Newbie Questions on Macross

Are you thinking perhaps of the Zentradi language word "Dekalcha?" (not sure of spelling). In actual Japanese, "Unthinkable/absurd/inconcievable" is conveyed by words such as "masaka" ("really?" "I ain't believeing this..."or "Ya gotta be kidding") or "bakana/bakabashii" ("stupid" "idiotic" "unbeleiviabally idiotic" or "ya gotta be kidding me on just how idiotic that is")

Edited by Pat Payne

Quick question concerning Millia in M7: why does she wear a flightsuit from SDF if designs are supposed to be inspired by DYRL?  :huh:

not to mention it was Hikaru's flight suit, not her own.... hmmmm... and now they are seperated....

You mean...? :huh:

Poor Max! Maybe that is the reason why they are living apart... :(

I think you must be right, Pat. The katakana transliteration (from the original Zentradi :) ) is デカルチャ apparently--based on doing a google.co.jp search. It shows up a lot in the phrase "ヤック! デカルチャ!" (Yakku! Dekarucha!). I notice that Kamjin (and Millia?) say it in the PS2 Macross game when you beat them.

Contrary to what I thought, the turrets with three bumps could also be energy guns (maybe lasers).

Anyway, I do think Compendium's stats are referring to Movie instead of TV series.

FV

could be coarse macross isn't the most accurate anime around.

hears a pic i made of it in cruiser firing one of its turrets.

post-2-1094459505_thumb.jpg

Ok i didn't read all the 52 pages of posts. but there is something i've been pondering for a long time.. Can some one explain the concept of reflex reactors... weaponry. the reflex engines... please. i haven't found any sources that has explained reflex reactors many just don't even mention it at all. i understand that in the macross world the reflex theory was explained in detail but that don't help us that's not in the macross world.... and i don't mean macross world as in this site.

what do you mean wrong group reflex weaponry is clearly in macross. a specific example would be in macross 7

reflex != Macross.

Reflex == Robotech.

There are no such things as "Reflex" in Macross.

what do you mean wrong group reflex weaponry is clearly in macross. a specific example would be in macross 7

I think you mean reaction weapons. Do a search, you're sure to find some discussions on the matter.

Edited by valk1j

I shall post this here. Don't wanna make another thread. Its so funny.

Today a friend's friend (let's call him B) told him (A) that whatshisname who wrote the Robotech novels was the original idea behind ...urmmm....Robotech. He wrote the stories but at that time, there was apparently no way to animate Robotech in the states, so they contracted some Japanese to animate Robotech. :lol::lol::lol:

But get this....when A tried to convince him about Robotech being made up of 3 Jap anime, he got shoved in the face by B, saying that Robotech was eventually seperated into 3 anime in Japan following US's success. ROFLMAO! :lol:

Oh man this was too funny. Thought I'd share it with you all.

I shall post this here. Don't wanna make another thread. Its so funny.

Today a friend's friend (let's call him B) told him (A) that whatshisname who wrote the Robotech novels was the original idea behind ...urmmm....Robotech. He wrote the stories but at that time, there was apparently no way to animate Robotech in the states, so they contracted some Japanese to animate Robotech. :lol::lol::lol:

But get this....when A tried to convince him about Robotech being made up of 3 Jap anime, he got shoved in the face by B, saying that Robotech was eventually seperated into 3 anime in Japan following US's success. ROFLMAO! :lol:

Oh man this was too funny. Thought I'd share it with you all.

Don't you love how misinformation spreads? :)

Start your own thread next time, this is a Q&A thread.

Hi all,

I was watching mac 0 and couple things caught my eye....What does SWAG stand fore, I know what it is, but not what they stand for..How about PCS, from the movie you can guess it's some kinda reading from the cyclops radar, but they haven't divulged it yet...How about EVOS or AFOS....??? Anyone know???? I checked the glossary and the encyclopedia at the compendium and it turned up nada......Can someone help me??? THANX!

I was watching mac 0 and couple things caught my eye....What does SWAG stand fore, I know what it is, but not what they stand for..How about PCS, from the movie you can guess it's some kinda reading from the cyclops radar, but they haven't divulged it yet...How about EVOS or AFOS....??? Anyone know???? I checked the glossary and the encyclopedia at the compendium and it turned up nada......Can someone help me??? THANX!

If Compendium doesn't mention it, maybe there isn't any official meaning yet.

My guess is that SW-AG stands for Stealth Wing Armor Generator, since the term was created with 3D VF-X which featured SW-AX-1, an experimental attacker with stealth wings.

AFOS maybe is Alien Flying Object Small. The "small" comes from comparing it with the SDF-1.

Mind that these are fan supposition, though.

