NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

Hopefully it's okay that I post this, but it sounds like the earliest that the first of the MPC Alphas will arrive will be late April... but that's okay since I'd rather Toynami get things right and it will let me have time to set aside some dough. :)

If the new alpha's are going to be 1/55 the better be reducing the price on those suckers, 80 bucks for a toy that is likely to be nearly half the size of the MPC VF-1 is overly out rageous (even more so then 80 for a MPC). I hope either the scale is actually larger (1/48) or cheaper price. Though I can see them going with 1/55 to keep it in scale with the Veritechs.

According from what I've read and sources as well, anytime between Feburary or April of this year, why it's being pushed back I don't know, but if it's going to be anywhere higher than 50 bucks I'm gonna pass, regardless of how nice it looks.

Kevin told me a few days back that Toynami had received its preproduction model very recently and they are making the final tweaks to the toy. Looks like we should expect late April or later.

My guess of when we'll first see it will be the New York Toyfare (again, me guess).

There's something about that Scott Bernard that's not right. Maybe it's the ears or the "Jim, I've been looking at you" expression.

I dunno...it just looks like that same "male" face Tommy Yune cut and pastes onto every character he draws. Change the hair and you've got his rendition of Rick Hunter. Change the hair again, and you've got Jack Archer.

Oh yeah, the MPC looks pretty good.

I hate the drawing too but that's irrelevant...

Speaking as someone who didn't like the first pics of a painted Toynami Alpha, I've got to say this one looks pretty nice. With the exception of the cockpit, of course. I can't even begin to guess why they would have the opaque cockpit either for the preview or for the final version. Still, even if it turns out to have top-quality construction, I personally wouldn't pay $80 for a 1/55 Alpha. Not a big Mospeada fan (among other factors).

must buy if not 80$

Don't worry, based on RT's previous MPC releases, you should be able to pick these up for $40 6 months after they come out. That is unless you buy them from the RT.com store where they sell all their merchandise at prices that are above MSRP.

There's something about that Scott Bernard that's not right. Maybe it's the ears or the "Jim, I've been looking at you" expression.

IMO it's the hair. Too long at the bottom, too short up top. The absolute lowest it's meant to go is the top of jaw. The too long face and much too high forehead could be skewing it.

Cyc

I gotta say, I like it.

I like it a lot.

I wonder if the canopy has something to do with not having enought vertical space in the forward fuselage to fit the retracted head and a decent cockpit. Can't tell from the angles I've seen so far, but it could be a factor...

I really hope these go for less than $80. If they went for $40 or so (like they should) I would probably get the whole set. For $80 I'll just pick up one.

orry, i doubled posted by accident,

but i had a question anyways...

Does any one know the reason for the blue cockpit deal?

Its very ugly looking imo.

i don't remember the cockpit being blue..and i doon't recall a heat shield either.

and does it have interchangable heads as well?

I saw some in another pic i saw of it.

Edited by rewooh