music

wyaxyz

I'd have lunch with Steven Adler, but if I'm gonna pay anything, I'd maybe pay for his lunch, something simple. Now, if it was popular artist, like say, Brittney Spears, or Carrie Underwood, I can see some deal in that. Still $7500??? I'd rather use that for a Pachinko game. At least that you can keep playing over and over again.

I'd have lunch with Steven Adler, but if I'm gonna pay anything, I'd maybe pay for his lunch, something simple. Now, if it was popular artist, like say, Brittney Spears, or Carrie Underwood, I can see some deal in that. Still $7500??? I'd rather use that for a Pachinko game. At least that you can keep playing over and over again.

Maybe Slash would be worth it. But Steven friggin Adler?? Its plain embarrassing that he even has that stuff on this website...

In dedication to this thread, I posted up a new avatar pic of me singing at Troubador with one of the guitarist from Bad Religion in the background. To the left (that isn't in the picture is the guitarist from NOFX. I think that gives you an idea of the general music I am into.

Some people are just desperate for cash, like the ex-drummer of Guns N' Roses:

Have Lunch with Steven Adler for $7,500 - Proceeds will go to his rehab charity

If I wanted to eat lunch with absolutely nothing and no one I could do that all by myself at the mall and for far less than $7500...

Lady Brown

Feather

Shiki No Uta

Who's Theme

Kujaku

F.I.L.O.

Aruarian Dance

Eclipse

If I Had a Day to Live

Counting Stars

Hiraki

Imaginary Folklore

After Hanabi

Mystline

Highs 2 Lows

The Final View

Kumoni

World's End Rhapsody

Modal Soul

Psychological Counterpoint

For obvious reasons. :(

To the left (that isn't in the picture is the guitarist from NOFX. I think that gives you an idea of the general music I am into.

El Hefe or Eric Melvin :lol: ?

They toured South America this past February and I got to see both shows in Argentina. The first show was top notch but the second show (private show for 200 peolpe) was f u c k i n g awesome.

NOFX is my all time favorite band, I was very lucky being able to hang up with them a couple times!!

Great to know other MW members are into punk like me B))

In dedication to this thread, I posted up a new avatar pic of me singing at Troubador with one of the guitarist from Bad Religion in the background.

Old punker Greg Hetson (also Circle Jerks guitarist)!!! And if NOFX's guitarist was Melvin please tell me you were singing with/for Punk Rock Karaoke ^_^

Steve Soto and Derek O'Brien were also there??? How I envy you :lol:

Old punker Greg Hetson (also Circle Jerks guitarist)!!! And if NOFX's guitarist was Melvin please tell me you were singing with/for Punk Rock Karaoke ^_^

Steve Soto and Derek O'Brien were also there??? How I envy you :lol:

Exactly, PRK!!! Good times, and always a great time. I sing in my own band as well, as well as play guitar, so I've played at places such as this before. This was back several years ago, just waiting for it to come around again.

Exactly, PRK!!! Good times, and always a great time. I sing in my own band as well, as well as play guitar, so I've played at places such as this before. This was back several years ago, just waiting for it to come around again.

That show at Troubador was with Me First and the Gimme Gimme's, must have been a hell of a fun show!! (Note to myself: visit LA more often!!!)

Let me know about your band so I can check it ^_^

Been listening non stop to Another Damn Disappointment latest CD "Relentless" before every surf session. Great punk band!!!

Song "Rotten" if anyone want's to check...

That show at Troubador was with Me First and the Gimme Gimme's, must have been a hell of a fun show!! (Note to myself: visit LA more often!!!)

Let me know about your band so I can check it ^_^

Been listening non stop to Another Damn Disappointment latest CD "Relentless" before every surf session. Great punk band!!!

Song "Rotten" if anyone want's to check...

