Hello all....

Caufield

Though I just registered, I've lurked for quite some time. What made me decide to post? I'm addicted to buying Valkyries. :mellow: Prior to buying Yamato's, I only had 2 MPC's valks. There is simply no comparison between these two. Here in Toronto, I've had a hard time finding Yamato's at a fair price. Though now that I have found them... :D

I just picked up my 2nd Low-Vis. Within the last month, i've bought 2 1/60's ( Vf-1D and the VE-1) plus my 2 1/48's Low-Vis. Argh.. since i've quenched my addiction for the moment i shall sit patiently and await the next 1/48 release. Though I might have to order the VT-1 soon..

I'm so happy with Yamato's Valks, I did not know what to expect prior to getting them. They're just awesome.

sorry for the rant.. I had to express my joy somehow!

always cool to hear from a lurker for the first time. Welcome. I am sure you will enjoy SOME of the responces your posts get :rolleyes:

I'm a displaced UP-state new yorker who misses driving across the border to get molsen xxx. On a side note, I've heard many canadians complain about lack of places to aquire valks. How do kevins prices with shipping compare? I know I've heard of some outrageous price gouging at some shops, but have no idea how bad shipping might be.

It's great to be finally aboard. Thanks for the welcome :)

Apart from my finances which I will need to watch, i'm starting to hear grumblings from the girlfriend. HEY! she collects shoes, i collect Valks. reasonnable, no?

Kanata67:

I've yet to order any Valks online, though I wonder if any other Canadians here have? I'm afraid the shipping costs and duties ( do these apply? or are they labeled as gifts?)

I did order the DYRL dvd from Valk-Exchange, it cost me about 20 bones. (CND)

Can't wait for the work day to end, i've got some insanely cold Steam Whistle beer waiting for me at home. ah, beer, the nectar of the Gods. :lol:

Caufield- truer words were never spoken. My wife is a SHOE NUT and that has been my winning argument in the ongoing battle that is..."where are you going to put all these Valkyries?"

(Yes, she calls them Valkyries out of respect for my hobby...lovely woman)

I also have succumb to the beauty that is the Low Viz, having secured 3 of them myself. They are incredible pieces. Anyway, congrats on the good buys. Welcome aboard. Everyone here is way helpful and a lot of fun. Enjoy.

Though I just registered,  I've lurked for quite some time.  What made me decide to post?  I'm addicted to buying Valkyries.  :mellow:    Prior to buying Yamato's,  I only had 2 MPC's valks. There is simply no comparison between these two.  Here in Toronto,  I've had a hard time finding Yamato's at a fair price.  Though now that I have found them...    :D

I just picked up my 2nd Low-Vis.  Within the last month,  i've bought 2 1/60's ( Vf-1D and the VE-1)  plus my 2 1/48's Low-Vis.  Argh..  since i've quenched my addiction for the moment i shall sit patiently and await the next 1/48 release.  Though I might have to order the VT-1 soon.. 

I'm so happy with Yamato's Valks,  I did not know what to expect prior to getting them.  They're just awesome. 

sorry for the rant..  I had to express my joy somehow!

Welcome, fellow countryman/countrywoman! :D

Edited by Angel's Fury

Hi Caufield!

First of all, welcome to the forums!!

And second, as you have already started, begin to say goodbye to your cash, your bank, house... :(

Your wallet is already beggining to hate you. Believe me. <_<

But... who cares?? Yamatos for everyone!!! :lol:

mcpaz

Welcome Caufield, it's always nice to see more lurkers joining in, as far as ordering online, the best way to avoid paying taxes on those is to not insure them, you take a big risk not doing so <_< , but it's worth saving the 30-40$, or more, in taxes customs charges ya. :rolleyes:

First of all, welcome fellow canuck :D

Second of all, you're screwed :p

These guys aren't kidding, once you start collecting yamatos, you can pretty much say goodbye to your bank account, visa, cash, wife, dog, and fish.... Not sure how those last 2 got in there, but anyways...

