music

wyaxyz

Hmm...I never realized that "Baby Got Back" and "2 Legit 2 Quit" had such heavy meaning behind them... :p

I dunno, really...even '80s and '90s stuff generally sounds a little TOO produced for my taste, unless I'm just in the mood for ear candy. If I want something that really roars, I'd rather listen to '60s stuff.

When I want to listen to REALLY GOOD STUFF forget the 60's, bring on the '00 music.... yep 9900BC, let's bang on some turtle shells, put on the lion cloths, and dance to the beat!

"Bring Tha Noise" I think you mean :)

Best rap metal album ever: Judgement Night Soundtrack

To me, it captures the essence of the alternative and rap music scenes of the early 90's like nothing else.

I really like the first Bodycount album (Yes, I know, that should probably go in the "guilty pleasures" thread)

Taksraven

When I want to listen to REALLY GOOD STUFF forget the 60's, bring on the '00 music.... yep 9900BC, let's bang on some turtle shells, put on the lion cloths, and dance to the beat!

Let's not forget about firing flaming arrows at a picture of Saddam Heussein! B))

TED NUGENT FOR FREAKING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!

Thanks to that Cadbury Commercial and those kids with the EYEBROWS! I'm listening to Freestyle's Don't Stop the Rock over and over again on youtube!

C'mon, admit it you KNOW you'd sing along if you knew the lyrics!

Well now you do!

"Freestyle's kickin' in the house tonight. Mooove your body from left to right.

To all you freaks, don't stop the rock that's freestyle speakin' and you know I'm right"

Now make those eyebrows dance BOYYYYEEEEEEE!

I really like the first Bodycount album (Yes, I know, that should probably go in the "guilty pleasures" thread)

Taksraven

Oh, Man... I think I still have this tape somewhere... A guilty pleasure, definately!

Evil D**k is the funniest damn song!

Just how good are The Black Eyed Peas Getting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK1CGsUi6w4...player_embedded

This song, just makes me feel awesomely good. Love it! Fergie needs to stay with the group more, just icing on the cake.

Mind candy for the masses. NEXT!!!!!

Taksraven

Mind candy for the masses. NEXT!!!!!

Taksraven

get over yourself lol hater, this song is nice. and wtf is that Gubaba? *_*

I'll take your Canyons MInd Candy and give you Children Collide! :D awesome aussie band!

Social Currency

Farewell Rocketship Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

"Bring Tha Noise" I think you mean :)

Best rap metal album ever: Judgement Night Soundtrack

To me, it captures the essence of the alternative and rap music scenes of the early 90's like nothing else.

Best Track on that album:

Faith No More and Boo-Yaa Tribe: Another body murdered

Close second is Helmet and House of Pain: Just another victim

Best Track on that album:

Faith No More and Boo-Yaa Tribe: Another body murdered

Close second is Helmet and House of Pain: Just another victim

More Faith No More...

"Falling to Pieces".

"Epic" (boy, was Bjork royally pissed when she found out what the band did to her fish; My view of the subject mirrors that of Scott Ian Rosenfeld- "F*ck P.E.T.A..").

Their version of "War Pigs" is rather good, but no where near as good as Ozzy Sabbath.

Little known fact- A member of the band was the voice of "The Darkness" in the game of the same name. The amazing thing is that it was done without any enhancement.

Edited by Wanzerfan

Caroline's Spine, all the way. Jimmy is now all that remains, but since he's the one who started this band, I think it will still be the best of hard/alternative rock.

Their last album, Captured, is the best. It's just phenomenal.

You need to check it out. Amazon only has four of their albums listed, but I think there are close to twenty in existence.

More Faith No More...

"Falling to Pieces".

"Epic" (boy, was Bjork royally pissed when she found out what the band did to her fish; My view of the subject mirrors that of Scott Ian Rosenfeld- "F*ck P.E.T.A..").

Their version of "War Pigs" is rather good, but no where near as good as Ozzy Sabbath.

Little known fact- A member of the band was the voice of "The Darkness" in the game of the same name. The amazing thing is that it was done without any enhancement.

I know, I'm a big FNM fan from way back. It was Mike Patton, the lead singer. He's probably the most diverse, talented vocalist on the planet. If you really want to hear what he can do with his voice, check out Faith No More's CD Angel Dust, any Mr. Bungle CD, or the song he did with Sepultura on their Roots CD.

I know, I'm a big FNM fan from way back. It was Mike Patton, the lead singer. He's probably the most diverse, talented vocalist on the planet. If you really want to hear what he can do with his voice, check out Faith No More's CD Angel Dust, any Mr. Bungle CD, or the song he did with Sepultura on their Roots CD.

I can't stand Mr. Bungle. My brother has the debut CD, and god, did it turn me off. He says there are two kinds of people, Faith No More fans or Mr. Bungle fans, and that not a lot of people like both.

