect. But I will post the final version if I have the opportunity .

post-3-1114859460_thumb.jpg

I tried to attach the strings to the SDF-1 and the base it cost me a hole day work . First I used 0.05mm thin metal wire but the Cyanacrylat glue won't harden fast enough. The places where I glued the wires were to big . Big enough for it's own diorama. After cleaning those places I used heaten up PS speus. These were so thin that they got eaten up by the modell glue. At the end of the day I thought about using hair. That was way to sick so I just depraved this idea.

post-3-1114861170_thumb.jpg