1/48 Two Seater Conversion Kits

Mechamaniac

I am not buying any of these for myself but would love the chance to work on one. If anyone wants to commission me to work on theirs just let me know.

I might commission you, how much would it cost for this?

Are there people out there who would take my -1A, install the -1D upgrade (most of it), add a -1S head (complete with Fulcy's improved head lasers, already purchased), and then give it a heavy-duty paint job in all black (matte or gloss doesn't matter to me)? Decals are optional (I actually play with my Valk from time to time, so I'm going more for stands-up-to-punishment rather than looks-hella-cool).

I am not buying any of these for myself but would love the chance to work on one. If anyone wants to commission me to work on theirs just let me know.

Kurt saying such things will only open you up for requests to do so, and that being said, I know exactly how I want you to make mine up, lol.

I am not buying any of these for myself but would love the chance to work on one.  If anyone wants to commission me to work on theirs just let me know.

Kurt saying such things will only open you up for requests to do so, and that being said, I know exactly how I want you to make mine up, lol.

So, does that mean I put you down for one? ;)

I have no problem in taking these projects on. As for price, I don't want to quote anything yet until I know exactly what is involved. As the Captain gets closer to completion we can work the details out.

I am not buying any of these for myself but would love the chance to work on one.  If anyone wants to commission me to work on theirs just let me know.

So, does that mean I put you down for one? ;)

Oh yeah I am all over getting one of these, I am all about two seaters. IMHO the perfect VF-1 crew setup would be a two seater, with a dedicated pilot, and a Marine WSO. The WSO would wear negative feedback input suits so that in Battroid mode they could take control in Battroid mode.

Hmmm....I would have to say put me down for one Orange and Beige as tentative.

Simply cause I don't have a valk to spare, I got only 2; Roy 1S and Hikaru 1J. And it depends on Yamato releasing the GBP with a valk or not.

Thanks!

2. I do not have any valkyries that I can spare to dedicate to make a VF-1D.

You got to be kidding me. You have more valks than me. Are you displaying all 69 of them?

Yeah of course, except for one of each variant. If you look at my sig, I have very few Hikaru VF-1Js. I got two Hikarus more coming for sure w/FPs, but that is it. Until Yamato decides to rerelease them, I'm screwed. I will display them like so:

6x VF-1A Hikaru

6x VF-1S Hikaru

3x VF-1J Hikaru

6x VF-1A Max

6x VF-1S Max from VF-1A Max

6x VF-1J Max

6x VF-1J Millia

6x VF-1S Focker TV

6x VF-1A Kakizaki from VF-1S Fockers

6x VF-1S Focker DYRL

1 of each of the above is are to play with and will go in a special compartment under my shelf. The two extra are just for random customs that I am going to make.

I need someone to help me sticker them up. Wanna help? :p

I got a 3 x 2 m wall waiting to display them all. The shelf will be from the floor to the roof.

Edited by kensei

You got to be kidding me. You have more valks than me. Are you displaying all 69 of them?

Yeah of course, except for one of each variant. If you look at my sig, I have very few Hikaru VF-1Js. I got two Hikarus more coming for sure w/FPs, but that is it. Until Yamato decides to rerelease them, I'm screwed. I will display them like so:

6x VF-1A Hikaru

6x VF-1S Hikaru

3x VF-1J Hikaru

6x VF-1A Max

6x VF-1J Max

6x VF-1J Millia

6x VF-1S Focker TV

6x VF-1S Focker DYRL

1 of each of the above is are to play with and will go in a special compartment under my shelf. The two extra are just for random customs that I am going to make.

I got a 3 x 2 m wall waiting to display them all. The shelf will be from the floor to the roof.

Can't wait to see your version of the "Great wall of yamato...toys" :p:D:lol: !

6x VF-1A Hikaru

6x VF-1S Hikaru

3x VF-1J Hikaru

6x VF-1A Max

6x VF-1J Max

6x VF-1J Millia

6x VF-1S Focker TV

6x VF-1S Focker DYRL

Wow. So you already made those customs DYRL Kakazaki and the VF-1S Max?

It has been a while since I last looked at this thread. Is this close to being finalized? I had enquired about a conversion kit a while back, but it was in the early stages, I believe. I would like to be put down for TWO complete two-seat conersion kits for 1/48 (depending on price- maybe just one, not sure on price....). Is there a going price or a color? :unsure:

No I had them left behind in HK so I can save up some money for Neova to do it.

No I had them left behind in HK so I can save up some money for Neova to do it.

Wow. That is gonna cost a pretty penny!

Wow. That is gonna cost a pretty penny!

Yeah I know. But I got a >2000 AUD tax return coming in August, and I just gotta make more sacrifices. Man...I'm sick of travelling by bus, and I need new shoes..... <_<

OK guys, got an update from the Cap'n today...

He got the sacrificial 1J, and reports the following...

I was looking over the design quickly to see what would need to be modified, and though it will be a TIGHT fit, it looks like it can be done.

I only have one concern, and it's a significant one: when the chest armor detaches to pivot foreward and over the canopy, the 1D's lengthened cockpit may cause the whole thing to bind. It won't so much cause a problem for the chest armor, but rather for the heatshield, which, in fighter mode, butts right against the back wall of the cockpit, so the longer cockpit would stick out back almost a quarter inch further, and simply jam the heatshield from coming foreward in battroid mode.

Anyhoo, I'm sure that there's a way around this, and it seems to be the only real snag that would prevent this from working. I'll keep you appraised as I continue to tinker with the design.

Just an idea for this, the chest plate is held to the body by a very short connection about <1cm in two places. If he can make this longer, the chestplate will have more clearance, and we can raise the chestplate higher to accomodate the longer heatsheild.

OK guys, update from the Cap'n.

I have been getting many questions, so I posed them to him, and here are the responses.

1 - PRICE? - I know this is probably the most important issue, so here it is...

It'll be between $75-100.00

2 - TIME FRAME - WHEN WILL YOU START THE CONVERSION KIT?

-Probably sometime in late May. This is, however, tentative; so it could very wel be the 1st, second week of june, depending on existing projects.

3 - WHO WILL BE CASTING THESE? (anyone local, Rohby, Myersjesse, MSLZ22 etc)

-I'll be molding/casting everything myself, and I'll be using a high-impact polymer instead of regular resin

4 - HOW LONG DO YOU KEEP THE MOLDS?

For as long as they usually last, which is for rougly 35-45 castings.

5 - HOW MANY WOULD IT TAKE FOR YOU TO DO MORE PAST THE INITIAL PRODUCTION RUN?

20 or more

6 - WILL YOU DO PILOT FIGURES? (Minmay Figure)

This is about the only point I'm still iffy on; I never cared for sculpting microscopic figures, it's not my bag.

So, there you have it, I think that covers most of the questions in a nutshell. I am going to update the first page of this thread as well.

Edited by Mechamaniac