Tenjin Hidetaka Art Work Valkyries book

Graham

Sweet!

What's even better.... a Macross Zero CG Book seems on its way too!

Hmmm.....I hope it is on the way, but there is always a possibility that they are just pages from the Macross Zero book that was already cancelled.

Graham

What book is this?

I wonder if the picture with yf-19 battroid was a prototype cover for a possible hase yf-19 battroid, pretty cool.

You mean this one?

Mcale.jpg

No, it was from the year 2000 Macross calendar.

Graham

what else is in that macross calendar

Sweet!

Hmmm.....I hope it is on the way, but there is always a possibility that they are just pages from the Macross Zero book that was already cancelled.

Graham

What book is this?

Misunderstanding on my part. It looked like the Tenjin book was advertising a seperate Macross Zero CG book to me, but I don't that is the case.

Sweet!

Graham

What book is this?

See this thread.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=0entry260101

Graham

I know about the one that was cancelled but it sounded like someone was saying another one was coming out.

Very Confusing :unsure:

Oh man, how the heck do I get a copy of this. I wonder if I can order it on Japan Amazon.com.

You can order it from either Hobby Link Japan or amazon.co.jp.

Note, you have to sign up to use amazon.co.jp, you cannot use your regular amazon.com account. However, they have an page in English for signing up, so it's not difficult. I've ordered many times from them and they ship far quicker than HLJ.

Graham

Its hard for me to say right now but, can anyone tell me what exactly tenjin does to illustrate? Does he do 3d CG modeling programs or just straight up drawing>? Either way it is beautiful and right now I am out of the looop concerning his works, this si the reason I ask. HAd no idea he did the macross plus poster back in 2000, that one was badass

Does he do 3d CG modeling programs or just straight up drawing>?

IMO he is skilled both in 3d CG, graphic programs and straight up drawing and use them for his illustration.

Anyways I think its written in his profile if someone can translate.

For those that ordered from HLJ, I expect you'll receive you books.......oh in about 5 weeks or so  :p  Tee Hee  :lol:

Graham

verify it as in stock, 1day with Hlj

Request payment, 1day with hlj

Verify the payment, 1day with hlj

Prepare the package, 1 day with hlj

*weekend*

ship it, 1 day with hlj

notify the shipping, 1 day with hlj

Some things are fast, for anything else there is HLJ

:rolleyes:

R10 do in 1-2 days what HLJ do. :angry:

Edited by Ido

As there's been a few threads recently complaining about the slow order processing/delivery time with HLJ, I decided to try an experiment.

When the Tenjin book was first announced several weeks ago, I placed a preorder at the same time with both HLJ and amazon.co.jp. The preorders were placed just minutes apart.

It will be interesting to see what the time difference is between the arrival of the books from the two companies.

Graham

well, I stopped by my local kinokuniya bookstore and placed an order of 2 and they said it'll take a good 4 to 6 weeks to arrive. Man that's long! <_<:p:D:lol:

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon (Monday April 18) from amazon.co.jp. Still no news from HLJ about my order with them.

As Nanashino said, it is an awesome book and if you are a fan of Tenjin's art or just a fan of nicely drawn VFs, then you owe it to yourself to order this book.

The book contains the following artwork: -

• All of Tenjin's Hasegawa Macross model box art, up to and including the VF-1A/J/S fighter kit released last month.
  • Tenjin's art from the Japanese Macross Plus, Macross Zero & SDF-Macross DVDs.
  • Tenjin's box art and promotional art for the Playstation games; VF-X2 and Macross Plus Game Edition.
  • Tenjin's art from the Macross 2000 calendar.
  • Some newly created art, such as the cover art, a picture of Roy and a large folding VF-1 pic at the back of the book.
  • Various work that Tenjin did for the Macross Zero OVA.
  • One non-Macross picture, a Spitfire MK I.

Great book.

Graham