Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

I Found a Shockwave at Walmart, but inside the box there was a 1:24 scale die-cast car that was not even a RX-8. :angry::angry::angry: This Walmart is located on Westheimer and kirkwood(Houston, TX). Maybe the stockers are having fun back there :angry:

Somebody replaced the box contents, and put it back on the shelves. :angry::angry::angry:

...and the Target near my house is not carrying the Alternators line anymore. This Target is also located in Houston, on Westheimer right outside the Belt way 8 (West Houston):angry: What bastards.... I'm so pissed! I've got 7 of my 11 alternators there. Frigging bastards. I can't find 12 and 13 anywhere!

How long has these been out?

Vic

Does anybody lives in Houston? Pointers anyone? Please? Thanx!

Edited by vlenhoff

vlenhoff, workers at target over at tfw2005 said they should be back for the summer resets. They had to make a ton of room for the star wars stuff during the spring reset, and were getting a new DCPI number as well.

My local target didn't carry alts for a good month or so and when I came back last week, they had some in. Don't worry, I am sure a big city lke houston will surely get their alts back as well.

vlenhoff, workers at target over at tfw2005 said they should be back for the summer resets. They had to make a ton of room for the star wars stuff during the spring reset, and were getting a new DCPI number as well.

My local target didn't carry alts for a good month or so and when I came back last week, they had some in. Don't worry, I am sure a big city lke houston will surely get their alts back as well.

Thanks Shin, that's comforting! Friggin' idiot at Target had a little shitty attitude. WTF is wrong with this people? They probably have horrible lives...

Vic!

I hoped that BT-13 Laserwave would come with a Decepticon car sticker ( like BT-08 Meister ) and Takara heard me :D . I saw the pics of the packaging :lol:

Yeah it does. Laser(Shock)wave rocks! The only problem I've had is adjusting the head through the hood in robot mode. But once you get the hang of it, it's no prob.

Thanks Shin, that's comforting! Friggin' idiot at Target had a little shitty attitude. WTF is wrong with this people? They probably have horrible lives...

Vic!

Target has had an antiscalper policy on action figures and diecast cars for 10 years. If the store is following the company's program, employees will not go in the back and get figures for guests. This is to keep things fair for all. Toys will be stocked ... When they are stocked at anytime... No favoritism......... Knowing how Target process works, your best bet is to be there first thing in the morning. If there is a reset with something you want, you better check several times that day.

Those people at Target probably live horrible lives being harrassed by "adult" collectors everyday. These "adult" collectors try to constantly bend the rules to get what they want despite the fact that the rules have been explained. Target employees never forget the face of someone who was an ass to them. The sad thing is unless they see you all the time, they forget the faces of the nice people.........

Edited by Myriad

In the Bay Area Targets it is reported that Target has stopped ordering Alts. Don't know if this is true for other places but dang. <_< Even if they are waiting for GF they can still restock the Alts. :(

What is he doin to the poor thing in the first few pics?

My japanese is non-existent, but my reading of it is that the toy came with a small problem where the big guns wouldn't face forward in flight mode (pic 1)

The problem was a badly-fitted detent ring (pic 2)

so he dismantled it, (pic 3)

had a good look at the ring (pic 4)

then put it all back together properly OR left the ring out on reassembly. (pic 5)

I want one, but he's so small- I thought he'd be roughly G1 prime sized, but looking at the pic with overdrive he looks closer to RM prime.

In the Bay Area Targets it is reported that Target has stopped ordering Alts. Don't know if this is true for other places but dang. <_< Even if they are waiting for GF they can still restock the Alts. :(

Someone who works at target ove at tfw told me its because the DCPI number is changing. SO the number is changing in the comp system and the figures should be arriving for the summer reset.(june)

PICT0015.JPG

(missing earplug  :( )

So has anyone found this problem? Now that I think about it, I don't even know if both came when I took it out of the box...

~Tico

I'm pretty sure that all the Hasbro/Takara Optimus Primes are like that, i.e., missing an "ear-plug."

Really???? That's weird! And no one has mentioned this before? I hate the way optimus look, in my case, from his right side... I don't like seeing his inner ear... :unsure:

I was thinking about "acquiring" an extra earplug somehow.. any ideas? Besides buying another MP-01 that is...

~Tico

I am also missing the ear piece as well, and was wondering if anyone has a replacement or a recast, I already contacted Hasbro by phone (and yes they were knowledgeable about the product I requested to see of they have available) and was currently out of stock for the item.

wow that galaxy convoy prime looks really cool he is sort of tiny. that pic of him near the HCM pro is shocking. but i may want to get him.

chris

Exactly what is the THS? Is it exclusive to the Galaxy Force line or do they plan to do this with G1? I would love a G1 Prime made into this!

i do not think they are doing the G-1 line this was just made for he galaxy convoy, but you never know if it does good they may release others, i would love a nice futuristic Starscreem or Megatron done in the same style and design.

chris

THS is another name for HBS....which means HyBrid Scale. THis is a collector line takara is starting similar to bandais old HCM and marketed towards the same crowd(adult). THS was chosen to differentiate...but its the same thing.

The other franchise in this is votoms under the name HBS PRO. Notice how it says PRO like HCM PRO? That is because PRO is to denote smaller size...much like bandais HCM PRO gundams. The votoms HBS PRO are similar in size and price to HCM pro from bandai only the ewxception being action features being incorporated and also having diecast.

There is no missing ear plug. All the Primes have the open side of the head.

you could be right... though, if by chance anyone is going to recast the other side... um please let us know. :)

I don't get it. So Takara and Hasbro both have the primes with only ONE of his ear uncovered??

~Tico

I confirm, there is really no missing parts for his head :(