Kevin/Hamill Involved In Star Wars TV?

EXO

from the info at my disposal here a few facts to add to the sith thing.

SITH- ancient race of force sensitive beings long extinct by the events of the sith wars.

DARK LORD OF THE SITH- a follower of the teachings of the origional sith race which leaned toward what could be called the dark side.

DARTH- apprentice directly under the tutelage of a DARK LORD.

SITH APPRENTICE- anyone undergoing training using the old SITH ways of teaching but not directly taught by a DARK LORD. in other words a lackey who can be stepped up if the DARTH is killed.

only 2 are ever in charge but they can have a legion of followers as long as their abilities arent as refined as the 2.

DARK JEDI- a jedi who has turned from the ways he was taught at the academy and embraces SOME of the SITH teachings but does not follow all.

so all in all the term sith is more about a group the character is following rather than who that character is. all actual sith in the starwars universe are dead. the people who call themselves sith are actually followers of old traditions and teachings.

Not sure about this but last time I heard it was around 10,000 around the time of Episode 1. That number was suppose to have dropped a lot due to the fighting of the Clone Wars with Jedi leading strike teams, armies(General Obiwan for example), in starfighters(Anakin and others), etc. That's not a lot of Jedi when you look at how many people would be in the galaxy in Star Wars. That number might include all Jedi(students, Knights, Masters, and maybe those that dont' become Knights but move on to being doctors, farmers, aid workers(think humanitarin aid type of work I believe),m etc).

Edited by Effect

Wow... that many, I was under the impression that it was only a few hundred or a couple of thousand at most.

But yes I agree, when spread out throughout the whole galaxy (galaxies?) 10,000 is not many.

Actually, does SW take place in just one galaxy (a galaxy far far away :D ), or is it supposed to take place in several galaxies?

Graham

Those that don't actually reach the title of "Knight" are transferred to the Agricorps, Medicorps, or other ancillery groups that help the Jedi proper in some manner.

And the Sith started off as a race. About 5,000 years before the Battle of Yavin (BBY for ease of reference) a group of dark-side using Jedi were thrown out of the Order and exiled from the then-small Galactic Republic. They eventually settled on a world called Korriban (I *think*, though I could be wrong) where they set up shop as the gods of the indiginous people, their Dark Side powers allowing them to easily enslave the Sith race.

Thus the "Lords" of the Sith were born. It soon became just a title, with the Sith race eventually dying out completely.

It wasn't until 4,000 years BBY that the Sith Empire first encountered the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order that had cast out their ancestors. The great irony is that over the course of that thousand years, each side had forgotten the other had existed, so it was something of a shock to come across other Force-Users for each group :)

EDIT:

(sigh, one of these days I will ginish a thought BEFORE I click the post button...)

To give an example of the Galactic population, Coruscant has a population of 1 trillion sentient beings, plus or minus a few dozen million in transit at any given time.

Edited by CoryHolmes

Not sure about this but last time I heard it was around 10,000 around the time of Episode 1. That number was suppose to have dropped a lot due to the fighting of the Clone Wars with Jedi leading strike teams, armies(General Obiwan for example), in starfighters(Anakin and others), etc. That's not a lot of Jedi when you look at how many people would be in the galaxy in Star Wars. That number might include all Jedi(students, Knights, Masters, and maybe those that dont' become Knights but move on to being doctors, farmers, aid workers(think humanitarin aid type of work I believe),m etc).

Not a star wars geek....so I have to ask a related question. In the OT, was Luke supposed to be the only Jedi left after Yoda died? I remmebered Yoda saying that he was the last Jedi before he died. But shortly after the fall of the Empire, there apparently were enough Jedi to make an Academy for....so I'm now like....confused.

Did the new Jedi suddenly pop out of nowhere after the emperor died?

Actually, does SW take place in just one galaxy (a galaxy far far away :D ), or is it supposed to take place in several galaxies?

