Robotech used in a Public Service Announcement

Yes, HG is pimping Robotech to the UN but at least the UN is a noble enity.

That may be the most outragous thing ever said in the history of MW. Do the mods know about this!?! This guy must be French or something...

(no disrespect to the French intended :p )

And we wonder why so much of the world hates us...

I don't..

Its because we are the most successfull, we have the most control. They are just jealous.

They all loved us when there was another power that was actually evil and WE were the only ones who stood up to them... But now that the Soviet Union is gone, we are the only superpower left. NOW all of a sudden it isn't fair.

Maybe because we were actually worth looking up to back then?

These days we aren't exactly anything to be proud of. We have boundless potential we happily keep flushing down the crapper into the waiting mouths of corporate and religious special interests.

Bah. Getting too political.

As to the PSA? Eh. Kinda dumb, don't really care.

That may be the most outragous thing ever said in the history of MW. Do the mods know about this!?! This guy must be French or something...

I don't..

Its because we are the most successfull, we have the most control. They are just jealous.

They all loved us when there was another power that was actually evil and WE were the only ones who stood up to them... But now that the Soviet Union is gone, we are the only superpower left. NOW all of a sudden it isn't fair.

Maybe because we were actually worth looking up to back then?

These days we aren't exactly anything to be proud of. We have boundless potential we happily keep flushing down the crapper into the waiting mouths of corporate and religious special interests.

Bah. Getting too political.

As to the PSA? Eh. Kinda dumb, don't really care.

I love how people on the net always say something political, then say "but lets not get political."

If there is only one thing you can count on in the universe, it is that Agent ONE will take his opinion and cram it down your throat... And he makes no apologies.

To those of you out there who pointed out to me that Robotech has been seen in other countries, "D'uh!" As if I didn't already know. But there are a crapload of countries out there who have not seen Robotech, and would wonder why is the UN using characters from Macross and calling it Robotech. The UN as it stands now is an impotent entity, and it should be closed down, or at least, moved back to Brussels where the Eurocrats can pontificate all they want as to how racist the US is and how the US pisses on everyone and should be stopped. "Wahhh!"

terry the lone wolf: "Yes, HG is pimping Robotech to the UN but at least the UN is a noble enity."

What the hell have you been smoking?

You mean the French or the Americans?

Graham

To those of you out there who pointed out to me that Robotech has been seen in other countries, "D'uh!" As if I didn't already know. But there are a crapload of countries out there who have not seen Robotech, and would wonder why is the UN using characters from Macross and calling it Robotech. The UN as it stands now is an impotent entity, and it should be closed down, or at least, moved back to Brussels where the Eurocrats can pontificate all they want as to how racist the US is and how the US pisses on everyone and should be stopped. "Wahhh!"
terry the lone wolf: "Yes, HG is pimping Robotech to the UN but at least the UN is a noble enity."

What the hell have you been smoking?

The good @#%*! That Ol' Dirty @#%*!

The world is going to be doomed if we unite under a single government where everyone agrees to disarm and the UN had its way.

Does anyone remember what happened in that Simpsons episode where Lisa Simpson finally gets her wish of world peace by confiscating every gun, bomb, and WMD in the world? Then what followed was an alien attack? The aliens were armed with 'boards with a nail on the end' which made them technologically superior to us and left us, the entire human race, defenceless. :lol:

Without weapons to protect us, alien invasions are much easier. I'm going to join up with the anti-un. Peace can only be achieved when people "agree to disagree" with each other and stay seperated the way God intended when he deliberately split the races into many cultures and languages in ancient Babylon, so that the whole world was not taken absolute control of by a single power and where the controller couldn't just do as they pleased. B))

The character Sauron in Lord of the Rings tried to unite the world under a single rule, using the magic rings and look what happened: It was a huge trojan horse that got the world into deep poo because leaders were too corrupt by uber power that they genetically created armies of the Orc-hai which raped the environement (tree huggers take note) to build thier warmachine. These are like the "ubermensch" of the geeks' fantasy world.

The UN = evil. (you can still have good enough peace without disarming)

Harmony Gold = evil.

I think the UN is using anime as a vehicle to secretly program the next generation of kids to help build thier dream of eventual world domination. The human race won't stand a chance against the coming zentradi if the world is too peaceful. Earth needs it's wars to strengthen us to fight the aliens, you see. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The world is going to be doomed if we unite under a single government where everyone agrees to disarm and the UN had its way.