If you're doing all your shopping in Toronto, you've probably been ripped off, big time. Anime stores usually mark up the price by 50-100%. I do all my purchases online through valkyrie exchange, twin moons anime or hobby link japan. The first 2 are slightly more expensive than retail price, but you save a fortune on shipping. HLJ sells at japanese retail, but you probably wouldn't like their shipping methods (expensive and slow, expect a month before getting your stuff).

Plus, when getting stuff from HLJ, you ALWAYS get hit with taxes. But with the other 2 i sometimes get away with it :D

Probably since they're based in the US.

Enjoy your cashless... uh... fun stay :p

If you're doing all your shopping in Toronto, you've probably been ripped off, big time.

Not necessarily. I do my shopping at a few local(toronto) anime shops and you can get the valks you want for as cheap as what some of our more reknowned sellers sell them for minus the shipping. You have to pay in ca$h and put a pre-order in with them.....*cough*valkyrie-beggar*cough*... :D

Besides I just want to know where Caufield's getting his valks. Same place I do means the guys are doing good business. Different place means another source for me to check out. B)

BSU: Hase's go for about $40cdn for normal VT's. Armored ones go for about $50cdn.

MPC...man, I don't understand anybody who'd wanna buy that over a yamato. but i guess that's life!

welcome fellow toy fan! you will learn budgetting really quick now....it goes like this: food-$0, rent-$0, car payments-$0, Yamato-$entire paycheck. :lol:

if you look at the statistics that mcpaz did...you'll understand.

one too many beers already :lol: I can not resist it's charm....

I've been getting my Valks from Toy2 ( toy square ) shop in Markham. It's in a mall called 1st Markham place, Highway 404 and 7, just east of Woodbine. I've checked Pacific Mall, also in Marham, they wanted 300 dollars for a 1/48 Max. :huh: that's insane!

My girlfriend calls my Valks, DOLLS! :lol: I know she's trying to get my goat. Though I don't show it.... Revenge shall be mine :ph34r:

Hello fellow Canadians, and welcome to the boards Caufield!!!

I have also been looking for a good place to buy my Macross toy's here in Canada, and I am happy to say, I think I found a good place to buy from. Link 2 Cool Toys The prices are similar to Big Bad Toy Store, but the shipping is a flat rate of $6 to anywhere in Canada. Ontario residents have to pay G.S.T & P.S.T. He also combines shipping costs on multiple purchases. Just placed my first order, and hopefully not my last!!! Oh yeah, almost forgot!! Great selection of Transformers!!!!!

Caufield, if you are buying online from the states, so far I find BBTS to have the best shipping rates. As for duty costs, the most I have paid was about $15 Can. on a 1/60. Haven't bought a 1/48 yet, so I can't tell you how much that would be. As for Ebay, I recommend buying within Canada. Shipping charges are usually no more than $10 (U.S) no duty charges and very rarely are there any taxes added to the purchase. So far, Primekiller and Briareos (also a macrossworld member) are the best to deal with!!!!

If you're doing all your shopping in Toronto, you've probably been ripped off, big time.

Not necessarily. I do my shopping at a few local(toronto) anime shops and you can get the valks you want for as cheap as what some of our more reknowned sellers sell them for minus the shipping. You have to pay in ca$h and put a pre-order in with them.....*cough*valkyrie-beggar*cough*... :D

Besides I just want to know where Caufield's getting his valks. Same place I do means the guys are doing good business. Different place means another source for me to check out. B)

BSU: Hase's go for about $40cdn for normal VT's. Armored ones go for about $50cdn.

In that case sorry, i was assuming it was going to be the same as over here in Montreal. I've only seen 2 hobby stores that had the 1/60 (no sign of the 1/48).

A Hikaru 1/60 was for $200CA, that's about $140US.

Ah, Toy2. Been there a few times. They're a very decently priced store. They also got alot of cool non-macross anime stuff too. Pacific Mall....I don't buy any toys from there anymore. Ever since Pacific Models(?) closed shop, the other toy place jacked the prices up 20%. Screw that. I'll go to Animextreme(downtown) where the prices are competitive.

Wumzi: no problem. Some of the owners are anime fans too and they know alot of us here have connections overseas so they try not to overcharge us too much. That and we'll go to the next closest store for better deals at a drop of a hat. :D