Soul Calibur 3

bandit29

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/soulcal..._hp_flashtop_bg

Namco unveiled details on Soul Calibur III today and confirmed the game's release this year in the US. The title is the third entry in the Soul Calibur series, Namco's impressive weapon-based fighting franchise that began on the original PlayStation. According to currently available information, it appears that, unlike its predecessor Soul Calibur II, the game will be exclusive to the PlayStation 2 when it ships sometime this year.

Kick ass!!

it's SCIII is being semi discussed here... http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=14012

but i guess it's better to have a SCIII official thread...seems like we can't get enough of those lately :rolleyes:

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

It will come out on Xbox and Gamecube later, no doubt. The Gamecube version of SCII sold better than the PS2 and XBox versions, thanks to Link being included so it would be ridiculous if Namco never released this game on other platforms.

Likely a temporary exclusivity deal, like Dead or Alive 2 on the PS2/DC back in the day or GTA3.

Maybe IF Sony and Microsoft choose better characters to on their verisons of SC2 they would've sold better.

XBOX gets SPAWN. :lol: What a friggin joke........now if they had the dude from Ninja Gaiden that would've been better.

I also think PS2 version should've had Solid Snake. :lol:

Maybe IF Sony and Microsoft choose better characters to on their verisons of SC2 they would've sold better.

XBOX gets SPAWN. :lol: What a friggin joke........now if they had the dude from Ninja Gaiden that would've been better.

I also think PS2 version should've had Solid Snake. :lol:

The rule of thumb for the PS2 was - "Anyone but Heihachi."

Spawn was actually a pretty fun character to play.

XBOX gets SPAWN.  :lol:  What a friggin joke........now if they had the dude from Ninja Gaiden that would've been better.

I also think PS2 version should've had Solid Snake.  :lol:

The rule of thumb for the PS2 was - "Anyone but Heihachi."

Spawn was actually a pretty fun character to play.

Yeah, and I thought Link was a big selling-point for it on the GameCube? They'll probably put a RE4 on it and announce it for the others later.

Having it exclusively on the PS2 wouldn't suck quite so bad if the PS2 didn't have such horrendous load times. But, reguardless of how well it sold on the Cube, I still say it's better to have it exclusive for the PS2 than the Gamecube.

Having it exclusively on the PS2 wouldn't suck quite so bad if the PS2 didn't have such horrendous load times.  But, reguardless of how well it sold on the Cube, I still say it's better to have it exclusive for the PS2 than the Gamecube.

Its only better for Namco. You can squeeze a lot more goodness out of Xbox and/or Gamecube. They should have released SCIII in like... the early days of the PS2 when its graphics were still impressive. But if anyone can do it, Namco can.

Considering I have PS2 and GCN, I don't mind. Load times don't bug me as much as they did back when PS1 was king. What I'm **really** hoping for is that they keep the option of sticking to the original Japanese voice actors. Mitsurugi and Taki not speaking in Japanese is just wrong, man. And there's no emotion in the English voices. X_x'''

For the love of Primus, I hope they stick to Japanese voices for SC3.

yea i hated the american voices for the gamecube version, they sounded aweful. i played soul caliber 1 for my dreamcast for god knows how long and i was so used to the voices on that one.

i wonder what lamer than dogpoo character exclusive list they will pick from for the ps2 version...

probably spiro the dragon or something irritating to that effect :D

well the whole game is a exclusive for the ps-2 so i do not believe there will be some sort of special character just for it taken from another game, it seems like there are new people to choose from, but they are specially made for the game and seem to fit in with the soul caliber theme. maybe if they ever do decide to release it way later on for the other systems those will get some sort of limited character.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

SC3 better on the cube???? PLEASE!!!!!!

The only thing the cube is good for is..................kids games :D:D:D:D

Now, don't get testy people. The cube is in third place for a reallyg good reason.

Wait, resident evil 4 is a good game. That's one............ o.k. im done. :p

Edited by MGREXX

Now, don't get testy people. The cube is in third place for a reallyg good reason.

Fact: Cube has a higher ration of M games than PS2.

Fact: Cube and XBox are tied for a VERY distant second-place. Cube's a little behind in some places, XBox is a little behind in others.

Opinion: The only thing the Cube is good for is REAL games without all the bullshit marketing hype that Sony and Microsoft rely on to push mediocre, or even raw sewage titles onto sales lists.

STFU. :lol:

....and I own a Gamecube, PS2, PSP, and GBA SP so I'm not biased.

SC3 better on the cube????  PLEASE!!!!!!

The only thing the cube is good for is..................kids games :D  :D  :D  :D

Now, don't get testy people.  The cube is in third place for a reallyg good reason.

Wait, resident evil 4 is a good game.  That's one............ o.k. im done. :p

STFU. :lol:

....and I own a Gamecube, PS2, PSP, and GBA SP so I'm not biased.

yes you are since you don't own an xbox :p

Its only better for Namco. You can squeeze a lot more goodness out of Xbox and/or Gamecube. They should have released SCIII in like... the early days of the PS2 when its graphics were still impressive. But if anyone can do it, Namco can.

Were those the early days of time that never existed, because I honestly can't remember a time that teh PS2 graphics were ever "good."