FV

Hi all,

Those sound completely believable, and PCS could mean ProtoCultureSystem maybe or (lol) sumthin around that......THANX! LOL!!! SW-AG......Now that would be an IMPRESSIVE reactionary detail to say......a car....lol....or he!! the sky's the limit....

Edited by e_jacob77

Those sound completely believable,...

Yet completely fan-made. :)

Dislclaimer

Mind that these are fan supposition, though.

SW-AG? Don't know. It just refers to the type of energy-converting armor.

It's AFOS, not EVOS, not Aphos, not whatever... just AFOS.

http://www.anime.net/macross/story/encyclo...afos/index.html

PCS? It describes a type of Protoculture-related signature.

http://www.anime.net/macross/story/encyclo...lops/index.html

Wow...

Newbie to the forum here... HI ALL..

After reading 17 pages, I realized that there was 35 to go... I recently watched the TV series and plan to watch DYRL again because it's been so long, I forgot most of what happened in it. I've seen M-zero (minus vol 5), M+, M7(TV, Movie, & Dynamite), and Macross II. Anyhow... I've got a few questions... forgive me if they've been asked before. I'd read all the pages, but my eyes are gettin' red, dry, and veiny :blink: .

1.) It drives me nuts not knowing what happened to Hikaru, Misa, and Minmay... Any chance we could expect future series to shed some light to this matter? I mean afterall... he did leave it hangin'.

2.) I know it's been ask....and no one knows who Basara is,... the tabloids say it's Hikaru & Minmay's child, but that's just the "tabloids," simply that. Will light shed on this matter as well??

3.) Who is Aegis Focker?? He does have the nappy blonde hair and tan skin to suggest that he is a descendant of Roy Focker and Claudia, but we all know Roy got killed.

4.) The female pilot on the "wall scroll" w/ the green hair... is that Komira and is she one of Max and Miria's child? Is she from Macross 2036? And what is the story of Macross 2036?

5.) Any new, hints, leaks on the next installment of the Macross series?

6.) In Macross II all the wonders of the world, i.e. Pyramids, the Great Wall, Piza are all located together... Were they rebuilt or moved together to make the park?

7.) Also in Macross II... I know it's depicting an alternate universe, but did anyone notice that the VF-2SS(s) and the VF-2JA(s) weren't capable of leaving earth's atmosphere? Were they trying to make it more "realistic?"

Edited by Kiotcloudkicker

More newbie questions:

(Again, my apologies... if these questions have already been asked.)

1.) Why can't they release the Macross Series, shows, games, etc. in the U.S.? It certainly would help the market for Macross toys, models, etc.

2.) Did the Megaroad-01 do it's first and only debute in Macross Flashback 2012?

Question #2- Yes

Question #1- Liscensing, harmony gold is bitching saying that they hold the current liscense for macross and macross related material, and aren't trying to let go, at least i think it is like that, how manga got a hold of mac+ and macII i don't know, but that is the main reason mac7 and mac0 and the vfx-2, which was actually supposed to be released on playstation1 but harmony gold said no, and now they are requesting permission from anyone selling any macross or robotech related products, i think that is how it goes anyway

Question #2- Yes

Question #1- Liscensing, harmony gold is bitching saying that they hold the current liscense for macross and macross related material, and aren't trying to let go, at least i think it is like that, how manga got a hold of mac+ and macII i don't know, but that is the main reason mac7 and mac0 and the vfx-2, which was actually supposed to be released on playstation1 but harmony gold said no, and now they are requesting permission from anyone selling any macross or robotech related products, i think that is how it goes anyway

:angry:

My blood boils at the at sound of this so called "Harmony Gold" company. They are getting in the way of my entertainment. Who is in charge of HG? Can't we petition them? Speak to them? Threaten to kick Mr. Head of HG's butt...j/k? From they way you described HG... they sound like a stubborn b!tch out to spite everyone and ruin everyone's fun and entertainment.

Edited by Kiotcloudkicker

1.) It drives me nuts not knowing what happened to Hikaru, Misa, and Minmay... Any chance we could expect future series to shed some light to this matter? I mean afterall... he did leave it hangin'.

Re-read my answer on page 1. Next.

Who is Aegis Focker??

The pilot you play in Macross VF-X 2. :p

He does have the nappy blonde hair and tan skin to suggest that he is a descendant of Roy Focker and Claudia, but we all know Roy got killed

It is possible he a decendent of the Focker family. But really, we don't know.

Any new, hints, leaks on the next installment of the Macross series

No. Keep an eye out for any news in the rest of the forum.

In Macross II all the wonders of the world, i.e. Pyramids, the Great Wall, Piza are all located together... Were they rebuilt or moved together to make the park?

Probably moved. Probably rebuilt. Who knows. Who cares?

