ROBOTECH.COM

MGREXX

Let this be the un-official, official thread for all of you refuges that no longer have a home. When the site comes up this weekend (or sooner), you can all go back and have fun again. Just make sure to take your trash with you.

btw, tell Steve to grow and stop it with the April fools jokes already. They are getting really old and unoriginal.

Thoughts.

Are you trying to get yourself banned? What's the need for yet another Robotech topic when there's at least 2 pinned? This isn't the lameass RT.com Lounge.

(wait for thread to be locked)

Those last two are specific threads.

This is more of a general "lounge" thread for all Robotech fans who can't log onto rt.com for the week. So back off!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with this thread. just stop the anger and let the love flow, fellow MW'ers.

wow, this is what I predicted would happen! If RT.com closes, the robotechies would all end up here somehow. Oh no! ;):p:D:lol:

Somehow I doubt that RT.commies are going to swing by here now that RT.com is down for a bit. They've been well aware of MW for a while and simply don't like it here.

Sure, we have a couple kids who swing for both teams, but not that many.

The problem with this thread is that it serves no point. If someone comes over from RT.com and wants to discuss something, they're free to post in an exisiting thread or start their own if it doesn't exist.

There is no reason why there should be a "general discussion" thread set up to cater to anyone's needs, regardless of which shut-down forum they hail from.

Somehow I doubt that RT.commies are going to swing by here now that RT.com is down for a bit. They've been well aware of MW for a while and simply don't like it here.

The problem with this thread is that it serves no point. If someone comes over from RT.com and wants to discuss something, they're free to post in an exisiting thread or start their own if it doesn't exist.

There is no reason why there should be a "general discussion" thread set up to cater to anyone's needs, regardless of which shut-down forum they hail from.

the hostile responds of some people here is not very incouraging to people there.

the hostile responds of some people here is not very incouraging to people there.

Somehow I'm beginning to think that's a good thing in this case.

Somehow I'm beginning to think that's a good thing in this case.

hostility and hate is never good. bad karma.

You mean like how some Robotechies treated the "Macross Purists" on RT.com at one time? What goes around comes around is correct. Either way this is NOT a spare vacation site for RT.com. There is no need for a "general discussion RT" thread. There's plenty RT discissions as it is form the new Shadowfarce to the MPC Alphas. If it continues I will post pics of Speedo Max Sterling!!!

Ali Sama Posted on Mar 21 2005, 03:19 PM

QUOTE (the white drew carey @ Mar 21 2005, 01:17 PM)

Hey, you know what they say: "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" ;) !!!

It's a shame we can't see this as an opportunity to educate some of those misguided RTers about just how much cooler Macross is once it's divorced from all the RT baggage.

But that's expecting too much of both sides. . .

H

You mean like how some Robotechies treated the "Macross Purists" on RT.com at one time? What goes around comes around is correct. Either way this is NOT a spare vacation site for RT.com. There is no need for a "general discussion RT" thread. There's plenty RT discissions as it is form the new Shadowfarce to the MPC Alphas. If it continues I will post pics of Speedo Max Sterling!!!

just because they lack inteligence does not excuse stooping to their level.

It's a shame we can't see this as an opportunity to educate some of those misguided RTers about just how much cooler Macross is once it's divorced from all the RT baggage.

H

No, that's just naive. I should know because I once thought like this but to no avail. Then I came to know the "RT Commanders" (now captains) and listened to what alot of what many Robotechies had to say. For the most part they didn't care and saw RT as some improvement of Macross... It wasn't pretty. Needless to say it helped me drop that crusade quick!

just because they lack inteligence does not excuse stooping to their level.

Ali Sama, I think this is in fact a special case considering I know alot about the guy who created this thread (I'm not against hostility to him). I don't see it as stooping to their level altho I already stated my tactic would be to post some pretty repulsive pictures from Robotech comics.

H

Hey, I'm all willing to "educate" anyone who wants to listen. But does there have to be a dedicated thread here simply for RT.com people to gather while their site is down?

No.

But does there have to be a dedicated thread here simply for RT.com people to gather while their site is down?

No.

I'm not saying this thread is the place to do it. . .

This thread should not exist. That's pretty obvious.

(I'm not against hostility to him)

Has there ever been anyone towards which Jemstone was against hostility?!?

H

(I'm not against hostility to him)

Has there ever been anyone towards which Jemstone was against hostility?!?

H

Yes. Apparently people who aren't like you with the smart mouths.

what is more flaming? a post about RT or Macross 7???

i am not really sure which is more hated, but if harmony gold ever got the rights to bring macross 7 over to the usa as robotech 7, :blink: dear god almighty i would hate to see the threads about that :lol::lol::lol:

MGREXX = board spam

:rolleyes:

I would agree EXO...

Yes, with other RT.com threads already up, this is in fact a pointless thread. Couple that with the fact that the author of this thread has only posted twice. Once to start it, second to cry like a bitch towards JEM.

Of course, this is in keeping with the tradition that is MGREXX, in which he posted nonsensical topics on RT.com, many of which he never posted again once he started said thread. I guess he didn't read the part of the TOU that says that post counts don't increase your points that eventually lead to a higher rank.

Let's also not forget that MGREXX is hostile towards anything that is Macross. Unfortunately, I have yet to see Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada alone just due to my own inaction, and frankly ignorance of these last two mentioned series until about a year ago. However, seeing as how I have not seen them, doesn't mean that I cannot offer an opinion towards MGREXX's hostility and downright dildonic attitude towards anything that is Macross, even if he has seen them. It's like a personal crusade of his to elevate Robotech to some nirvanic level above the very three series that made RT possible to my understanding of the history of these three. And that's what makes that and him incredibly silly if not annoying...

Please, for the love of God, kill this thread...

MGREXX = board spam

:rolleyes:

You said it, I didn't, but everyone knows that I will not disagree. Hell, I'll go as far as to say MGREXX=board parasite. But that's just me. MGREXX only posted this thread so he can get attention. This is nothing new, as he was infamous for this at RT.com. And people wonder why I have a problem with him. :rolleyes:

WOOOOOHOOOO ! It´s early MW days all over again B))

Let the witch-hunt begin :lol: Now where´s my torch and pitchfork :( ?

Seriously though, we´re no place for RT-junkies to hang out when their sh*ty site is down , we shouldn´t be treated as the second option when their godly-like admins. plays a lame joke on them.

Specially this is no place to post useless threads that serve no purpose when there´s already 2 threads dedicated to robojunk.

In regards to the education issue , that should be born from their own interest.

Edited by Aegis!