Graham

Should be 1 Galaxy only. Even in the EU. They never went extra-galactic.

For the canon movies, I guess we can take hint from Vader offering Luke to rule the 'Galaxy' together and not 'Universe' or 'Galaxies'.

read the books and played the games holmes the sith were an ancient race that did live on korriban. humans found the world thousands of years before the great sith wars mentioned in all the games and novels. the force sensitive humans of that time found records of the sith teachings and started to learn them as well turning them into the first sith lords. afterwards fallen and dark jedi also came to the world to learn the teachings. thus the beginnings of the current sith following. it will take me a day or 2 but i can find the info and scan and post it. its also mentioned in KOTOR that the TRUE sith died out millenia before the events of KOTOR. a few of the people on korriban mention that when you ask them. i believe it is also mentioned in the tales of the jedi series which also take place around the time of EXAR KUN and his SITH following because he finds ANCIENT sith records. the sith were an alien race though it is also stadted in many places.

Edited by HWR MKII

Hmm, hopefully Hamill will work out a little for the role. The years haven't been kind and he's done a little Shatner fattening up.

He looked pretty good 10 years ago in the great Wing Commander games:

blair-poll-hamillt.jpg

But lately (can't find a pic), he's looking tired, wrinkled, chubby, and like he lives in a trailer.

(this one is 5 years ago at TPM and it's not me, it's from google)

photo.jpg

I thought people with midoclorians couldn't be ugly :p

At least Skywalker should be fit.

Edited by ComicKaze

Not a star wars geek....so I have to ask a related question. In the OT, was Luke supposed to be the only Jedi left after Yoda died? I remmebered Yoda saying that he was the last Jedi before he died. But shortly after the fall of the Empire, there apparently were enough Jedi to make an Academy for....so I'm now like....confused.

The Jedi themselves were down to one. However, there still were many force sensitive beings throughout the galaxy who were unaware of their potential. In the books, before Luke starts his academy, he goes on a campaign finding force-sensitive people to join his academy.

The Jedi themselves were down to one. However, there still were many force sensitive beings throughout the galaxy who were unaware of their potential. In the books, before Luke starts his academy, he goes on a campaign finding force-sensitive people to join his academy.

So Jedi are force-sensitive people trained in the ways of a Jedi knight. Its like you might have all the qualities of a Marine but aren't a Marine until you actually join them and train as them. Ok...i thought being a Jedi is like a race thing. I am born a Jedi etc.

ok...now i get it. Thanks!

So Jedi are force-sensitive people trained in the ways of a Jedi knight. Its like you might have all the qualities of a Marine but aren't a Marine until you actually join them and train as them. Ok...i thought being a Jedi is like a race thing. I am born a Jedi etc.

ok...now i get it. Thanks!

That's pretty much it. But like with anything you may be force-sensitive and have the potential to become a Jedi but that doesn't mean you should be trained. Just like there are people that have the qualities of a Marine but doesn't mean they should be trained for different reasons. Mental unbalance for example. The prequel Jedi tried to catch people like that during training I believe and stopped if they felt the person wasn't right to continue on to be a Jedi. Try to stop people that would more likely go dark for different reasons or just weren't suited for the life style even though they might have been good. Luke's seems to train any and everyone with force potential no matter the age. This causes some of his students, who he thought he could help, to go evil or continue to be evil. This is where the Shadow Academy(headed by one of Luke's former students(one of his first) in the Young Jedi Knight series comes about. They train Dark Jedi while Luke's academy trains Light Jedi.