Also in Macross II... I know it's depicting an alternate universe, but did anyone notice that the VF-2SS(s) and the VF-2JA(s) weren't capable of leaving earth's atmosphere? Were they trying to make it more "realistic?"

Never say never. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it can't.

What does SPACY means? is it engrish for space?

Did all the armed forces of the U.N. form the SPACY?

Think "Navy". Get it? The "y" at the end? :)<_<

http://www.anime.net/macross/story/encyclo...pacy/index.html

No. There are other branches of the UN Armed Forces.

Noted are:

UNS - UN Spacy (Space Navy, get it now????)

UNAF - UN Air Force

UNN - UN Navy

UNSAF- UN Space Air Force

UNSM- UN Space Marines

http://www.anime.net/macross/story/glossary/index.html

Space Navy.... is not correct

Space Forces...

The U. N. Spacy does not use Navy ranks. Only the U. N. Navy does. The Spacy uses Air Force/Army ranks. So Space Army or simply Space Forces might be more correct.

Studio Nue itself has not stated that the Spacy of "United Nations Spacy" specifically stands for "Space Force" or "Space Army." To claim otherwise is made-up speculation. The Japanese term for Spacy is "uchuugun." The same "-gun" is used for the Japanese term for navy ("kaigun"), army ("rikugun"), and air force ("kuugun"). Spacy uses the rough equivalent of World-War-II-era Imperial Japanese Army and modern United States Air Force/Army ranks for its ranks, but it also follows naval traditions for its overall hierarchy (fleets) and positions (CAG, ship captains).

http://www.anime.net/macross/story/encyclo..._nations_spacy/

To go along with Egan here, you don't have to borrow a Y from the end of army or navy to get spacy... you just have to think about why army or navy might have a y at the end.

Army = Armed Forces

Navy = Naval Forces

Spacy = Space Forces

I don't know if its a newbie question or not, however...

I'm curious to know which are the VF that have the best and accurate proportions between Fighter/gerwalk/battroid modes. :rolleyes:

what you mean exactly? you mean actionfigures?

the yamato 1/48 has some of the best proportions in relation to line art, and it carries though all three modes..

if you're talking about proportions in the show.. then you'll have to be more clear what you mean by "best and accurate" since (i hope we all realize) the VF's arn't real planes there isn't much to compair them to.

what you mean exactly?  you mean actionfigures?

the yamato 1/48 has some of the best proportions in relation to line art, and it carries though all three modes..

if you're talking about proportions in the show.. then you'll have to be more clear what you mean by "best and accurate" since (i hope we all realize) the VF's arn't real planes there isn't much to compair them to.

:huh: Argh, i don't know how to explain...

I would like to know which are the VFs that have the most accurate proportion in all modes, imean those Valk in wich the proportions of the parts don't change or don't change too much from fighter to Gerwalk/Battroid,

example: in battroid it have smaller wings and a bigger head that in fighter, so, its porportions are wrong from fighter to battroid.

In another words if it help: The VFs in wich there is less anime magic in the trasformation porportions.

what you mean exactly?  you mean actionfigures?

:huh: Argh, i don't know how to explain...

I would like to know which are the VFs that have the most accurate proportion in all modes, imean those Valk in wich the proportions of the parts don't change or don't change too much from fighter to Gerwalk/Battroid,

example: in battroid it have smaller wings and a bigger head that in fighter, so, its porportions are wrong from fighter to battroid.

In another words if it help: The VFs in wich there is less anime magic in the trasformation porportions.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the VF-22 would be it, because almost everything folds into the inside. From the toys, I'd say the VF-11 doesn't seem to require much anime magic from fighter to Battroid, but I can't say much on Gerwalk. The VF-19 is probably the worst... in going from fighter to Battroid, limbs get bulkier, and the torso gets shorter.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the VF-22 would be it, because almost everything folds into the inside. From the toys, I'd say the VF-11 doesn't seem to require much anime magic from fighter to Battroid, but I can't say much on Gerwalk. The VF-19 is probably the worst... in going from fighter to Battroid, limbs get bulkier, and the torso gets shorter.

Look at the toy for the YF-21 and compare to the YF-21/VF-22 artwork. Those shoulders magically disappear in the artwork, yet stick out quite well on the toy so you have to wonder how those shoulders work. There are also instances where I've seen the legs thicker than they should be in battroid mode on the VF-22. There really isn't any one particular VF that is proportional because lot of the work is done from a camera POV. With M0, there are times where the VF-0's legs grow and stretch in battroid mode and then look thicker and smaller in fighter mode. The lineart/still images doesn't help either since they are done at a different perspectives.

This probably isn't a newbie question since it relies more on opinion than fact.