Is anyone going to catch UNDERWORLD?

UN Spacy

***Some Spoilers****

...saw Underworld yesterday, I'm a harsh a critic as most (I assume) but I didn't think it was all that bad.

I do agree that the Vamps were a bunch of wimps, but whatever. ;)

Did anyone else get the impression that the Lycans were 'throwing the fight' so to speak? In most of the engagements they would simply change forms and open a can of whoop @$$ on the Vamps. That being the case now that the hat's out of the bag with Lucian (spelling) and Kraven's plot - what would stop the Lycans from just putting the smack down on the Vampires?

As far as film is concerned I thought it was a fairly original take on each mythos. ***Please note I said original for film, not any book, Role Playing, Novel, Comic Book or other.***

-b.

"Did anyone else get the impression that the Lycans were 'throwing the fight' so to speak? In most of the engagements they would simply change forms and open a can of whoop @$$ on the Vamps. That being the case now that the hat's out of the bag with Lucian (spelling) and Kraven's plot - what would stop the Lycans from just putting the smack down on the Vampires? "

Victor, the lord vampire, wasn't a pushover. He was kicking the "abomination" ass and the other Liken's all over the sewers until he got sliced up by his own sword.

I can't wait for the sequel.

It's about time they did a Werewolf and Vampire movie.

So it looks like Sony won that court case after all eh?

Actually...no. White Wolf is set to have an expedited hearing on the 10th of October.

I saw Underworld Sunday night after work.....it could have been alot better. The Lycans were too wimpy to actually have had more than a chance against the Vampires. Way too many Lycans died as opposed to Vamps.

I saw way too many parrallels between Celene and Lucita...plus the Bloodlines issue (I think that is where Sony might get hammered the hardest). The Abomination angle is probably another item that Sony will get smacked on. Lastly, the way in which Lycan's come about mirrors way too much Werewolf: The Apocalypse (though the shamanism of the Garou is missing from the movie). The shared memories is another as well....gotta love that Past Lives Background. :p

....mmmm....Jessica Biel.... B)

Man... I love Jessica Biel... but I can't wach anything she is in...

well, maybe her jeans. I can watch that AAAAll day.

ditto.

shes supposed to be coming out in the third Blade movie, and there were rumors of her being picked to be in a Danger girl movie....that would be sweet. :D

shes supposed to be coming out in the third Blade movie, and there were rumors of her being picked to be in a Danger girl movie....that would be sweet.  :D

She's definitely the brunette with long hair if that's true... :D

SYDNEY!!! that would be a dream come true! but they would probably try and make her Abbey since shes the main character... <_<

either way, i'd be happy!

Saw it. It was okay. I would have rather spent my money on American Splendor though.

Same here. I wish I could have spent my $9.25 on Bill Murray's new movie (Lost In Translation). Even though it's in limited release I'd be willing to drive the extra couple of miles for a better movie. Underworld could have been a lot better and.......SPOILERS.

What happened at the end with that dead Lycan alchemist?!?!? His blood was pouring into the grave of the Vampire elder?!?!?

I'm going to go because I wanna bang Kate Beckinsdale.

Yeah... She is really porkable.

I thought you had to tone down the jokes because you know have a gf. B)

:o

oops... Actually the GF would agree. LOL

• 2 years later...

Which is too bad, as the original Underworld had such high hopes for it. Hopefully, the sequel will prove to be a better view, allowing us to actually care about the characters and their war with the other side...

Don't think so... those movies are good only for their trailers, but watching it for 2 hours is torture.

356638[/snapback]

The actor who played the elder vampire was pure comedy. :lol:

i won't see this one, i was disappointed with the last one. why if we have vampires and werewolves are we using guns that didnt seem to do anything? where was the hand to hand combat? hell even in annne rice novels that vampires were throwing hands and stuff. god i felt so robbed. i love gun movies when they are done properly, but the first and probably the second one sucked.

The actor who played the elder vampire was pure comedy.  :lol:

356957[/snapback]

He (Bill Nighy) looked liked a pimp in his complete form. :lol::p.

BTW Underworld 2 (evolution <_< ) looks mildly intresting since the first built up for an eventual sequel.

Edited by gerwalk25