Namco 50th anniversary

the chick in the green with the big ol' circular blade thingy reminds me of voldo...hope they still have nightmare or sigfried...if not then someone simular....can't be soul calibur without someone with a big ass sword :rolleyes: ....having mitsurugi and taki isn't bad though...mit's the first character i got at least half way decent with... the character creater idea seems pretty good too...hopefully there will be downloadable costumes for characters or something to that degree...either way, SCIII looks very promising...

as for the namco anniversary edition game...for one i didn't know namco was that old... :mellow: it would be nice to have a pack like that full of old school games...

as for the namco anniversary edition game...for one i didn't know namco was that old... :mellow: it would be nice to have a pack like that full of old school games...

Dude, Pacman...

but dude...that's the early 70's no? :mellow:

true, namco has not been making video games for 50 years :ph34r: maybe they made other things before they got into video games and have been around for 50 years total. Nintendo used to make non video games before they created there first video games, i belived they made majhong pieces.

chris

true, namco has not been making video games for 50 years :ph34r: maybe they made other things before they got into video games and have been around for 50 years total. Nintendo used to make non video games before they created there first video games, i belived they made majhong pieces.

chris

Hanafuda cards, actually.

I hope it comes Stateside. I'd buy it just for Ace Combat 2.

As for Soul Calibur III, yeah, it does look good... but as someone with all three consoles, it sucks that Namco is only going to release it for the one with jaggy graphics and horrid load times. I want Soul Calibur III on the Xbox with Live support, damn it!

I'd buy it for AC2...too bad, it isn't AC 1-3 with 3 being the Japanese version. :)

Ace Combat 3, anyway. Air Combat... well, it sucked. Ugly graphics, nasty controls...

But Ace Combat 3 would rock on there.

I would argue "Air Combat" was pretty revolutionary in the mid-1990s when it made it's debut. Granted, after a year or two of playing AC4/5, I felt like someone threw the "retarded" switch when I tried to play AC1 again, but we've come a long way since those days. (And I always did think some of the music was catchy... fortunately for me, the Disc plays in my CDplayer too.)

The first AC was enjoyable, for a 1st gen PS1 game. The music was cool too. I just love the guitars on the rock tracks. Hated the electronica music that appeared on 2.

Just scored a used copy of 3 the other day. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Did you get the import or US version of Ace Combat 3? The Japanese version was 2 discs with cutscenes/movies. The US version was trimmed down to one disc.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/driving/acecomb...ere/review.html

I would think that this collection of Namco games would come to the US if not I'll import I guess.

The first AC was enjoyable, for a 1st gen PS1 game.  The music was cool too.  I just love the guitars on the rock tracks.  Hated the electronica music that appeared on 2. 

Just scored a used copy of 3 the other day.  Haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Did you get the import or US version of Ace Combat 3? The Japanese version was 2 discs with cutscenes/movies. The US version was trimmed down to one disc.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/driving/acecomb...ere/review.html

I would think that this collection of Namco games would come to the US if not I'll import I guess.

I'd be willing to bet that it'll make it Stateside. I mean, Namco jumpstarted the retro collection scene with the first Namco Museum way back on PSone, and by now, retro collections are the in thing... I mean, just for the current generation (no PSone collections) Intellivision had one or two, Atari had one or two, Midway is working on their third, Sega did one plus a Sonic Collection, Capcom did one for Megaman and one for Street Fighter, etc.