music

wyaxyz

I can listen to just about anything, A to Z.

Except country music.

I f'ing hate country music...

*edit* I suppose that isn't completely true; maybe a few by Jerry Reed, or Charlie Daniels' The Devil Went Down To Georgia. Otherwise... <_< *haaaaggggkk* *ptooh*

Do Elvis's early tracks for Sun Records count as country? 'Cause I like those. And Johnny Cash. And the Carter Family.

Do Elvis's early tracks for Sun Records count as country? 'Cause I like those. And Johnny Cash. And the Carter Family.

Hard to say. We were theorising at work yesterday, however, that the older you get the more Elvis' music speaks to you. And I am tending to agree with that.

Taksraven

and more recently, Muse. Take a Bow kinda reminds me of Queen's score for the campy Flash Gordon flick from the 80's [childhood fav]. Can hear a bit of Queen's influence in their sound, as well as a bit of Radiohead, I think.

I think its that all of the bands you have mentioned have dabbled or dabble in space rock, a great (but underrated) musical genre.

Taksraven

Hard to say. We were theorising at work yesterday, however, that the older you get the more Elvis' music speaks to you. And I am tending to agree with that.

Taksraven

Possibly...but I pretty much ONLY like the Sun stuff...things like this, his revolutionary first single:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIWlWA1YTBw

Among other things, I've been listening to this for some good time, I like it alot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MvEFKCwjaU&fmt=22

I've never seen the show, but that's a nice song...the piano's a surprising (but cool) touch.

Oh. I forgot about Johnny Cash's A Boy Named Sue. Well. I guess that makes me something of a perfect hypocrite, doesn't it?

's okay. I can admit it...

Oh, and I don't like Led Zeppilin. Sorry. Send me to the flight surgeon. Whatever that is :)

The flight surgeon is the naval version of a shrink.

Yes, since I've heard most of his Sun stuff on Country Legends 97.5FM.

Oh. I forgot about Johnny Cash's A Boy Named Sue. Well. I guess that makes me something of a perfect hypocrite, doesn't it?

's okay. I can admit it...

The only Jonny Cash song that will never be aired uncut (mainly because the word censored is

motherf*cker

), good song nonethess.

Edited by Wanzerfan

No it wasn't. It was "son of a bitch." There was also a "damn" in there that sometimes gets censored.

My mistake, but since it takes about the same amount of time to say either of both obsenities (the beep is long enough), and I'm a somewhat of a sick puppy, I thought it was the worse of the two.

My mistake, but since it takes about the same amount of time to say either of both obsenities (the beep is long enough), and I'm a somewhat of a sick puppy, I thought it was the worse of the two.

And yet, a quick Google search would've set you straight.

You ARE doing this deliberately, aren't you? <_<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ever since getting my new car, I have been happily listening to some old CDs that were in storage for a long time - amongst them Boston, Europe, Alice Cooper, Bruce Springstien, Blurr, Orbital and Smashing Pumpkins.

I've also started listening to a particular radio station which has a knack for playing good music from multiple genres. Of what I've heard - I don't know who does the songs, because I actually don't follow the music industry that closely - but here is a list of tunes I've enjoyed - maybe somebody can tell me who sings them?

1. "Where did all th Love go?" - this is agreat retro song, with a distinctive sixties feel, but not in the corny sense. It's a serious song, with a great revolutionary ferver to it.

2. "I'll keeel you." - I'll Kill You - sung by a French girl in English. It's hilariously entertaining because of her French accent. It's about a girl whose boyfriend got taken by another woman, and she goes into a sob story, or rather in this case a sob song, about how her future has been stollen and how she'll "keel" the bitch who took her man. It's a hoot.

3. Dominos... I think that's the name of the song... but the chorus goes "These girls fall like dominos" and I like it because it's about women who are easy - or at least I think it is. I hope it is.

There are a bunch of other ones but mostly forgetable.

Although - still... I listen to Fire Bomber, the Metal songs from Gurren Lagann, and the songs from Haruhi Suzumiya on my MP3 most of all.

Pete

I just got into Sigur Ros. Freakin awesome. I had never heard of these guys and I am wondering where I was for the last ten years that our paths didnt cross...

Apparently, they did and I missed them in two movies and one TV show I saw.

Its like Sparks. I only heard of Sparks 5 years ago even though they have been around as long as I have been alive.

Oh well, better late than never.

I just got into Sigur Ros. Freakin awesome. I had never heard of these guys and I am wondering where I was for the last ten years that our paths didnt cross...

Apparently, they did and I missed them in two movies and one TV show I saw.

Its like Sparks. I only heard of Sparks 5 years ago even though they have been around as long as I have been alive.

Oh well, better late than never.

Now on the playlist:

INXS: Mediate

Nitzer Ebb: Control

Pig: Prayer, Praise and Profit

Frontline Assembly: Laughing pain

Pitchshifter: Microwaved

Sex Pistols: No Feelings

Rage against the machine: Know your enemy

Skinny Puppy: Hexonxonx

Ministry: Just like you

Nirvana: Son of a gun

My music tastes are very wide,altho i dont like to listen to country or latest pop music sung by scantly dressed low moral girls, i dont make a effort to turn it off, that being said I usually listen to a wide range of metal,powermetal,deathmetal,progessive and epic choir metal music,I also listen to alot of OST's be they from movies or anime/tv shows to games, and alot of music from around the world,I also enjoy alot of old 80's rock bands and even soft music,classical to japanese flute music.

just finished listening to 'as one tale ends' from the forbidden kingdom ost,the song im listening to at the moment is 'Cry for the Moon' - Epica :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm big into music and listen to quite the variety.

my preferences though are rock and trance

classic rock though, not too interested in the new stuff

I also listen to a lot of 90s music, for nostalgia factor

and I really like the oldies like classic jazz B))

also if anyone is interested I've got a bunch of trance on my

youtube account which can be found here

Last week I saw a PBS plege drive featuring old Motown groups. I forgot how good those groups were.

• The Temtations

The Four Tops

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles

The Supremes

Marvin Gaye (shame what happened to him)

Stevie Wonder

yup, pretty much can't go wrong with Motown... ^_^

A few months ago I realized everything on the radio is crap... I have NPR on full-time now.

As for actual music I like, more of a fan of "20th century stuff" :p.

U2

Madonna

Sarah Mclachlan

Jewel

Beastie Boys

Hate to sound like gramps now, but songs just don't have a "soul" anymore. Back in the 80's and 90's gangsta rappas were signing about "the community" and the problems they faced on a daily life (no I'm serious lol) and of the fight against the oppresive force known as the LAPD...today "hip-hop" is just about booty and clubbing.

A few months ago I realized everything on the radio is crap... I have NPR on full-time now.

As for actual music I like, more of a fan of "20th century stuff" :p.

U2

Madonna

Sarah Mclachlan

Jewel

Beastie Boys

Hate to sound like gramps now, but songs just don't have a "soul" anymore. Back in the 80's and 90's gangsta rappas were signing about "the community" and the problems they faced on a daily life (no I'm serious lol) and of the fight against the oppresive force known as the LAPD...today "hip-hop" is just about booty and clubbing.

Hmm...I never realized that "Baby Got Back" and "2 Legit 2 Quit" had such heavy meaning behind them... :p

I dunno, really...even '80s and '90s stuff generally sounds a little TOO produced for my taste, unless I'm just in the mood for ear candy. If I want something that really roars, I'd rather listen to '60s stuff.