Dreamcast games looked better than early PS2 games, and once the launch Gamecube and XBox games came out, well...

The only real benefit I can see of SCIII on the PS2 is the better range of arcade sticks and decent game pads (aftermarket, the Dual Shocks suck) when compared to the XBox or Gamecube. But really, with an adaptor or two it's pretty much irrelevant.

Mods please lock this thread, it has been threadcrapped by console fanboys long enough without any on-topic posts. :rolleyes:

I guess its to be expected since SC2 was released on all 3 platforms and now SC3, so far, is only being released on the PS2. The other two feel left out and unloved lol.

Ah this will probably come out the X-Box and the Lame cube. Console exclusives don't mean much anymore.

Mods please lock this thread, it has been threadcrapped by console fanboys long enough without any on-topic posts.  :rolleyes:

I guess its to be expected since SC2 was released on all 3 platforms and now SC3, so far, is only being released on the PS2. The other two feel left out and unloved lol.

Ah this will probably come out the X-Box and the Lame cube. Console exclusives don't mean much anymore.

yah pretty much, be like asking a company not to make money.

I say SC2 was best on the PS2 because of the controler. What good is a pretty fighting game if the controler is sh!t? The Xbox was a pain in the ass and the Gamecube wa just horrendous.

Wonder if Siegfried is going to be back, Nightmare's SC2 ending had him find the Soul Calibur and become Siegfried again.

Edited by Druna Skass

I say SC2 was best on the PS2 because of the controler. What good is a pretty fighting game if the controler is sh!t? The Xbox was a pain in the ass and the Gamecube wa just horrendous.

Who plays fighters with a pad anyways?

Suck it up and drop a couple bucks on a joystick.

Heck, SC2 generated an XCube 2 stick with SC2 artwork on it.

The cube controller was just fine. I think Xbox-S was the best one, Ps2 has that damn idiotic cross pad. It doesn't matter though, I kick ass with all 3.

I'm with Max on this. The Xbox controller is fine for fighting games. If you gotta play on the PS2, get that Logitech Cordless Action controller.

Joysticks for fighting games might sim the arcade experience better, but who goes to arcades anymore? Personally, I think arcade sticks are unwieldy.

I'll admit, Cube owners got the best Soul Calibur II simply because Link was better than Heihachi or Spawn. But just because the Cube got the best version last time doesn't mean the Cube is the most logical choice to release Soul Calibur III on. If you're only going to make one console version, the PS2 is always the logical choice... not because it's better in any way, but because the installed user base is more than the installed user base for the Xbox and Gamecube combined.

That said, as a truly impartial gamer (I own a Cube, Xbox, PS2, GBA SP, DS, and PSP), I stand by my earlier statement... I'd rather play Soul Calibur on the PS2 than on the Gamecube. Although the Gamecube has a few stellar titles, it's been a dissapointment on almost every front. Ultimately, though, an Xbox version with Live support would be most desireable for Soul Calibur III.

Oh I can name a genrous number of people who do play with a pad buddy. A whole generous number who've been playing a pad since Street Fighter II.

If my opinion irks you so much, then why don't you drop a couple bucks on a joystick and buy one for me, you just might change it to an opinion you like. Personaly I can play with both, but I'd much rather use a controler, hurts my fingers less, meaning I can play longer.

The cube controller was just fine. I think Xbox-S was the best one, Ps2 has that damn idiotic cross pad. It doesn't matter though, I kick ass with all 3.

I'm with Max on this. The Xbox controller is fine for fighting games. If you gotta play on the PS2, get that Logitech Cordless Action controller.

Joysticks for fighting games might sim the arcade experience better, but who goes to arcades anymore? Personally, I think arcade sticks are unwieldy.

I think joysticks are just plain better.

I've done side-by-side comparisons, and I play better with a stick than with a pad in most cases.

Oh I can name a genrous number of people who do play with a pad buddy. A whole generous number who've been playing a pad since Street Fighter II.

If my opinion irks you so much, then why don't you drop a couple bucks on a joystick and buy one for me, you just might change it to an opinion you like.

*blinks*

Ooookay then...

Personaly I can play with both, but I'd much rather use a controler, hurts my fingers less, meaning I can play longer.

Personally, I've never had either device hurt my fingers, with rare exceptions(Sony-brand PS1 d-pads spring to mind, as do TI-brand 99/4a joysticks).

Personaly I can play with both, but I'd much rather use a controler, hurts my fingers less, meaning I can play longer.

Personally, I've never had either device hurt my fingers, with rare exceptions(Sony-brand PS1 d-pads spring to mind, as do TI-brand 99/4a joysticks).

On D-pad intensive games like sidescrollers, the Dual Shocks still destroy my thumbs. The downside of arcade sticks is that it costs a fair amount of money to get a decent one, and to most people it's just not worth it. On the other hand, a nice Sega Saturn controller for the PS2 costs about $30 and is probably the best balance.

Again, the multi-platform issue is pretty much a non-issue, as it'd be VERY surprising if we didn't see SCIII on other platforms down the line. There's really no benefit of releasing a game on only one system if the company can afford it and know it will sell, which SCIII definately will.

The device that springs to mind that hurt my fingers would be would be the arcade stick. I hate having to arch my fingers in some claw-like manner to hit the buttons.