Sabbath Time-

"Black Sabbath"

"Faeries(?) Wear Boots"

"Paranoid"

"War Pigs"

"N. I. B."

Linkin Park-

"In the End"

3 Doors Down-

"Kryptonite"

"Let Me be Myself"

Disturbed-

"The Game"- When I had True Crime: Streets of LA, I had that song blasting while I was in shootout stages; very cathartic.

"Down With the Sickness"

Drowning Pool-

"Let the Bodies Hit the Floor"

"Enemy"- Good lord, did they ever find someone to replace their late lead singer; does that man have pipes. Great video, too.

Edited by Wanzerfan

I can't stand Mr. Bungle. My brother has the debut CD, and god, did it turn me off. He says there are two kinds of people, Faith No More fans or Mr. Bungle fans, and that not a lot of people like both.

That can't be true, because I don't like either all that much (although I bought the Mr. Bungle debut album when it came out, but never bought a Faith No More album). Really, there are only two kinds of people: people who believe there are only two kinds of people, and those who are smart enough to know better.

Really, there are only two kinds of people: people who believe there are only two kinds of people, and those who are smart enough to know better.

Sorry to keep picking on you recently - but this is a contradictory statement.

Because, if one of the "two kinds of people" you list are "people who believe there are only two kinds of people" - then in fact, "people who believe there are only two kinds of people" are people like you/the statement maker, who clearly states "there are only two kinds of people."

Now - if the other of the "two kinds of people" are people "who are smart enough to know better" - than this implies that "those who are smart enough to know better" are actually PART OF the "two kinds of people" talked about in the statement - ergo - they actually don't know better, because they are one of the two kinds of people there are.

Maybe another way to put this is, you have written:

A = (A and B)

Because:

There are Two Kinds of People = People who think there are two kinds of people = A (I submit that there is parity between the person who states "there are two kinds of people" and the person who THINKS there are two kinds people, since to state it, you NECESSARILY must THINK it.

Whereas B = people who "are smart enough to know better."

But A cannot = A and B

That is, you can't at once state that there are ONLY TWO kinds of people and then imply that one of the two kinds of people are people who KNOW that there are MORE than two kinds of people.

In fact - it is the ONLY which makes this illogical. Only implies exclussivity.

So there are ONLY (exlussively) two kinds of people (axiom 1) and one kind of people "are smart enough to know better" aka to know that there are MORE than two kinds of people? (contradicts the first axiom).

So which is it:

Are there ONLY two kinds of people - or are there two kinds of people (not just "only" two kinds) - namely the kind that think there are ONLY two kinds of people and those smart enough to know better?

Yeah..

That's it - I think.

Get rid of the "only" and then the statement makes sense.

Otherwise it is self-contradictory.

I think...

Pete

I'll have you know that people who drink vodka DON'T GET UP IN THE MORNING :)

I used to drink vodka regularly every day - but I would start around 2 pm, because I'd wake up at 12 noon and need to shower and get dressed. Then it would take me a while to take the metro downtown to my favorite speak easy, which opened at 2 pm and I'd usually have my first vodka then.

The place would fill up by around 5 or 6 and there'd be people to drink with.

By about midnight everybody was drunk and puking and that's when we'd go clubbing :)

We'd dance till about 10 am in the morning and most people would pass out or hit the sack by then.

Weekends were none stop.

But that all ended when I opened my store and stopped buying vodka and started buying valkyrie.

Now I can't drink at all because I have a car...

But maybe one day...

Pete

:lol::lol:

What about this axiom:

People that drink too much vodka in the morning post insane nonsense

Pete drank too much vodka this morning

Pete posts....

^_^

I hear punk and ska by the way.

I'm now streaming 107.5 The Eagle.

Steve Miller Band "Rockin' Me"

The Tubes "She's a Beauty"

Derek and the Dominoes "Layla"

The Eagles "Heartache Tonight"

I just learned the Phil Collins of Genesis fame can no longer play the drums. He had neck surgery recently and now has no feeling whatsoever in his fingers. The doctors also say that the feeing will never return.

Edited by Wanzerfan

I just learned the Phil Collins of Genesis fame can no longer play the drums. He had neck surgery recently and now has no feeling whatsoever in his fingers. The doctors also say that the feeing will never return.

Well I am sure that he will survive. All he has to do is lie back on his pile of money. No point getting too bothered when FRC's lose the ability to add to their already staggering mountains of cash.

They portrayed him well in South Park though.

Taksraven

lol TIMMEYH! ru-ru-ruah-eh-ah!

The best part of the South Park episode featuring Phil Collins is that for the whole show he is holding the Academy Award that he won for the Disney Tarzan song, which beat out Bigger, Longer and Uncuts "Blame Canada". And at the end of the episode you can see that the Academy Award has been shoved up his arse. Matt and Trey know how to get revenge. :lol:

Taksraven