Does anyone remember what happened in that Simpsons episode where Lisa Simpson finally gets her wish of world peace by confiscating every gun, bomb, and WMD in the world? Then what followed was an alien attack? The aliens were armed with 'boards with a nail on the end' which made them technologically superior to us and left us, the entire human race, defenceless. :lol:

Without weapons to protect us, alien invasions are much easier. I'm going to join up with the anti-un. Peace can only be achieved when people "agree to disagree" with each other and stay seperated the way God intended when he deliberately split the races into many cultures and languages in ancient Babylon, so that the whole world was not taken absolute control of by a single power and where the controller couldn't just do as they pleased. B))

The character Sauron in Lord of the Rings tried to unite the world under a single rule, using the magic rings and look what happened: It was a huge trojan horse that got the world into deep poo because leaders were too corrupt by uber power that they genetically created armies of the Orc-hai which raped the environement (tree huggers take note) to build thier warmachine. These are like the "ubermensch" of the geeks' fantasy world.

The UN = evil. (you can still have good enough peace without disarming)

Harmony Gold = evil.

I think the UN is using anime as a vehicle to secretly program the next generation of kids to help build thier dream of eventual world domination. The human race won't stand a chance against the coming zentradi if the world is too peaceful. Earth needs it's wars to strengthen us to fight the aliens, you see. :D

Don't warn them. I need the world peaceful, my Earth takeover plan depends on it. I need tree huggers, PETA members, and anti-gun activists. I have been slowley making the youth of the world weak. I have unleashed sissy cartoons on them, where everything has an easy resolution. I have weakened them with the likes of Macross 7, it will make them believe they can sing their way out of confrontation.

Don't ruin my years of hard work. I was the one who got toy guns pulled from stores (unless it was bright orange or green). I need a bunch of weaklings to make my plan work.

Oh, screw it. ;)

I still find this story hard to believe, smells like an April Fool's day thing.

And yes this thread dabbles in politics, look at the topic. Harmony Gold/Robotech (what's more political than that at MW? ;) ), and the UN??? :blink: Yep, politics might be afoot.

We're mostly adults, immature maybe, but adults. This thread is not so 'political' that it has to go IMO. In our little world here, this is newsworthy.

So will we hear 'Stage fright, go away, this is my big day...!", everytime a dignitary approaches the podium? :D

Ummm.....

Big West's only involvement with Southern Cross was the Bioroid Type I Commander 'Seiffreit Weiss' model. They were in no way involved in the anime itself.  ;)

Ummm ...

* Pick up any Southern Cross video or LD from Japan. Read the Japanese copyright notice.

Copyright Mainichi Broadcasting/Big West

* Pick up any Southern Cross model from Japan. Read the Japanese copyright notice.

Copyright Mainichi Broadcasting/Big West

* Pick up any Southern Cross book or pamphlet from Japan. Read the Japanese copyright notice.

Copyright Mainichi Broadcasting/Big West*Tatsunoko Pro.

* Pick up even the $2 Animetopia pencil box or notepad for Southern Cross in Japan. Read the English copyright notice on the back.

Copyright Big West*MBS*Tatsunoko Pro.

* Watch the original Southern Cross with Japanese credits. Read the production credits:

Big West

Big West didn't just work on one model for Southern Cross. It co-sponsored the entire project--just like it did for every single Super Dimension project. Even on the cheap stationary items that Big West agreed to split the copyright with Tatsunoko Pro., Big West is listed first and Tatsunoko is listed third and last. That's why Southern Cross is not listed in the official Japanese web page for Tatsunoko Pro. That's why Southern Cross is listed in the back "Other" category of the official 1998 Tatsunoko Pro. Anime Super Data File book. (That is also why Orguss, a Big West, non-Tatsunoko project, has the Super Dimension label.)

Yes.

I must agree this is the stupidest thing H.G. has ever done.

The U.N. is an evil organization full of crooks and self endulged corrupted poiltitians. Sure it's the same here in America but at least we don't screw with the world..........that much. :lol::lol:

They were created with good intentions in nind but have been worthless since the 70's.

America is where the solutions are.

Death to the U.N.!!!!!!!!!

