Soul Calibur 3

bandit29

Personally, I've never had either device hurt my fingers, with rare exceptions(Sony-brand PS1 d-pads spring to mind, as do TI-brand 99/4a joysticks).

The device that springs to mind that hurt my fingers would be would be the arcade stick. I hate having to arch my fingers in some claw-like manner to hit the buttons.

Most people I know just lay their hands flat ovver the buttons...

Personaly I can play with both, but I'd much rather use a controler, hurts my fingers less, meaning I can play longer.

Personally, I've never had either device hurt my fingers, with rare exceptions(Sony-brand PS1 d-pads spring to mind, as do TI-brand 99/4a joysticks).

On D-pad intensive games like sidescrollers, the Dual Shocks still destroy my thumbs. The downside of arcade sticks is that it costs a fair amount of money to get a decent one, and to most people it's just not worth it. On the other hand, a nice Sega Saturn controller for the PS2 costs about $30 and is probably the best balance.

I'm using the afore-mentioned Soul Caliber 2 stick.

Not the best stick ever, but good enough. I think I paid 20$ for it, admittedly not when it was new.

I still find the PS Saturn pad incredibly ironic.

The device that springs to mind that hurt my fingers would be would be the arcade stick. I hate having to arch my fingers in some claw-like manner to hit the buttons.

Most people I know just lay their hands flat ovver the buttons...

nice way to get carpel tunnel

Were those the early days of time that never existed, because I honestly can't remember a time that teh PS2 graphics were ever "good."

Dreamcast games looked better than early PS2 games, and once the launch Gamecube and XBox games came out, well...

O_o ?

Metal. Gear. Solid. 2 and 3.

-Al