Fantastic Four Trailer

Ladic

maybe he didn't get hit with the cosmic rays...thus becoming jealous of the rest of them thus driving him to become better than them? still a origin change but i guess it'll have to do since this is a MOVIE made for the "OOOOOOHH"'s and "AWWWWWWWW"'s factor...Fantastic Four can be made into a good TV series (if done right) but not just a one time movie (which this will become) and all of you are right...they're explorers, they don't look for trouble...trouble always seems to find them....i think an older actress should've been used for sue...can't think of anyone who'd be a good susan storm...

Doom is a master of science and sorcery... he dosn't have powers he has skills that he learned. His only real power is the ability to swap bodies with anyone... and he was taught that trick by some Aliens. Doom's powers are a result of arcane and sceientific knowledge and a suit of armour of his own creation.

I'm not much of a Marvel or DC fan, but out of the glut of mainstream comics, Dr. Doom was always one of my favourite villains. No accidents, cosmic rays, genetic mutation, bug bites, he was bad ass because he made himself so. He also had class and style. Changing his story in such a drastic, and moronic, way would be enough to put me off this movie.

Well it could be worse... you read the Amalgam Comic Challanger's of the Fantastic. Doom was controlling the mission from the ground. and purposly lead the Challangers to disaster... and he showed up at the end of the comic as Dr. Doomsday (amalgamed with Superman's Doomsday)

Never read much FF. The trailer does remind me of the Lost in Space film, which isn't a good sign. The effects look pretty good, though, and for all I know, they might tell a good story.

The problem is, the superhero origins story doesn't wear well on the screen anymore. The old "radiation makes a normal person super" trick could be recycled ad infinitum on paper back in the 60's, but now it's just ad nauseam. Tying the creation of the supers to the creation of the supervillain (chronologically and, often, causally) is also getting really boring. The final straw will be if they follow the usual pattern of killing the villain at the end.

Anyone watch the Venture Brothers last weekend where they made fun of the fantastic 4? Was pretty funny.

Anyone watch the Venture Brothers last weekend where they made fun of the fantastic 4?  Was pretty funny.

I saw that. Very funny, specially the fact that the human torch burst into flame at first contact with air :lol: . Also of note, and very amusing, was their homage to Johny Quest (the obvious inspiration for VB's satire) by having Race Banner show up in the episode...I won't say how or what happend in deference to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. ;)

Edited by mechaninac

• 4 months later...
Guest Bromgrev

Never been much a a FF fan, but even if I were this looks like yet another movie adaption to avoid. Man, I hope they get it together with X-Men 3 ... :(

I don't mind this FF4. In fact this is lightyears better then the never released FF4 movie they made a decade back. Now THAT was a horrid piece of crap.

Dangard have you seen it? Dr. Doom was a horrible excuse for a villian who couldn't fight, cracked lame one liners and was taken down by Mr. Fantastic in Three Punches but at least he was the rightful ruler of Latveria.. (yes the only reason I'm going to see this is because I am a Dr. Doom fan not a FF fan)

hmm, Too many superhero movies lately. The GF can't take more than one every 6 months or so, and for that matter I really can't either... This means I will have to decide between this and Batman, and since CB is the new Batman thats a no brainer.

Just watched the trailer and it doesn't look quite as bad as I thought it would. Still, like most shite movies, the trailer probably shows the only good bits in the entire film.

And what's up with Doom using dark side lightning?I didn't realise he was a Sith :lol:

Graham

I recognize the actor that plays Reed Richards. He was in Horatio Hornblower. I loved that series on A&E. I swear, that guy's been picking the shittiest roles ever since. It's a shame because I think he did a great job on Horatio but, ever since he hit the big screen, all of his roles have been bland static characters in stinker movies.

I hope he gets a decent movie one day.

Guest Bromgrev
I'd rather see The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe instead.

The thought sounds weird in my head, but I can see where you're coming from ... :blink:

I think Disney wants some of that LOTR action! :D

It sucked when the intial trailers were leaked and it sucks even worse NOW!

This version of DOOM is just horrid and completely destroys the DOOM character making the entire movie more of a farce then it would've been. Decades of written materials and dozens of basic character designs, yet they have to re-imagine something that has already sold itself. :rolleyes:

Personally I think they could have waited a few more years on this flick and spent it writting a decent script. The thought of Doom with super Powers is so cheesy!~!!!. He is a Scietific Genius that dables in Magic not some lighting powered mega villian. He always has a reason for his actions. He just thinks he is better than every one else. Use to getting his way. I do have to admit that the FX look great even if they have been Jazzed up by hollyweird. Sue Storm doesnt shoot invisible Blasts of enegery she can only make things Invisible make invisible stuff visible and make inviisble Shapes ( domes spiked weapons stairs, slides etc. thats about it oh and force fields.

They should never have given Doom POwers that Metal Skin of his is just a Cop out.

Personally I think they could have waited a few more years on this flick and spent it writting a decent script.  The thought of Doom  with super Powers is so cheesy!~!!!.  He is a Scietific Genius that dables in Magic not some lighting powered mega villian.  He always has a reason for his actions. He just thinks he is better than every one else.  Use to getting his way.  I do have to admit that the FX look great even if they have been Jazzed up by hollyweird.  Sue Storm doesnt shoot invisible Blasts of enegery she can only make things Invisible make invisible stuff visible and make inviisble Shapes ( domes spiked weapons stairs, slides etc.  thats about it oh and force fields.

They should never have given Doom POwers that Metal Skin of his is just a Cop out.

She can project the force fields outward as an attack... which is what they have her doing here I belive.

doom.jpg

doomandsuperman.jpg

Edited by lord_breetai