YF-19

EXO

indeed. The shorter body looks hot. I also love how on the second custom, they put alot of emphasis into the curvature of the body...due to the funky way it transforms...I <3 the way it looks...almost like its poised to strike. I would give a TON for one of those custom Hase -19s....so puuuurty B)) I'm getting a -21 FP for Xmas, so I'll hold out my opion there until i get it....but what Ive seen seems alright to me. Im also getting a Yammie 19 soon, so I might actually figure out what everyone's problem is about the body.....now all I ahve to do is see Mc+ :lol:

I agree.

The 19 should look sexy in any form, not just jet and gerwalk - and I really think that even if you can't fully replicate anime magic, you can still have something that is aesthetically pleasing and true to the spirit of it.

Actually the Liquid Stone 1/100 does a pretty good job of shortening the trunk (like I said before, just a couple of sliders on the joints and you could probably lock those sections even closer together) - while the Hasegawa mods above do a much better job on the upper body detail. Just slide the legs up along the sides and the proportions all start to fall together. I think if they use a mold at a decent size and combine the best of these molds it will KICK A$$.

I agree.

The 19 should look sexy in any form, not just jet and gerwalk - and I really think that even if you can't fully replicate anime magic, you can still have something that is aesthetically pleasing and true to the spirit of it.

Actually the Liquid Stone 1/100 does a pretty good job of shortening the trunk (like I said before, just a couple of sliders on the joints and you could probably lock those sections even closer together) - while the Hasegawa mods above do a much better job on the upper body detail. Just slide the legs up along the sides and the proportions all start to fall together. I think if they use a mold at a decent size and combine the best of these molds it will KICK A$$.

Those customs are incredible, specially since they're customs. That said, I think the most common problem in variable 19's is the height of the trunk. A short trunk is what makes the batt mode looks bad ass.

All Yamato would have to do is make the trunk extendable. Then they'd have the slimmer profile for Batroid Mode.

Damn I can't stop looking at the beauty of that Hasegawa. :p

you all have to admit that the 19 will look like crap in battroid on matter what unless there's some serious part swaping...i don't mind part swapping if it's gonna make a toy look great in all modes...it would make since to put another 19 in 1/100 scale simply because of the VF-X license Yamato acquiered...

Quit your whining people!!! It's not like you'll be able to get one... :lol:

* 1/100 YF-19 (perfect transformation / polychromatic formation / assembly end finished product)

Prototype production: Akira Sakurakawa (liquid stone)

Selling price XXYEN: 30,000

Sale quantity: 10

at 10 available, I doubt that the 30,000 price tag will hold in the grey market, that's if the buyers are willing to let go of it.

surely Godzilla or Graham will get all of them , possily murdering one another in the process and then they´ll be MIIIIIIIIIIINEEE....

mmm , sorry just found my pills , anyway , I didn´t expect only 10 units , the only thing I hope results from all this is that Yamato notices this buddy and make their on toy. actually there´s been quite a lot of people who have figured out a perfect variable Vf-19 , I wonder how they cannot pull it off yet considering all this and their resources.

I'm perfectly willing to pay that much to get one, maybe even a bit more, but with only 10 being released the chance of securing one is probably lower than winning the lottery.

For a perfect variable limited edition resin kit, that's not really such a high price. Consider that 10 years ago the perfect variable Macross Plus SHE kits were selling for about ¥22,000. This new Liquid Stone version is a big improvement over the SHE kit, as it comes molded in 3 colors, features landing gear and is pre assembled. I consider the price quite reasonable.

Graham

let's hope some MWer get one at the show and hand it to one of our gifted recasters for the community's sake :D

As for me, call me the fool of the forums, but I firmly believe that Yamato is developing a perfect variable YF-19, so for me is a matter of time and patience. After all, despite how much we like the Koenig, none of us ever imagined Yamato would take care of it and here it is! A YF-19 makes so much more sense in terms of profit with those garage models selling for 300 smakers!!! :blink:

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

I think Graham and Rob is right about the price of the kit. Especially if there are only 10/landing gears/pre-assembled. I would definitely pick it up for 30,000 yen easily. It's a steal. I would probably pay double that amount if I could see more pics of it painted. Variable Macross kits don't come cheap and is a high price to pay for one's own happiness. Whoever is lucky enough to get one, I hope he/she out there puts it up for auction. I'll definitely go all out on a bidding war for it. Although I pray I won't have to go though one against Graham, Rob and Andrew (aka AlphaHX) :p I have a limit in mind for this kit however for the three guys mentioned above,...hhhmmmm <_<

This Liquid Stone kit looks really nice but personally I still think Studio Halfeye's YF-19 version is still the best out there in terms of the over all look in all three modes. But then again I'm cannon fodder so what would I know? :unsure:

Cheers

Haru

Edited by Isamu Dyson

I know this is the toy section and it's miles away from the models section, but talking about recasting a Liquid Stone product is a no-no. We're just hanging by the nails to the little amount of products that get put out and any word of a recast would surely put a nail to seal that coffin.

If you guys would be kind enough to delete your comments it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by >EXO<

I know this is the toy section and it's miles away from the models section, but talking about recasting a Liquid Stone product is a no-no. We're just hanging by the nails to the little amount of products that get put out and any word of a recast would surely put a nail to seal that coffin.

If you guys would be kind enough to delete your comments it would be greatly appreciated.

Yep, no talk of recasting this please.

Graham

Be nice if anybody had one, but as they are not being released until the Winter Wonder Fest in February and only 10 are being sold, it's extremely unlikely (snowballs chance in hell) that any MWers will be able to get one to photo it.

Graham

It would be nice if Liquid Stone offered a special small sale to MW...anyone know how to ask them?

IIRC Seichi contacted them before to arrange just such a transaction for the Koenig Monster resin kit. But doing so would be a violation of their limited licence. If word got out to Big West of another transaction like that they could loose the ablility to make any more Macross kits in the future. Which I think would be a big loss to variable resin kit fans worldwide.

It would be nice if Liquid Stone offered a special small sale to MW...anyone know how to ask them?

IIRC Seichi contacted them before to arrange just such a transaction for the Koenig Monster resin kit. But doing so would be a violation of their limited licence. If word got out to Big West of another transaction like that they could loose the ablility to make any more Macross kits in the future. Which I think would be a big loss to variable resin kit fans worldwide.

Understand...but from what I understand the limited license does not preclude them from buying more limited licenses (for other WF's) and they can sell some outside of WF as long as at least more then 1/2 are sold at WF. Youve had contact with them in the past...would you consider asking them? It would be a nice olive branch for them to extend to us.