Collection you have on display

1 VF-1 2NV

It seems that every so often, maybe twice a week, I will rearrange, remove, or add what I have collected to my display case. One day my wife will ask where all the toys have gone then another day she'll ask if I bought more toys. I'm satisfied what I have displayed one day then unsatisfied the other. Is it me or does anyone else have this odd behavior?

Yeah! I change my stuff around too. I really spend a lot of time looking at them as well.

Yup. I look at it alot. It doesn't help that it's in the living room right next to the entertainment center :lol: . I get more Ooo's and Awww's then blank stares when I have my friends and family over.

yea i do this as well i am always rearranging things around the room always picking them up and looking at them, it is nothing new for people who collect things probably more than ha;f the people on the site do this.

Well, I need to open my some of my stuff. Frankly I already have a compulsive disorder. It is buying too many damn 1/48 Valks. <_<:lol::ph34r:

OK, 66 x $100 (lowball estimate) = $6600, which means you have spent in the ballpark area of $7000+ on 1/48's (more counting Fast Packs and Low-Vis's)!

What are you dealing and how did you embark on your lucrative venture.

I change mine display cases and shelves around occasionally, but now that I'm getting cramped for space I mainly rearrange to fit everything yet still look good. A couple things I have put away.

This is such a strange, but very valid subject. Seems like I am in the rearranging state now, as I'm about to have my extra room back in my house. I had to lose my office while my cousin moved in, but now that he's leaving (thank god), I've been trying out displays in my room that will go into my office. I think it's good to want to move it arround, especially if it's just not looking right. Trust me, there will come a time when you'll find the right combination of display items and poses that says, "Macross, yes, I'm a fan" and you'll keep that display... at least for more than a week or so. LOL :lol:

I too have the a problem where I keep mixing up my displays. It often leads to me feeling I need to buy more to complete a new idea I have for a really cool display (that's why I'm on the Gakken kick at the moment).

PS - do 1/48s look less goofy or more goofy in Gerwalk mode with super armor???

These days I rarely do any major rearranging of my display cabinet, probablly only once or twice a year. Although I frequently do some minor rearranging when I need to make room for a new toy. Lack of space in my house is becoming a serious issue :( .

These days I tend to look at my toys more than actually handle or play with them. I can't take my toys out of the display cabinet when the baby is awake, or he'll just try to eat them. So the only time I actually have to handle my toys is after the baby is aseep. By the time I've cleaned up and got my stuff ready for the next day, I'm usually so tired that all I want to do is sleep or perhaps watch half an hour of TV rather than play with toys. I'm sure most fathers know what I mean.

Graham

I've yet to get display cabinets and while I don't have a kid, I am in the same boat as Graham. I rarely have time after work to play with my Valks after eating and cleaning the place up.

Perhaps its because its so cramp here or work is just crazy. I can't wait to find some room and time to break out my 1/48s for a dio display.

I don't have too much room in my display case (IKEA Detolf) for that many figures.

There's only five shelves so space getting harder to find.

Heck. The Konig Monster already takes up one space. I have Masterpiece Convoy, BT Meister, and BT Grimlock on another.

BT Lambor, Smokescreen, Streak, Hound, and Tracks on another.

It's getting so bad I've had to move my 48's outta there. :blink:

I know what you mean,, *sigh*... :unsure:

I too like to arrange my toys whenever I get the chance,, like waiting on the phone, burning CD/dvd, comericals, or just tired of looking at my 20 in LCD.

But for me I just with those cheap and simple one, you know those banprestos, 1/60 yalks, eva, msia, etc. I leave the 1/48 valks, 1/72 valks, alone. I'm afraid i might brake it. :(

But I did found out one thing,, Girls know about Gundam Wing and not Macross. There's one that was playing with my Wing Zero like that girl in those Gunpla comercials ( not as happy happy as her, but close enough),,, when she saw my Perfect grade zero custom she was like :o:o , (OMG is that a zero custom?) and I was :huh::blink: . Perhaps I need to display some of my Valks in Battliod mode,, they are all currently in figther mode.

wow, you guys are well off with shelves and display cases...i've seen a couple of IKEA...it's all glass with 4 shelves.

since we don't have a lot space in our apartment, and my collection of figures is not that much...i've been planning to create a stand/platform where i display a new action figure every week. currently the figure in spotlight is on top of my computer case.

i'm hoping to post them on my website...but i've been having problems finding time to do it.

have any of you guys thought about installing "track lights" to illuminate your figures...or would the light harm the colors of the figures?

I have installed track lighting in my two small display cases. I use the halogens with dimmer switch which do produce heat as well as a tremendous amount of light so I can't imagine this is the best choice for a collector who plans on having his/her display cases lit for any great length of time or frequency. I, on the other hand, have turned the lights on twice for maybe five minutes and don't ever anticipate needing them for much longer than that. Your best bet would probably be something flourescent as far as safety for the toy is concerned. I'm sure the others will correct me if I'm wrong -

In a side note, I too have noticed that girls recognize Gundam before Macross. I don't own a lick of Gundam stuff but when I complained that I dropped a grip of cash on "toys" a friend asked me to describe what I was talking about. Her response, "Oh, like Gundam stuff!" I'm pretty sure it's just because more people recognize Gundam in general than Macross.

But I did found out one thing,, Girls know about Gundam Wing and not Macross.  There's one that was playing with my Wing Zero like that girl in those Gunpla comercials ( not as happy happy as her, but close enough),,, when she saw my Perfect grade zero custom she was like  :o  :o , (OMG is that a zero custom?) and I was  :huh:  :blink: .    Perhaps I need to display some of my Valks in Battliod mode,, they are all currently in figther mode.

I kind of notice that too. It may have to do with the idea that some may feel gals play more of an active and/or interactive role in Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny than in Macross. One gal at my workplace has a bunch of pictures and figures of Kira Yamato and Lacus Clyne at her desk.

It seems that every so often, maybe twice a week, I will rearrange, remove, or add what I have collected to my display case. One day my wife will ask where all the toys have gone then another day she'll ask if I bought more toys. I'm satisfied what I have displayed one day then unsatisfied the other. Is it me or does anyone else have this odd behavior?

you ain't alone man.

i re-arrange my stuff constantly(3 times a week) or whenever i'm bored. :blink:

I am in the process of completely rearranging my room. cleaning and gettin rid of certain figures thrown about. and I want to get rid of my art table, since it's really uncomfortable and take ups a lot of space. with it gone, i will be able to put in one or two more display cases for my things and it'll still look clean enough.

as for my main display case...no major rearranging has been done to it in a while. which i think is good because I'm satisfied with the way it looks...tho that'll all change once I get the new display cases in...I'm going to have just one huge display for my 1/48's...and that's giong to be freakin badass.

As if collecting wasn't compulsive enough? I haven't touched most of my toys for quite a while. I do however immensely enjoy rearanging friends display shelves when ever they pass out while entertaining me. I try to guess how long it will take them to notice what I did. Simple things like kermit the frog sitting in professor-x's lap, nightcrawler's face in sombody's groin, legos in strange places, etc. "why is my valk riding a my little pony!!" :rolleyes:

9 months into my first home coming from a 1 bedroom apt and I still have most of my stuff in tupperware bins stacked to the ceiling in the dining room. As for rearanging them... most were covered in layers of dust when I packed them, and I didn't dust as I packed.

I will have a room all to myself though, and it will be crammed full of all my cool things on display, but I have to much crap and the room is already stacked to the ceiling with crap I still need to unpack. one day....

Edited by kanata67