Bugs Bunny and Friends. The NEXT Generation?

UN Spacy

If you didn't like Bugs then by all means don't look at this...........

The thing I find strange is that companies spend a lot of money on ideas lke this, and never once does it occur to them that they just defy common sense. Bugs and the gang are iconic for a reason. From a design point of view there is nothing to be done to make them better........ Why re-invent the wheel?

Oh well, let WB fail.........As long as they keep putting out the Golden collection I'll be happy....

god that is seriously F'ed up looking i would still hate to see Elmer Fudd.

who ever drew that new bugs is taking insane boatloads of crack.

They should take who ever it is and beat him with a vial of crack rocks then shove it into every hole in his body then... ( edited by the fcc due to extreme censorship violation)

I think I'm gonna puke.

Utterly stupid redesign based on the need to look cool and badass to appeal the current trend.

Problem is, even though it's over 60 years old, Bugs Bunny and pals are cool and badass enough when they find someone good enough to draw them in the mood. <_<

They went over the line here. I'll pass. And probably the kids who won't won't remember it after the next trend sets on.

I don't see any anime influence with the new designs. Like I said before, it reminds me a little of Batman:TAS and later styles of the shows.

Well apparantly it was "anime-ispired" accoridng to the WB exec I saw on TV, Japanese anime was one of the big inspirations. And I mean Buzz Bunny has Lazer Eyes and Martial arts... he's a regular Piccolo.

If you didn't like Bugs then by all means don't look at this...........

The thing I find strange is that companies spend a lot of money on ideas lke this, and never once does it occur to them that they just defy common sense. Bugs and the gang are iconic for a reason. From a design point of view there is nothing to be done to make them better........ Why re-invent the wheel?

Oh well, let WB fail.........As long as they keep putting out the Golden collection I'll be happy....

Looks like someones been raiding the batman beyond wardrobe again

Seriously. This is just wrong.

no. No. NO. NO! NO!! This is horrible. Can't they just leave one thing well enough alone? Bugs, Daffy and all the others as earnest super heroes? Why not just burn everything made before 1997 and have done with it, fopr crying out loud? :angry:

did you know disney made such classics as

education for death

spirit of 43

commando duck

de fuerhers face

and WB made

blitz wolf

Those Disney cartoons you mentioned are no longer banned, as Disney finally realized that people like us who actually want to see and judge those cartoons for ourselves will pay good money to view them. They're on the "Disney at the Front Lines" collection, a set of most of the war-themed cartoons produced by Disney (including some never-before comercially released ones as "Stop That Tank," a Canadian Army training film, and "Victory Through Air Power, a theatrical film not seen since its first release in 1943). Hopefully, WB wil get the message soon, and release their wartime archives as well.

BTW, WB didn't produce "Blitz Wolf". MGM did. WB, through Time/Warner/Turner, owns the MGM cartoon catalogue.

Edited by Pat Payne

Since when the looney toones became the Swat Cats ?

You know what? That was what I thought at first.

well , then take a look of this ....

i am assuming in that pic that the blue one to the far right is the Road Runner.....he looks more like a twisted Woody Woodpecker instead, and you are right about them looking like the Swat Katz.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

aye, my little droogie...

Just give me the old Tex Avery/Chuck Jones Bugs... even the 80s/90s Bugs wasn't up to par. THe only funny toon back then was Pinky and the Brain.

but this is pretty sad...

050217_loonatics_hmed.hlarge.jpg

like Opus said though, I'll just turn a blind eye... prolly would have never even heard about it if it wasn't for this thread.

aye, my little droogie...

Just give me the old Tex Avery/Chuck Jones Bugs... even the 80s/90s Bugs wasn't up to par. THe only funny toon back then was Pinky and the Brain.

but this is pretty sad...

050217_loonatics_hmed.hlarge.jpg

like Opus said though, I'll just turn a blind eye... prolly would have never even heard about it if it wasn't for this thread.

Wile E. Coyote looks like a 3rd rabbit.

Forgive me for waxing "religious", but Hollywood and pop media are just tools of the supreme intelligences for the purpose of "latter-day" prophesy.

...Conspiracy theory; like all the gritty & graphic war dramas epitomizing fraternity before, during & since "S. Pvt Ryan", to subtlely mold our minds to accept Gulf War II w/out too much introspect.

Everything our eyes imbibe nowadays has a darker twist in storytelling and is amped up to the X-treme, for no other purpose but to inure our reasoning to the vanishing quality of life & art in mass consumption culture.

<_< OK...forgive the politics/religion faux paux, but I had to get it out. Just saw 'Constantine' recently...

This stillborn 'creativity trend' crap & junk American-'anime' is possessing Sat. AM cartoons sooo badly, that Keanu Reeves' character will be strolling through Earth-Hell looking for unedited classic cartoon videos, dogged by marauding cranio-daemons.

Vesp

(old f*rt MW'der, beginning to feel his childhood erode, as well as the sandpaper d*ldo thru the 'comforting' layer of 'Texas Pete' flavor K-Y jelly!) :angry: