Yamato 1/48 Low-viz

KingNor

Is there any word on how many Low-Viz valks were made?

It'd be intresting to know.

they were a limited edition so therefore they are no longer on sale. Try looking for them on Ebay, I hear they are selling for $700 bucks, last I heard

Is there any word on how many Low-Viz valks were made?

It'd be intresting to know.

they were a limited edition so therefore they are no longer on sale. Try looking for them on Ebay, I hear they are selling for $700 bucks, last I heard

This wasn't the answer KingNor was looking for

Wasn't a "Full Run" somewhere along the lines of 12000-15000 pieces?

then a LTD run might be around 40%-50% of that 4500-8000 pieces

I don't understand the hoopla over the Low Viz. I had one, and liked it less than the others out at the time. It's just a grey 1A. The 1A Max didn't do anything for me either and now everyone clamors for them. I was glad, however, to sell them both at a profit rather than a loss.

I don't understand the hoopla over the Low Viz. I had one, and liked it less than the others out at the time. It's just a grey 1A. The 1A Max didn't do anything for me either and now everyone clamors for them. I was glad, however, to sell them both at a profit rather than a loss.

Yeah. Whenever a 1/48 gets scarcer, the more people want it. <_<

Wowzers, that's a helluva lot lower number for the production of Low Viz valks than I figured!!! Still, I too was plenty happy to unload mine for a fair profit. Mechnaically, the 1/48 is a great looking piece... but the Low Viz scheme was just underwhelming to me.... it basically looked like primer grey. I also didn't much care for the rather splotchy attempt at weathering. Woo-hoo. IMO, it takes a lot of finess to pull off a Low Viz paint scheme... probably best left for modelers.

It would have been cooler if this toy made an appearance in macross zero.

I think people were hoping to see roy fokker beating the anti-un in this lol

It's just a grey 1A.

With black splotches and a mystery pilot! :D I just imagine it's the ghost of shin from when he died in macross zero.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

It would have been cooler if this toy made an appearance in macross zero.

I think people were hoping to see roy fokker beating the anti-un in this lol

It's just a grey 1A.

With black splotches and a mystery pilot! :D I just imagine it's the ghost of shin from when he died in macross zero.

uhh...Shin didn't die on Macross Zero...

Do we know either way? Ok so he floats into space with a damaged valk and limited oxygen and magically folds to another location then? (even though his machine has no fold booster) B)) I thought the ending was too weird to make sense of which is why people hated the ending so much..Maybe if there is a movie version made some day (maybe they could include an easter egg appearance of the low visibility vf1a in the background) it can explain the ending better?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Do we know either way? Ok so he floats into space with a damaged valk and limited oxygen and magically folds to another location then? (even though his machine has no fold booster)  B))  I thought the ending was too weird to make sense of which is why people hated the ending so much..Maybe if there is a movie version made some day (maybe they could include an easter egg appearance of the low visibility vf1a in the background) it can explain the ending better?

ehh...it's been a while since i've seen M0...memory's foggy...and my friend has all my other episodes and i hate watching an episode in the middle or end of the series...

i guess having the M0 movie would be good...it would be good to explain the M0 style pilot and all...

btw...did anyone recast the lowvis pilot? i wouldn't mind puttin' a skull on there and making it look like roy :)

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!