Also the time between Luke's first group of students and Return of the Jedi is like 10 years I think, mostly adults as well. One was actually a Dark Jedi of sorts others were simply thoughts that were force sensitive. It was small around 10 people I think. The large number of his students and Jedi come from children that were trained after that first group though there are still adults that get trained. Most of the first group went on to be teachers. The problem is that they are trained pretty fast. The younger ones have gotten more training though. But while Obiwan became a Knight at around 25-29 I believe, these kids are being called Knights in their early 20s or late teens. They don't seem to have the amount of control the prequel Jedi had. They are to emotional(mostly the adults tend to have the proper control and even then that's few). Mara Jade is an example of a person that shouldn't have been trained(but Luke trains everyone pretty much, which would make sense since the numbers are so low(currently after the NJO story arc(19 book series) there are around 50 left I believe or around that when there were close to a 100 before the story arc started)) as a Jedi cause she's everything a Jedi shouldn't be plus she has no control over her emotions or mouth.

Edited by Effect

imagine if new york city covered the planet. now you have that mental picture make it at least 3 to 5 miles worth of levels and buildings deep. that is why the population is so high.

This reminds me of a reallygreat series of strips in Irregular Web Comic.

http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/comics/irreg0386.jpg

http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cgi-bin/comic.pl?comic=393

http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cgi-bin/comic.pl?comic=396

http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cgi-bin/comic.pl?comic=417

http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cgi-bin/comic.pl?comic=420

http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cgi-bin/comic.pl?comic=434

Edited by JELEINEN

Wow... neato.

I'm not sure what I expect out of this... but at least they're using people that obviously know and love Star Wars.

Now if they can just keep Bea Arthur from reprising that role from the Holiday Special.

Wow... neato.

I'm not sure what I expect out of this... but at least they're using people that obviously know and love Star Wars.

Now if they can just keep Bea Arthur from reprising that role from the Holiday Special.

Wow... neato.

hey man, what do you got against beearthur!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

she MADE that '78 holiday special SHINE!!!!!!! i mean who could forget that # number she belted out in the mos-eisly cantina?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!!??!??!? :angry::blink::ph34r::huh::o:):):):)

you got issues man! :lol:

Should be 1 Galaxy only. Even in the EU. They never went extra-galactic.

For the canon movies, I guess we can take hint from Vader offering Luke to rule the 'Galaxy' together and not 'Universe' or 'Galaxies'.

Actually...the novels get it wrong.

Rewatch the end of the Empire Strikes Back and you can clearly tell that the Alliance Fleet met somewhere in a dwarf galaxy near the main one as the Millenium Falcon is shown jetting out towards the galaxy proper. It was probably relativel close by, much like the Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy in our own universe. There are probably a myriad of small satellite galaxies near the big one.

In the EU, I always took The Outbound Project as trying to reach another large galaxy...say like someone going from The Milky Way to Andromeda.

actually in ESB they were still "IN" the galaxy just outside the rim of the eccliptic. that is explained in a few of the books and in the directors commentary.

the outbound flight project was intended to leave the galaxy after they had charted the unknown regions which became known as "chiss" territory.

No wait I've got it, "Jay and Silent Bob, Jedi Knights"

Then maybe we can get Master Replica bongsabers. :lol:

Am I the only one who doesn't like Jedi? They're a bunch of panty-waisted do-gooders. They're like the Mormons of outer space. :rolleyes:

Nope not a big fan of Jedi, they pretty much suck.

actually in ESB they were still "IN" the galaxy just outside the rim of the eccliptic. that is explained in a few of the books and in the directors commentary.

The books are wrong. You can clearly see the galaxy quite a distance off...about where you would find a dwarf galaxy. (I apologize for the quality..had to resize it).

post-26-1103431741_thumb.jpg

correction guys. its a extremely young star system. basically the planets hadnt formed yet and the dust is still swirling around it while the star inside is burning brightly. dont know about you but from the pics i have seen from hubble a proto solar system could easily look like a miniature galaxy without a frame of reference for size. its not like there was anything else to judge size by.

regardless the stories still take place in one galaxy as stated earlier about vaders comment. you also have to think of it as what would you rather see them looking at. empty space with just the falcon leaving or the scifi cool factor with some eyecandy background.

Edited by HWR MKII