YF-19

EXO

Goodness that's IT? WHOA!! Man they even incorporated the landing gear!FOLDING!!! The intelligient badass @liquid stone who sculpted and engineered this gets the grand no prize and respect from me for today.

Can we get confirmation about thhe LS sculptor working for yamato though sithlord? Perhaps he was a freelancer just for the garland.

He made the Konig Monster.

Hi all,

I know this is a wonderfest exclusive but how are some of you that plan on getting one getting one????????? Cuz I want!!!!!!! Any chance you could help me out......??

There are only going to be 10pcs on sale at WF. As demand is likely to be high, Liquid Stone will be selling tickets for them, which will be drawn by lottery in the afternoon of Feb 19th. So there will only 10 lucky winners. Even if you win, you are still paying ¥30,000 for the toy.

Very rare and quite pricey. I'm down for one :D . Hope I win.

Graham

Hi all,

Anyone know what the liquid stone web addy is......??

The legs on this 19 are some of itz more impressive features!!!! The dimension too!! I don't see why they just won't mass market this toy!! They'd make soooo much more if they did.......30,000 yen be da&%ed!!

Edited by e_jacob77

Even the damn kneecaps on that thing look great.

Please please let Yamato release a toy based off of this. I don't even care if it has fast packs. It wouldn't matter if we could get this sculpt. Just a new edition YF-19 is fine.

Having to remove the hands is fine with me. Makes the arms a whole lot less complex. Doesn't look like you can attach the gunpod in fighter mode either, but it still doesn't bug me.

A work of beauty.

i really wish this models gets the attention from yamato. even if it was a toy in 1/100 or 1/72 without fast packs i would be willing to pay as much as 300 bucks, as long its perfect variable, i don't care if i have to take out the hands for fighter mode.

i won't be buying anything else until this thing comes out.

Sadly, it looks like Yamato are abandoning Macross, which is a shame, because my opinion is that if the did purchase the rights from Liquid Stone for this 1/100 scale design and tooled up for mass production it could sell in the ¥4000 to ¥5000 range as an ABS toy and would sell like hot cakes IMO. Still what do I know?

Graham

Sadly, it looks like Yamato are abandoning Macross, which is a shame, because my opinion is that if the did purchase the rights from Liquid Stone for this 1/100 scale design and tooled up for mass production it could sell in the ¥4000 to ¥5000 range as an ABS toy and would sell like hot cakes IMO. Still what do I know?

Graham

They're clearly allocating their funds that they made on Macross stuff on other projects... maybe if those don't do so well they'll go back to old reliable... :lol:

Sorry you couldn't get the LS 19 man... :(

Then who has the right for Macross toys ? any Idea ?

Big West (as well as many other master licence holders) does not grant just one all-encompassing master toy license to only one toy company. This is a common misconception that many people seem to have.

Toy licenses (especially in Japan) are a complex issue. The master license holder (in this case Big West), will often sell licenses to several different toy companies in order to generate more revenue and also increase the across-the-board exposure for their anime property.

Toy licences can also be quite specific, i.e. a toy license may just be granted for a specific scale or a specific type of toy (transforming, non-transforming, SD etc), or even for a toy made of a specific material. This is why there are often multiple toy companies making toys from a single anime at any given time.

So for example lets take the VF-1. BW might grant a license to Banpresto for PVC Gashapon Figures, while at the same time giving a licence for 1/60 and 1/48 scale ABS and die-cast transforming toys to Yamato and at the same time sell another license to Bandai for 1/55 scale ABS and diecast transforming Valks.

Toy licenses often are granted for a specific duration as well. In the case of BW toy licenses, I think they are for 2 years and then renewable should both parties be willing.

Graham

So to get back on topic, in the case of the YF-19 specifically, it maybe that Yamato's license to make Macross Plus transforming toys has already expired and they have chosen not to renew it.

Or it could be that Big West was unhappy with Yamato's treatment of the license, i.e. their snails pace at making a YF-19FP and Big West decided not to let Yamato renew the license.

A third possiblity, is that upon expiry of the Macross Plus transfoming toy license a third company offered a better price to Big West and bought up the license. This could potentially be good or bad news, as some big companies such as Bandai are rumored to sometimes buy a license and then just sit on it without making anything, just to prevent other companies from getting he license and making money.

Graham

.........as some big companies such as Bandai are rumored to sometimes buy a license and then just sit on it without making anything, just to prevent other companies from getting he license and making money.

Graham

Thanks Graham. Just wondering, would sitting on a licsence be some sort of breach of contract between the license issuer and the licensee? I mean if I was Sunrise and i gave the licensing to Bandai to create model kits of the new GUndams and Bandai doesn't do anything.....that would piss Sunrise off, no?

Well....there's no way in hell that Bandai will sit on a Gundam licsense, but just for example's sake.

I guess with a huge company like Bandai, they could afford to pay extra for the license, just to stop Big West complaining that they did nothing with it.

Graham

Does anyone know if Bandai's Mac 7 license expired yet? Mac 7 is nearly 10 years old now... :huh:

I'm starting to think a lot of Macross licenses have expired... <_<

It's already more than 10 years since the start of Macross 7, as the first episode aired in October of 1994.

Macross 7 may be the exception to the norm. There is speculation that Bandai pretty much permanently has the license for Macross 7 transfoming toys (or has an extremely long-term license), due to their being a major sponsor of Macross 7. This has never been confirmed though.

However, the impression that I got from Yamato when they were still talking to me was that the license for Macross 7 transforming mecha toys was still tied up. Although to be honest, I never sensed a great deal of desire on Yamato's part to venture into Macross 7 toys.

Graham

I was trudging through millions and millions of WF2005 pics. Got a hard on at some....drooling a few....and this one made me jump around and passed out. :p

I believe its a LS figure moulded to its basic colors.

post-4-1109003000_thumb.jpg

I was trudging through millions and millions of WF2005 pics. Got a hard on at some....drooling a few....and this one made me jump around and passed out. :p

Can you share the sites your going through?

Good question, I would like to know as well. ;)

SooOOoo... whos gonna bid on this YF-19?

Carl? You there? :lol::p

I wouldn't put too high hopes on LS's toy though. It looks ready to fall apart like the VF-1 banprestos.

ANyway, here are the sites as requested.

WARNING, some links contains some pics of resin, unsuitable for 18 & below....you have been warned

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Link 5

Link 7

Link 8

Link 9

Link 10

Link 11

Link 12

Link 13

Link 14

Link 15

Link 16

Link 17

Link 18

Link 19

Link courtesy of Katoots~  :D

Can you share the sites your going through?

Good question, I would like to know as well. ;)

SooOOoo... whos gonna bid on this YF-19?

Carl? You there? :lol::p

I'm bidding on it. Hope all you guys will be good enough not to bid against me.....please (get's down on knees and begs).

Graham