Yeah, it was that show, at least I think so. I've been to quite a few of them, so it gets hard to remember them. As for my band, it's mostly cover songs, some 80s, some punk stuff, like Rancid, some AFI, but mostly we take 80s songs like the Cure, INXS, stuff like that, and punk it up a bit. My older bands from several years ago, we used to play places like Viper Room, the Gig, Troubador, Martini Lounge, the Key Club. We were busy. I'd do it again if I could get guys close enough to practice on regular basis. It takes a crapload of work to just get "decent"

Anyone here pick up Sting in the Tail by the Scorpions? It's supposed to be their last album ever, as they're calling it quits after 45 years.

Also, Nightwish fans may want to check out the album, as the band does a duet with former vocalist Tarja Turunen on one song.

Anyone here pick up Sting in the Tail by the Scorpions? It's supposed to be their last album ever, as they're calling it quits after 45 years.

I think you answered the question as to why I won't be picking it up right there..

Taksraven

Especially Virgin Killer (if you can find the original). :ph34r:

If I remember correctly wasn't that cover banned in many places because it presented a girl that was waaaayyyy tooo young on the cover? Of course most of the world got the version that was just the band over a black background.

If I remember correctly wasn't that cover banned in many places because it presented a girl that was waaaayyyy tooo young on the cover? Of course most of the world got the version that was just the band over a black background.

Some quotes about the album:

'We didn't actually have the idea. It was the record company. The record company guys were like, 'Even if we have to go to jail, there's no question that we'll release that.' On the song 'Virgin Killer', time is the virgin killer. But then, when we had to do the interviews about it, we said 'Look, listen to the lyrics and then you'll know what we're talking about. We're using this only to get attention. That's what we do.' Even the girl, when we met her fifteen years later, had no problem with the cover. Growing up in Europe, sexuality, of course not with children, was very normal. The lyrics really say it all. Time is the virgin killer. A kid comes into the world very naive, they lose that naiveness and then go into this life losing all of this getting into trouble. That was the basic idea about all of it" - Rudolf Schenker, guitarist

"Looking at that picture today makes me cringe. It was done in the worst possible taste. Back then I was too immature to see that. Shame on me—I should have done everything in my power to stop it. The record company came up with the idea, I think. The lyrics incidentally were a take-off on KISS, whom we had just supported on a tour. I was fooling around and played the riff of the song in the rehearsal room and spontaneously improvised 'cause he's a virgin killer!' trying to do a more or less way-off-the-mark Paul Stanley impersonation. Klaus immediately said 'that's great! You should do something with it.' Then I had the unenviable task of constructing a meaningful set of lyrics around the title, which I actually managed to do to some degree. But the song has a totally different meaning from what people would assume at first. Virgin Killer is none other than the demon of our time, the less compassionate side of the societies we live in today—brutally trampling upon the heart and soul of innocence." - Uli Jon Roth, ex-guitarist

Edited by areaseven

NSFW!!!!! BIG TIME!!!!!!

More info right here:

This link has become an un-link.

Not even Marzans earlier post is enough to indicate how potentially bad it is.....

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

Absolutely hilarious list. I completely agree with the lot of them.

I particularly enjoyed Millie Jackson's cover! It made me kinda wonder what kind of people work at a record company that allows those kinds of record covers to make it to release. I mean, isn't there anyone in the whole process who kinda stands up and says... "Mmmh, I kinda think this cover won't sell too well boss.."

Absolutely hilarious list. I completely agree with the lot of them.

I particularly enjoyed Millie Jackson's cover! It made me kinda wonder what kind of people work at a record company that allows those kinds of record covers to make it to release. I mean, isn't there anyone in the whole process who kinda stands up and says... "Mmmh, I kinda think this cover won't sell too well boss.."

Yeah...it was an almost perfect list.

It should've had this one, though:

manyfacetsofroger.jpg

Yeah...it was an almost perfect list.

It should've had this one, though:

manyfacetsofroger.jpg

Seems that all of the "facets" are drunk. LOL.

Taksraven