Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

• 2 weeks later...

Most of it was sanded completely smooth (with the exception of the verticle supports which I left rough to simulate re-sawn lumber. The entire piece was then detailed with a rigid wire sculpting tool to create the wood grain. The bare wood was then sprayed with an earthy orange laquer followed by acrylic washes and satin top coat.

-ahab

Nice job Ahab. You should sell those to Joe fans :D

Finally got the whole gang together!!! Nerd-gasm over here :D

Cool video review and congratz of getting the yellow one. I have Eva-02. Very imposing figure. The red is just pure aye candy!!

Found these. Some of the best looking hot toys images I've ever seen. Almost makes me want to get a Hulk.. but I can't get over those giant shoulder creases haha.

1394196_545276315551261_1575044687_n.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

i.jpg

j.jpg

k.jpg

l.jpg

m.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

I don't know why Hot Toys hides the joints/seams on some figures and doesn't on others. It's like they don't want people to forget that they are making figures. I've seen many photos where if you didn't know what you were looking at, you would think you are looking at a photo of a person. The Bale and Keaton Batman figures in particular.

It's balancing look with possibility. On that hulk, they could make the entire upper body including arms and hands one big piece but then you would have no rotational movement at the shoulders or wrists. the batman suits are more conducive to hiding the joints and still being flexible because of their design and materials (compared to something that's supposed to look like bare skin anyways).

Found these. Some of the best looking hot toys images I've ever seen. Almost makes me want to get a Hulk.. but I can't get over those giant shoulder creases haha.

Awesome fight scene. Thanks for sharing!

BTW, looks like Hot Toys has followed Sideshow in regards to pricing on hulking armors:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-igor-mark-xxxviii-hot-toys-902129/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In case anyone is interested, Sideshow just put up for pre-order a limited edition Iron Man Mark XXI - Midas. This was initially an overseas convention exclusive with some pretty ridiculous prices on eBay.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-xxi-midas-hot-toys-902134/

post-357-0-49723800-1386008546_thumb.png

Get it while the getting is good!

-b.

Got my Hulk out last night and took off his underpants :D

RngTkdQl.jpgz3ipNlpl.jpgCFANuP6l.jpg

None of the online pictures really do him justice. When you pick him up and feel the weight, see the dark green color, and the face sculpt close up... it's massively impressive.

I did a quick mod on my detolf with some wire ubolt clamps and raise my bottom shelf up enough to get him in.

I also loooove the clicky ratchet joints in his elbows.

Woot, just got the last DX-13 at Amiami for $250. Seems to be selling out at $313 before shipping at other places.

With my black getters I should get it well below $300.

Edited by Gakken85