Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

You know what sucks? About a month ago I was digging through my box of Transformers to show a curious friend what I had...

Anyway, I took my Transmetal Beast Wars Megatron out of the box (it had been opened before, but the chrome was fantastic. I can't say the same for Rattrap.) I was transforming him to Robot mode and SNAP. One of his shoulder fans busted off. My friend was appalled, and I wasn't too happy myself. I continued to transform him and SNAP. Off went one of his arms.

Now, I wasn't using that much force. I'm wondering if the plastic had deteriorated or something over the years. It had been stored in an EXTREMELY cold area for... letsee... around 5 years. (empty grain bins/quonset/garage in northern North Dakota)

Sad. :(

385191[/snapback]

Unfortunately, TM1 Megatron is infamous for being fragile and prone to breakage, due to design and probably the materials used at the time. I am unaware if the Armada 'Predacon' version (the last toy made using the tooling) was as susceptible to such damage.

I could've sworn that the Binaltech version of the Alternators Prime is supposed to be Ginrai.

385198[/snapback]

The BT version(s) have been postponed... if not altogether canceled. There's been no news on them for about a month or two now. I don't think the BT/BTA line is totally canceled or anything, but more like takara/tomy is reworking their business strategy after their recent merger, but if we do see him it might be a while yet before he's released.

385223[/snapback]

The bastards at Takara didn't want to make the Dodge Ram (because apparently such foriegn concepts as a pickup truck will be unpopular with the japanese market) unless they could make it as a Convoy, as Optimus Prime. Hasbro originally planned it as a different, undisclosed character.

Hasbro relented - then Takara screwed them over by changing the character into GINRAI, ie, not Convoy, thus making the whole character change pointless, especially given how well the last Ginrai toy released by Takara did.

Really, Takara's TF division is talented, if a little unimaginative and somewhat focused on what has been done before rather than the future. But Takara's marketing department has been responsible for some pretty bad ideas that turned out to be very unprofitable (such as Binaltech Asterisk, the line intended to boost sales by costing more money. BRILLIANT).

What's interesting is the cartoons (catered to the japanese market) that Takara marketing and Aeon (now We've) - the production company - are responsible for are generally less popular among the japanese fans than the american-written shows.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Who the heck is Sam? Wait...read the link....wait...why do we need new human cahracters? Why can't were just have Spike, Daniel, and Sparkplug (I think)? It's not like they mattered much anyways? And that Mayor Burgess something from the one episode when the Decepticons enslave all of humanity? That was awesome.

Don Murphy just confirmed it. Guy will play Spike

That episode was terrible in an amusing way - 'Megatron's Master Plan', 2-part episode where continuity apparently went out the window. One act of alledged Autobot villiany and one act of alledged Decepticon heroism is enough to turn all of America (and thus the world) against the Autobots, forgetting the 50 billion other times the Decepticons attacked humans and the Autobots saved the humans.

Don Murphy just confirmed it. Guy will play Spike

That episode was terrible in an amusing way - 'Megatron's Master Plan', 2-part episode where continuity apparently went out the window. One act of alledged Autobot villiany and one act of alledged Decepticon heroism is enough to turn all of America (and thus the world) against the Autobots, forgetting the 50 billion other times the Decepticons attacked humans and the Autobots saved the humans.

385720[/snapback]

Y'know, this sounds more like when Buster Witwicky(Spike's younger brother) wheeled Bumblebee in his father's shop to repair him.

More THS-02 Convoy pics .

383975[/snapback]

Hey, just picked up mine at Toys R Us a few days ago (in Japan) and it came with a little Hot Rod. I like the toy but it seems a little fragile.

I can't wait till the masterpiece starscream comes out... In the meantime I'm going to make a paper model, it's quite easy to do and transform.

385951[/snapback]

Man, I can't believe I missed out on the HBS-02 Prime :(

I can't wait till the masterpiece starscream comes out... In the meantime I'm going to make a paper model, it's quite easy to do and transform.

385951[/snapback]

Don't gotta wait long...MP-03 Starscream CONFIRMED for september release!

HELL YESS!!!!

386288[/snapback]

YESSS !!! One of my friend will go to Tokyo and he's a transfan too ( much more than I am ). He will pick one up for me :lol:

I just got this baby the other day, the HBS-01 Galaxy Convoy, i am so loving it and i highly recommened it. i am definetly picking up the HBS-02 figure asap.

chris :)

prime.jpg

Hey BBTS just lowered their pre-order price for MP-03 Starscream to $99.

That's pretty decent for a Takara MP isn't it?

386363[/snapback]

That's a great price. I had to pay 125 for my first MP Convoy, so 99 is a steal IMO.

Just ran into this story on Tformers:

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=5761&mode=flat

Well MP-03 Starscream has been confirmed again by another retailer, but two other as yet unknown TF items are being offered to retailers now too.

Kiss Convoy w/ Melissa? (BTA-04?)

&

Transformers Atari? (Beats me? :huh: )

No news yet on either release.

Hey BBTS just lowered their pre-order price for MP-03 Starscream to $99.

That's pretty decent for a Takara MP isn't it?

386363[/snapback]

Its the same preorder price BBTS had for MP Optimus, so the price point thankfully hasn't changed.

Why pre-order so early if we don't see the production model??

btw on previous posts i mentioned about the arms sticking outside... i got mixed up with darkwind. :p

Edited by Kin

well I just ordered the import version of Vector Prime, i was wondering someone told me the import verion is bigger then the USA version and contains electronics, it seems correct about the electronics I was wondering about the size however, i have seen the USA one in the stores and it seemed to be a good size already.

chris

well I just ordered the import version of Vector Prime, i was wondering someone told me the import verion is bigger then the USA version and contains electronics, it seems correct about the electronics I was wondering about the size however, i have seen the USA one in the stores and it seemed to be a good size already.

chris

386626[/snapback]

GF Vector Prime is exactly the same size as the Cybertron release. I can't say about the electronics, but the GF version is superior simply because of the better paint apps. and color choices they used on him. Pretty much all of the Japanese releases are superior to their domestic counterparts based on the paint apps. alone. I did hear however that the Cybertron Vector Prime's Sword is made of stronger material, but i can't verify that since i don't have the GF version. <_< Anyways even if that's the case you picked the better of the two releases, i don't think you'll be disappointed. ;)

Edited by Veritas

yea i have been looking at the Galaxy Convoy as well. by the way is it the same for this one...is the japanese version nicer then the USA version? if so i will get that one. I also ordered the THS-02 Convoy from Image Anime it will be here on either Tuesday or Wednesday. i will post pics and a review when it gets here along with the Import Vector Prime.