Where i can buy a VF like this...

ipaq1940

Thats a kitbash that someone made from the Hasegawa YF-21 fighter kit. The guy made it transformable. To make things simple and short, that kit doesnt exist... anywhere. The one you see is the one and only.

There is a conversion kit for the YF-21 fighter kit to make it into a battroid. IMO, the legs are a bit short but as for now... theres really nothing else. Its a resin kit and its something somewhere along the lines of costing 300 dollars or more.

Wow, nice custom mod though!

Yup. Very sweet indeed. Heres a picture of it in the other modes.

Thanks at all...

but exist a similar yf21/vf22 variable kit or toy (not yamato)?

Theres a few actually. All resin kits and cost an arm and a leg. Some more than others. Are you willing to spend a good amount?

The ones I know of is the 1/100 IHP YF-21, 1/?? (Somewhere between 1/100 and 1/72) SHE YF-21, and the infamous 1/72 D'stance YF-21 that some ppl will probably kill for. :p

All of those are variable. The IHP kit should be quite rare and should cost a pretty penny. I havent really seen one being sold so I wouldnt know how much it is. The SHE kit is around $200 range. The D'stance is... heck if I know... probably well over a $1000. :blink:

Edited by AlphaHX

Non-limmiter was when gould was fighting the ghost, dropped the legs and arms, all unneeded weight. and i assume that yf-21 systems had limit son the speed and maneuvering so the pilot wudnt pass out or died, this would obviosuly disable it.

and yes that kit is super rare, i tihnk it shows up at WF every year but in very small numbers and and is always sold out before any MW members get to em

Wow, nice custom mod though!

Yup. Very sweet indeed. Heres a picture of it in the other modes.

Thanks at all...

but exist a similar yf21/vf22 variable kit or toy (not yamato)?

Theres a few actually. All resin kits and cost an arm and a leg. Some more than others. Are you willing to spend a good amount?

The ones I know of is the 1/100 IHP YF-21, 1/?? (Somewhere between 1/100 and 1/72) SHE YF-21, and the infamous 1/72 D'stance YF-21 that some ppl will probably kill for. :p

All of those are variable. The IHP kit should be quite rare and should cost a pretty penny. I havent really seen one being sold so I wouldnt know how much it is. The SHE kit is around $200 range. The D'stance is... heck if I know... probably well over a $1000. :blink:

IHP made a yf-21? maybe they will realese even a yf-21 resin toy...that nobody here will have... wonder how it look like.

and yes that kit is super rare, i tihnk it shows up at WF every year but in very small numbers and and is always sold out before any MW members get to em

To the best of my knowledge this D'Stance was only sold at one WF. Noel was there and he was actually able to get one, but he put it up on eBay before I was able to get to him. He had pictures of it in one of his reports that were listed here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/blacka...n_blackaces.htm

If those links worked it would tell you which event it was availabe at. At the moment I don't remember. My guess would be Winter 2003.

Also D'Stance developed the fast pack parts for this kit AFTER the one event the kit was available at. To my knowledge the fast pack parts have never been for sale to the public. D'Stance hasn't been at the last several WF events and I'm not sure if they ever plan of offering this kit (with ot without the fast pack parts) again. If I'm correct in the above that would put a limit I think of 10 of these kits without the fast packs being in circulation. Noel's eBay auction (which I never should have let get past me) was the only time I've ever seen this kit re-sold. I've never seen it on Yahoo Japan.

Noel, if you see this are there any plans to get your past reports back on-line again?

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

A few other pieces of info I can add...

D'Stance's homepage has some nice pictures. They are here:

http://park1.wakwak.com/~jasshy/yf21.html

And I was able to get Noel to photo copy the directions of the one he sold on eBay. Scans of those directions have been posted here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=92

Enjoy,

Carl

I like the kitbash on the top of the page. Minor nitpick...that's a YF-21 head, not a VF-22s.  ;)

Any bigger pics of the other modes?

Its a custom, he can name it whatever he wants. :p

I replaced my other post with a bigger picture. I take it no one cares about Shawn's low res rule? :huh:

Edited by AlphaHX

Well, at least the Hasegawa kit can.. you just have to leave off a dozen odd pieces. Can't say it'd look very good that way though... probably just kind of skinny.

You could probably do that with the Yamato, but you'd have to unscrew a lot of stuff, and hope it all holds together. :p

Although it is not variable, there is also the Gokigen Seimetsu VF-22 Battroid mode conversion kit for use with Hasegawa's VF-22 model. You can see photos of it in Noel's Winter Wonder Fest 2005 report.

I think ChristopherB has 2 of these conversion kits (lucky devil).

Graham

Nah he's only got one, I've got the other :D

It's over $1000... IF you can find it. We have a member whos been looking for it for quite some time now...

Heres some pictures...

Why call this kit infamous? It rocks!... IMHO it is the best commercially available kit, but... d'uh... I don't have 1000$ to spend on a kit! Who has this anyway? It's wiser to spend that money on a travel abroad, or.... whatever!

It's over $1000... IF you can find it. We have a member whos been looking for it for quite some time now...

Heres some pictures...

Why call this kit infamous? It rocks!... IMHO it is the best commercially available kit, but... d'uh... I don't have 1000$ to spend on a kit! Who has this anyway? It's wiser to spend that money on a travel abroad, or.... whatever!

I wasnt implying that its infamous for being a bad kit. Its infamously known for being impossible to find/get. Last time I checked, no one has this kit. If someone on the board has this kit, they havent said anything yet.

Heres some pictures...

I wasnt implying that its infamous for being a bad kit. Its infamously known for being impossible to find/get. Last time I checked, no one has this kit. If someone on the board has this kit, they havent said anything yet.

Ooooops! Sorry for the misunderstanding! Apologies!

What did these kits originally cost at Wonderfest? I'm guessing not $1000.

If I were D'Stance or Liquid Stone or whoever, I'd sell my 10 at WF, let the crazy hype make the secondary prices gonzo and then ebay a few on the sly afterward for some mad money.

Ooooops! Sorry for the misunderstanding! Apologies!

No problem. I wrote that kind of weird now that I look at it. I didnt think anyone could possibly think this kit was bad so I assumed that ppl would know what I was referring to when I said infamous. My bad...

But yeah, I definitely agree... that is one hell of a kit. I would kill for one... I mean... ummm... heheheh.... :rolleyes:

What did these kits originally cost at Wonderfest? I'm guessing not $1000.

If I were D'Stance or Liquid Stone or whoever, I'd sell my 10 at WF, let the crazy hype make the secondary prices gonzo and then ebay a few on the sly afterward for some mad money.

For the LOW LOW LOW price of 23,000 yen, the D'stance YF-21 couldve been yours to own at wonderfestival. For 23,000 yen, you cant even get the YF-21 hasegawa battroid conversion. I need a time machine... :(

Heres a picture. *Sigh*... 23,000 yen...

Edit: For anyone whos terrible at exchange rates. 23,000 yen is about 215 usd.

Edited by AlphaHX

Although it is not variable, there is also the Gokigen Seimetsu VF-22 Battroid mode conversion kit for use with Hasegawa's VF-22 model. You can see photos of it in Noel's Winter Wonder Fest 2005 report.

I think ChristopherB has 2 of these conversion kits (lucky devil).

Graham

While luck is a big factor in getting rare kits, ChristopherB takes all the necessary precautions to reduce luck as a factor.