A little joke for you.....

An American tourist in London decides to skip his tour group and explore the city on his own. He wanders around, seeing the sights, and occasionally stopping at a quaint pub to soak up the local culture, chat with the lads, and have a pint of Guinness.

After a while, he finds himself in a very high class neighborhood.....big, stately residences... no pubs, no stores, no restaurants, and worst of all... NO PUBLIC RESTROOMS.

He really, really has to go, after all those Guinness beers. He finds a narrow side street, with high walls surrounding the adjacent buildings and decides to use the wall to solve his problem.

As he is unzipping, he is tapped on the shoulder by a London Bobbie, who says, "I say, sir, you simply cannot do that here, you know." "I'm very sorry, officer," replies the American, "but I really, really HAVE TO GO, and I just can't find a public restroom."

"Ah, yes," said the Bobbie..."Just follow me". He leads him to a back delivery alley, then along a wall to a gate, which he opens. "In there," points the Bobbie. "Whiz away, anywhere you want." The fellow enters and finds himself in the most beautiful garden he has ever seen. It has manicured grass lawns, statuary, fountains, sculptured hedges, and huge beds of gorgeous flowers, all in perfect bloom.

Since he has the cop's blessing, he unburdens himself and is greatly relieved. As he goes back through the gate, he says to the Bobbie "That was really decent of you... is that what you call "British hospitality?"

"No" replied the Bobbie, with a satisfied smile on his face, "that is what we call the French Embassy."

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

My friend got mugged while traveling through France recently.. he'll appreciate this one!

DISCLAIMER: I still think France is a beautiful contry. :p

Y'all are pathetic.

Without the French, the colonists would have had their asses whooped, you Americans would be British citizens or part of British territory, and I would be back in Viet Nam suffering the Communist rule.

Before you go bash the French, think about what they have done for you.

i wouldn't mind living in mexico... :rolleyes:

it's just a joke...it's not like it's supposed to be some kinda anti-french propoganda...so no need to get bent outta shape about it <_<

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Y'all are pathetic.

Without the French, the colonists would have had their asses whooped, you Americans would be British citizens or part of British territory, and I would be back in Viet Nam suffering the Communist rule.

Ummm.... for staters lighten up dude it's just a joke. And as for the rest of that junk the US/Brits saved the Froggies from the Krauts twice so they I think the score is more than even if you want to play that game. :rolleyes:

As for my personal opinion of the French, I could care less either way.

Actually it would be more "French" for the guy to have peed on a wall somewhere. Well low-class French. You'd be surprised how often I see someone just whip it out and start pissing on a building wall... <_<

Don't forget where the statue of liberty comes from, the architecture of the white house is taken from (front façade of the Louvre), and tennis comes from. (meh tennis sucks anyway :p ).

Us Americans have a great sense of maturity with"freedom fries", and sending foreign countries magazines saying the foreign county's president is a worm. :p I forgot, did they change the name to "freedom kissing"? :p

Us Americans have a great sense of maturity with"freedom fries", and sending foreign countries magazines saying the foreign county's president is a worm. :p I forgot, did they change the name to "freedom kissing"? :p

Oh, come on. EVERYONE made fun of Freedom Fries, americans included.

Yes, we did freedom kiss. But only to mock freedom fries.

Im glad i wasnt in country for the freedom fries crap. i mean really honestly who thinks that crap up.

Being in england right now i have to say that alot of the french people i have met through my neighbors are wonderfully decent people. But i still have to say it was a good joke.

Y'all are pathetic.

You're right.. I LOVE croissants.. with ham and jarlsberg cheese, grilled for 5 minutes.. *hungry*

Y'all are pathetic.

Yup,

You are sooo right and knowing other countries cultures is not one of america's greatest traits. Ignorance and arrogance however is how americans are seen now in the world. I'm not talking here about radical countries that nurture unjustified hatred towards the occident, I am talking about the old, very cultivated countries (europe, even the UK) and asia (japan etc...)

This perceptin is well justified. I remember once participating in an international swimming competition in Sydney Australia. The welcoming commitee was sooo anxious to welcome the US team as they had a reputation of being real hooligans. As they expected, this bunch of foulmouthed guys come out of the airport gate complaining about this, about that and how much better it was home and blablabla... how many times in how many other countries was I witness to the same shamefull spectacle.

I not sure but it seems the americans need to go out a bit, not just to impose their ways on others but to learn bout them a bit.

As for Peter who claims he was forced to learn french during his youth, do you feel now richer knowing two langages or poorer intellectualy ? Would you rather have suffered the faith of the Cajun in the state of Louisiana, that were sent to jail on the spot if caught speaking french ?

By the way, setting aside what I just said. I think this joke is lame.

Edited by Montarvillois

I'm not talking here about radical countries that nurture unjustified hatred towards the occident

I am Italian. The Lybians once held a Day of Hate against the Italians. Most Italians didn't know it, though, nor they would understand why there was such day, because we are "Italians, good people". You know, we were taught at school that Mussolini chose autarchy because he wished Italy had a strong economics. The last year browsing internet I just discovered there was an embargo going on against Italy by the League of Nations. It was for our treatment to Ethiopics. You know, deportations, force labor, gas bombing, the usual Nazi things. We were worst than others in the colonial game.

There is no such thing as unjustified hatred, there is only biased nationalistic history and news. That's why for Gandhi war wasn't supposed to be fought by love, but by truth. It would be good to reason out if they hate you because you wage a war against them or you wage a war against them because they hate you.

You know, Japanese were thought to be shortsighted during WWII. Why the secret service created that misconception?

In this world when someone often talks about "liberty" or "freedom" it just means he is a freemason. Italian Prime Minister has a coalition party called "House of Freedoms", on which there is written "For free Men and women who want to live free". He was enlisted in masonic lodge P2, which tried to "democratically" take over Italy. P2 was called "a state within the state" because it had men in key positions of the government, of the secret service and of the police. They had a "democratic rebirth" plan which was currently actuated and is bringing Italy to ruins. Europe has a masonic flag, but I hope they will save us, although I will never accept privatizing water.

Btw, AFAIK the French boycott didn't do too well.

And I found that joke funny. I am not for PC.

FV

I forgot to add. One thing you can bag on the French for is terrible customer service, and always going on strike! :p

Seriously what Montarvillois brings up is so true. Despite all the pc, Americans in general are pretty culturally narrow minded. The world has to change for them, and screw adapting to the world.

Screw pissing on the French embassy, go piss on the French post office or Chronopost. They both suck. :angry:

This is the second time that I recall closing a "Joke" post by 1st Border Red Devil.

I said in the last topic, "This isn't the place to post, check out this (stupid, Joke, crap, whether) that I've found".

I've closed topics like this when I've found them. I'm starting now to remember names of repeat offenders.

There will be at least a week to a one month banning if this person is caught doing it again.