Edited by MGREXX

* Watch the original Southern Cross with Japanese credits. Read the production credits:

Big West

Hmm...

thats funny. My Restored Southern Cross says Produced by Tatsunoko and Manichi Broadcasting. I saw all of one name associated with Big West: Yoshimasa Ohnishi as a co-Planning credit. The rest, including Kenji Yoshida (President of Tatsunoko) as Producer and Akira Inoue as Co-Planner are all Tatsunoko people to one degree or another.

I don't see a Big West's name anywhere else on the animation. Perhaps they got some of the merchandising rights since their President co-planned it. But I assure you, Big West did not co-Produce it.

thats funny. My Restored Southern Cross says Produced by Tatsunoko and Manichi Broadcasting.

I'd say that your restored SC is wrong. Its a curious omission, but considering who was involved in it (assuming that you're referring to the ADV restoration) its hardly surprising.

ANIME NEWS NETWORK LISTING FOR SDC SOUTHERN CROSS

Anime News Network seems to think that Big West was involved

MADMAN Entertainment

Hey lookee here....Madman credits Big West as well.

Mr Disco, I hope you learned a fine lesson from this. This is why some Robotechies just don't belong on MW. The Anime Nazis can have a field day with their combined idiocy.

please do not involve me in your rants.

But rants are fun and educational for the entire family.

Oh, and because I seem to be the only one here that remembers history. I'll keep this simple so it doesn't turn into "OMG, that liberal is using the facts again!11". The U.S. started the UN, therefore using most peoples logic the UN is infalliable since it is a project of the US.

/end Political fun

Oh, and because I seem to be the only one here that remembers history. I'll keep this simple so it doesn't turn into "OMG, that liberal is using the facts again!11". The U.S. started the UN, therefore using most peoples logic the UN is infalliable since it is a project of the US.

/end Political fun

I will quote myself from earlier in this thread:

I love how people on the net always say something political, then say "but lets not get political."

If there is only one thing you can count on in the universe, it is that Agent ONE will take his opinion and cram it down your throat... And he makes no apologies.

/end Political fun

The UN was formed by the victors of WWII, not by the United States. . . though it wouldn't have been possible without US support just as the League of Nations was a shame without us.

The victors of WWII got permanent seats on the security council. . . unless you count France. . . who wasn't a "victor" since they surrendered and were occupied. . . but we let them have a seat on the council anyways because we pitied them.

The US supported the UN because it was seen as a means of keeping the Soviet Union in check without the need for another cataclysmic war. Now, with no Soviet Union to keep in check any longer, the UN has outlived its usefullness. It is now a corrupt organization where petty thugs and craptacular despotisms get votes that are held up as being morally equivalent to the votes of true democracies and constitutional republics.

Or, I can just sum it up by saying: Syria has a vote on the council for human rights. 'Nuff said.

As for this thread not being political. . . this thread is political by its very nature. The UN is a political organization. And this thread is about its PR campaign. So, I'm not sure how this thread is supposed to stay non-political. I'd say, either let it be political or shut it down.

H

Mr Disco, I hope you learned a fine lesson from this. This is why some Robotechies just don't belong on MW.  The Anime Nazis can have a field day with their combined idiocy.

Then do your cretinous self a favor and keep your "anime-nazis" comments to yourself and not insult the rest of us who don't care for Robotrash. Damned idiot..

Edited by Jemstone

Then do your cretinous self a favor and keep your "anime-nazis" comments to yourself and not insult the rest of us who don't care for Robotrash.  Damned idiot..

You sure do like being angry.

She likes being kinky.

Then do your cretinous self a favor and keep your "anime-nazis" comments to yourself and not insult the rest of us who don't care for Robotrash.  Damned idiot..

What can I say? I can't help but show how much I HATE the retarded moron excuses for humans that infest the boards.

Zentran, get your filthy mind out of the gutter.

What can I say? I can't help but show how much I HATE the retarded moron excuses for humans that infest the boards.

can't it is the gutter :lol:

Jemstone, have you tried coffee in the morning; it perks you up!

You know what? You're absoultely right. I think I'll even share a cup.

post-25-1112902341.jpg

You know what? You're absoultely right. I think I'll even share a cup.

post-25-1112902341.jpg

I love a girl with a dirty mouth; you sound just like my ex-girlfriend! Ha,ha!!

Then do your cretinous self a favor and keep your "anime-nazis" comments to yourself and not insult the rest of us who don't care for Robotrash. Damned idiot..

what ever problems/debates/issues you have with other members i simply ask you do not draw me into your conversations. you seem to have a beef with me. at no point did i personally insult or attack you. i have reported your behaviour to the mods. do not contact me, do not post messages about me. in short i want nothing to do with you. based on past experience i find you to to be very unstable so i want absolutely nothing to do with you.

thank you for your attention on this matter

...based on past experience i find you to to be very unstable so i want absolutely nothing to do with you.

Then why do you respond to her posts?

The retards on this site like Final Vegtable (or whatever his lame ass name is) never gets a response from the Mighty Agent ONE. I want nothin to do with him so I ignore him.

what ever problems/debates/issues you have with other members i simply ask you do not draw me into your conversations. you seem to have a beef with me. at no point did i personally insult or attack you. i have reported your behaviour to the mods. do not contact me, do not post messages about me. in short i want nothing to do with you. based on past experience i find you to to be very unstable so i want absolutely nothing to do with you.

thank you for your attention on this matter

There we go. The example comes up again. At this point nobody can deny that fanboys cannot handle women on these boards. Unstable? Unhinged? Is that the best you guys can come up with? You are by far the most weak-minded fools I've ever seen. I'd like to dare you say that to AgentOne.

You equate people's behaviors to that of Nazis and you think you insulted nobody. My point stands. It seems I do have an effect ont he Robotechie. I so much as wave a hand and you all quiver in fear then either run and get your guns like Terry did in this thread or you go crying to mods to help you and then duck for cover when you first said something STUPID.

I know Graham doesn't wnat to hera of this sort of thing but it's the truth. It all comes down to chauvanist attitudes rampant on the boards.

It's ok to pull tail and run. You don't have the balls to face me.

Then why do you respond to her posts?

actually i don't. never have. only in this one instance b/c i was directly mentioned did i politely ask to not involve me. you can be assured from this point on i will be continuing to ignore her posts.

You're mostly right on your assessment, Hurin, except for a couple of points.

though it wouldn't have been possible without US support just as the League of Nations was a shame without us.

Even if we were there, there's not much that the US could have contributed at that point in history. Remember, after WW1, there was a swift demobilization and drawdown of the military...by the mid '20s, we were among the smallest militaries of the world. Also, the League had no real mechanism for threats to the peace outside of basically slapping the offending nation on the wrist. That's whay both Mussolini and the Imperial Japanese Government were able to thumb their noses at the League after the respective invasions of Ethopia and Manchuria. The League was equally powerless to compel military action against Hitler when he abrogated the Versailles Treaty.

And, of course, the UN isn;t any great shakes on that score either, and never was. For instance, the only reason the UN went into Korea in 1950 was that the USSR walked out of the Security Council, abstaining by default. Had they used their veto, there would have been no Korean War, at least not in the way it actually happened, and Seoul could well be inside Pyonyang's sphere of influence. The problem lies with the setup of the SC. Any one of the big five (US, UK, Russia [uSSR] France or China [ROC until 1971]) can use their veto to deny any motion on the table, effectively killing it.

The victors of WWII got permanent seats on the security council. . . unless you count France. . . who wasn't a "victor" since they surrendered and were occupied. . . but we let them have a seat on the council anyways because we pitied them.

The Chinese IIRC are also on the Security Council, and they didn't do so hot in WW2 either (my apologies to any Chinese MW'rs out there, I'm not trying to offend). The Nationalists and the Communists seemed to be as interested in keeping their internicene squabbles going as they were in fighting the Japanese. No area of China of any consequence was liberated until after August 1945. As for the French...yeah, it was definetly a "gimme." :p

The US supported the UN because it was seen as a means of keeping the Soviet Union in check without the need for another cataclysmic war.

Especially with the spectre of nuclear weapons.

It is now a corrupt organization where petty thugs and craptacular despotisms get votes that are held up as being morally equivalent to the votes of true democracies and constitutional republics.

It's always been that way, unfortunately. They day they let a young Yasser Arafat talk about peace in front of the UN while he was leader of a terrorist organization is the day the UN lost all credibility.

Edited by Pat Payne